Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring recess will have very long wait times.
That's my guess too. It will be very interesting to see what happens during those weeks. Hopefully WDW learns from them and adjusts things (if needed) by the time the 50th / holidays roll around later this year.

That's my guess too. It will be very interesting to see what happens during those weeks. Hopefully WDW learns from them and adjusts things (if needed) by the time the 50th / holidays roll around later this year.

My too, Christmas week wasn't all that much fun. The lines were extremely long..

Some moved fast. Peter Pan as an example had a line through the building, outside and all the way past Harbour House. The wait itself was roughly 45 minutes or so.

Others not so much...Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog, Runaway were all over 2 hours.

My too, Christmas week wasn't all that much fun. The lines were extremely long..

Some moved fast. Peter Pan as an example had a line through the building, outside and all the way past Harbour House. The wait itself was roughly 45 minutes or so.

Others not so much...Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog, Runaway were all over 2 hours.
That’s crazy. FP needs to be back.

Fastpass will just make the lines longer.

It will, but in fairness that's about the only thing not running on those lines. During Christmas week, there seemed to be a lot more DAS users than my other trips. Could be any number of things - including me just noticing it more because there isn't a stream of FP users.

But between DAS users and rider swaps, that lane is utilized. The line is already being stalled for others to cut in and potentially being used to cut in front of a standby line. In both cases it doesn't speed up the wait. You still have a return time, but it does slow down the standby line.

Fastpass will just make the lines longer.
I kept hearing comments that FP+ will make lines longer. That's true for Standby. But for those who want to utilize FP+ and spend a little more planning time to make the visit more efficient, FP+ is awesome! My family does not have the luxury to visit WDW all the time. We can only visit every other year for 5-6 night. So my family would not want to waste hours and hours, not even 30 minutes in line for a ride. We have always used FP+ to get the rides we want to do and never get to wait for more than 20 minutes. During last trip we splurged on the club house FP+, it made the trip so magical. I really hope that WDW will bring back FP+ even with a price tag like the express pass at Universal.

Disneyland "Max Passes" before they closed were $20 a day. If Disney World went with a paid FastPass system like this I might go for it, any higher I'd likely skip the FastPasses. I do believe the "Max Passes" also included free access to their photopass program which made it affordable.

Disneyland "Max Passes" before they closed were $20 a day. If Disney World went with a paid FastPass system like this I might go for it, any higher I'd likely skip the FastPasses. I do believe the "Max Passes" also included free access to their photopass program which made it affordable.
Yes. Max pass was for FPS and photo pass.

I still don't understand the value of Max Pass. Was it just the convenience of managing FP on your phone versus going to a kiosk?? Was the line at FP kiosk usually long? At WDW, everyone could manage their FP+ on the phone.

Yes. Max pass was for FPS and photo pass.
That wouldn't be so bad, the cost of Memory Maker plus a few dollars a day for FastPasses (at least 3 I hope)

I still don't understand the value of Max Pass. Was it just the convenience of managing FP on your phone versus going to a kiosk?? Was the line at FP kiosk usually long? At WDW, everyone could manage their FP+ on the phone.

It allowed for more felxibility - you could get FPs for the other park without having to run over there. It mainly saved walking, and put you at the head of the line. Pulling paper FP wasn't overly difficult at DL though. The nice thing abotu MP is that you can get it for a day wher eyou want it, and not on others. If I was doing like a 3 day trip, I would get it on the first day and depending on how much I got down, maybe skip it after that.

It’s a totally different Fastpass system so it’s hard to relate the two. It gives you a huge head start on non-MP guests, and the ability to more easily hold multiple fastpasses at once, as well as the ability to cancel FastPasses and pick up other peoples canceled Fastpasses, which you otherwise can’t do at DLR.

It’s a totally different Fastpass system so it’s hard to relate the two. It gives you a huge head start on non-MP guests, and the ability to more easily hold multiple fastpasses at once, as well as the ability to cancel FastPasses and pick up other peoples canceled Fastpasses, which you otherwise can’t do at DLR.
This. The only downside compared to fp+ is you don’t get to select the time. You get what it gives you.

The benefit was two parts. It gave you access to all your in park photos. It also gave you the ability to reserve fast passes on your phone. You just had to scan in to one park and you could make a fastpass in either park. If you didn’t have it, you had to use the paper fast passes. It’s actually a really nice benefit.

There's only so much shopping and eating that can be done, and in the end all you've accomplished is to move the lines from the rides to all the QS and stores.

Honestly , at this point of technology, it’s just a no brainer to move to a virtual que for every ride.
You show up 20 minutes before your scheduled time and wait 20 minutes. That leave you free to spend more money shopping and eating.
There’s not enough space in the parks to have that many people wandering around. They’d have to cut capacity and jack up prices.

Honestly , at this point of technology, it’s just a no brainer to move to a virtual que for every ride.
You show up 20 minutes before your scheduled time and wait 20 minutes. That leave you free to spend more money shopping and eating.

I agree that *some* rides really need virtual or fastpass. Not all. Not dumbo. Not space mountain. But 7DMT? FOP? The safari could really benefit from virtual because those rhinos are so unpredictable.

maybe a free fastpass option and then paid virtual line option and then the ultimate in spontaneity VIP tour options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter