Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jim Hill or some other similar people had posted this I would laugh and say ok, Nope..But since this "rumor" seems to have legs with people like Martin, even in vague references, I am taking notice. Ill wait patiently but it does appear something is indeed in the works and based on the vague comments, id say sometime just prior to GE opening or just after.

I think that the CL price point is low and doesn't price enough people out. Am I alone in thinking that the majority of people would spend an extra $50 per person, per day, three day minimum, to have 6 pre-scheduled tierless FP's?
At $16 per person per FP, that is lower than the built-in cost of FP for EMMs. But, the CL FPs have huge problems. They cannot overlap with your regular FPs, so you need to commit to at least 6 hours in the park, which sounds pretty tiring to me and makes it difficult to enjoy some of the other types of attractions, like parades. And they cannot be changed by you. If you want to change them, you have to call DSS and have them change it. I really like moving my FPs around in the app, based on what is available and how my day is going. And finally, they cause lots of problems for those with APs, because even if you are onsite, the system sees it as a separate FP from your onsite stay, so it triggers the 7-day FP limit for APers, *even with onsite stays.*

The only way that I will pay for FPs is if they make my experience significantly better; if they enhance what is my current experience. I would not pay for a bigger inconvenience.

At $16 per person per FP, that is lower than the built-in cost of FP for EMMs.

What do you mean by this? Every EMM I have been to, I have done well over 10 rides (obviously in DHS EMM that means re-rides).

But, the CL FPs have huge problems. They cannot overlap with your regular FPs, so you need to commit to at least 6 hours in the park, which sounds pretty tiring to me and makes it difficult to enjoy some of the other types of attractions, like parades. And they cannot be changed by you. If you want to change them, you have to call DSS and have them change it. I really like moving my FPs around in the app, based on what is available and how my day is going. And finally, they cause lots of problems for those with APs, because even if you are onsite, the system sees it as a separate FP from your onsite stay, so it triggers the 7-day FP limit for APers, *even with onsite stays.*

I totally agree. CLFP are too restrictive. With the nighttime show, they were worth considering, but now without it... you can do a LOT better without the program by refreshing.

The only way that I will pay for FPs is if they make my experience significantly better; if they enhance what is my current experience. I would not pay for a bigger inconvenience.

Agree again... I want 10 unrestricted anytimes a day. I'd pay a good amount for that ($300 a day per person, perhaps).

What do you mean by this? Every EMM I have been to, I have done well over 10 rides (obviously in DHS EMM that means re-rides).

I totally agree. CLFP are too restrictive. With the nighttime show, they were worth considering, but now without it... you can do a LOT better without the program by refreshing.

Agree again... I want 10 unrestricted anytimes a day. I'd pay a good amount for that ($300 a day per person, perhaps).
I guess the FP cost during EMM would be $8 if you can do 10 rides, which would make the $50 for 3 FP much more overpriced. I can see getting 10 rides in DHS between SDD, Alien and TSMM. But at MK, the only good ride included in EMM is 7DMT. It's a fun ride, but I can't imagine going 10 times in a row in it, so I was thinking along the lines of riding it 5-6 times in a row.

I think that the CL price point is low and doesn't price enough people out. Am I alone in thinking that the majority of people would spend an extra $50 per person, per day, three day minimum, to have 6 pre-scheduled tierless FP's?

Honestly? Probably, yes. I really don't think anywhere near as many people would and/or can pay that. I think the ones that would are the minority, and in no way represent the real, average Disney visitor (aka, the millions of average people not on this board).

For us, for a family of 4, for just a 4 day vacation, that would be $800 US extra ($1050 CDN), for what, an extra 3 rides per day? That we can easily do for free if we rope drop? I get the attraction of it being untiered, especially for something like Avatar, TSL and SWGEk. But that's something that only the rich, hard core fans are going to pay. Not the average guest. And even then, you could just as easily pay for one of their Early Morning Magic or After Hours events. We could do one of those for a fraction of the price, get unlimited rides on the three rides, and get breakfast to boot.

But at MK, the only good ride included in EMM is 7DMT. It's a fun ride, but I can't imagine going 10 times in a row in it, so I was thinking along the lines of riding it 5-6 times in a row.

Obviously depends on what you like, but the new 'expanded' MK EMM has a lot of rides my family likes (though my kids are young, 6 and 4).

Reactions: CJN
Obviously depends on what you like, but the new 'expanded' MK EMM has a lot of rides my family likes (though my kids are young, 6 and 4).
You are right,. I just looked it up and there are more attractions now. I haven't kept up. My kids are 11 and 14, so we are definitely in the "headliners" stage. EMM doesn't make much sense for us, but I can see how it would be good with little ones.

EMM doesn't make much sense for us, but I can see how it would be good with little ones.

True. If nothing else, EMM is good for the un-advertised carousel (that always seems to be operating during EMM). I like to let my kids get their fill of the carousel during EMM, so we don't ever have to wait in the standby for it. ;-)

You are right,. I just looked it up and there are more attractions now. I haven't kept up. My kids are 11 and 14, so we are definitely in the "headliners" stage. EMM doesn't make much sense for us, but I can see how it would be good with little ones.

I like EMM precisely BECAUSE we have teens. We don't like to waste fastpasses on those little rides, but I still like riding them when I get a chance! So PP, which has such terribly long standby waits, is an awesome ride to get done during EMM (along with Pooh). And then we can hopefully also get our fill of 7DMT. Of course, we still get fastpasses for it for every day we do MK. ;)

At that cost, I'd be looking into a 1 day VIP tour instead.

I think it depends on a few factors.

1. The total number of days people are planning to purchase the CLFP option?

2. If given the choice, would they choose to not purchase it for everyone in the Club level room?

3. What’s more, would they otherwise not book the higher priced Club Level room?

4. What is the value each potential CLFP customer would place on the 90-day window versus the usual 60-day window that all onsite guests have? There are (currently) only a small number of attractions in which the 90-day window is advantageous.

Depending on how each guest answers these questions, it might be better to forego the CLFP and instead purchase a second set of tickets. Disney knows this. And while they would probably love to double or triple the asking price of CLFP, they are somewhat bound by their own pricing structure.

We've done them a few times, but a VIP tour dwarfs the hypothetical cost of $300/person for my family of 4 [VIP tour is 7 hours minimum x $450-650/hour]. And honestly, minus the awesome transportation of the VIP tour, I'd rather have unrestricted anytimes.
1200 extra bucks for 1 day on top of park tickets sounds good to you?!?

1200 extra bucks for 1 day on top of park tickets sounds good to you?!?

I’ve done worse. My point was that I personally would pay for flexibility (unrestricted any times). Meanwhile, I have passed on CLFPs a few times because they are too inflexible.

It’s pretty silly to guess what will happen (but also kind of fun). But I very highly doubt WDW will be selling 10 unrestricted anytimes a day...

At $16 per person per FP, that is lower than the built-in cost of FP for EMMs. But, the CL FPs have huge problems. They cannot overlap with your regular FPs, so you need to commit to at least 6 hours in the park, which sounds pretty tiring to me and makes it difficult to enjoy some of the other types of attractions, like parades. And they cannot be changed by you. If you want to change them, you have to call DSS and have them change it. I really like moving my FPs around in the app, based on what is available and how my day is going. And finally, they cause lots of problems for those with APs, because even if you are onsite, the system sees it as a separate FP from your onsite stay, so it triggers the 7-day FP limit for APers, *even with onsite stays.*

We did the CL FP+ in September 2018, December 2018 and have it booked for this April. September 2018 we did 10 park days. We have 8 park days booked for this April. Purchasing the CLFP+ did not trigger any 7 day limit for us. We have AP's.

The $300/pp per day that I bolded
That's still only $900 for three days. A VIP tour is like $3,000, minimum. There is a pretty big discrepancy there. I paid for a CL room with extra FP's coming this December. I cannot yet commit to a VIP tour when we go in early September. MAYBE I would if there were both rides open. But, that's a lot of money for 7 hours.

That's still only $900 for three days. A VIP tour is like $3,000, minimum. There is a pretty big discrepancy there. I paid for a CL room with extra FP's coming this December. I cannot yet commit to a VIP tour when we go in early September. MAYBE I would if there were both rides open. But, that's a lot of money for 7 hours.

$900 PP for 3 days
If you're talking a group of 5 or more the VIP tour comes out cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter