Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone takes a 10k vacation to Disney, then what is an additional $1500 for FP's? If people want the "full experience", they will pay! Disney knows this and they make bank off of that. I don't think it should be limited to certain resorts though.
My comment was based on those who take extended vacations. If it was priced similarly to universal, I think a family of 4 would have to pay much more than $1500. The longest ticket option at Universal is 3-days vs 10-days at WDW.

I'm not saying there won't be paid FP+, or that they won't charge those prices. I just think that if they do, they will have to do things differently than other theme parks. Maybe offer virtual queues, continue with 3 free FP+ for resort guests, or some other option that universal doesn't offer to appease guests that aren't going to be happy with them for tacking on 3-4k for the same vacation.

My comment was based on those who take extended vacations. If it was priced similarly to universal, I think a family of 4 would have to pay much more than $1500. The longest ticket option at Universal is 3-days vs 10-days at WDW.

I'm not saying there won't be paid FP+, or that they won't charge those prices. I just think that if they do, they will have to do things differently than other theme parks. Maybe offer virtual queues, continue with 3 free FP+ for resort guests, or some other option that universal doesn't offer to appease guests that aren't going to be happy with them for tacking on 3-4k for the same vacation.

Universal has 5 day tickets and even longer if ur staying onsite resort.

If they go with a full day Max Pass type thing, it'll have to be at least $400 per person per day in order to make it limiting enough to be worthwhile. Or they could do like they did with CLFP and sell them for $25 or so each.

Very bad optics either way.

Whatever happens with paid options - I personally think the term "fast pass" or "FP" will be a thing of the past. No way do they want to continue using that term if they do move forward with a pay option.

Hey, I'm just wondering if there has been any recent rumors of fastpass returning in any capacity sometime soon. With vaccines rolling out and more people booking vacations I'm sure park capacity will be increasing enough soon to have it feasible again.

Hey, I'm just wondering if there has been any recent rumors of fastpass returning in any capacity sometime soon. With vaccines rolling out and more people booking vacations I'm sure park capacity will be increasing enough soon to have it feasible again.

no. If there was there woukd likely be a post on it.

probably wont be the same when it returns but dont see anything changing until more things return not just capacity

Yea always mixed on the FastPasses because they slow down the standby lines so much. IT's nice for when you have them, and at the start it was fair as everyone had an equal shot at them. But I almost wish they'd either get rid of them or at least go back to the original concept of not booking them in advance, just inside the parks.

No rumors.

I would not look to see FP this year. They said on the earnings call they hope social distancing and masks are done in 2022.

Until social distancing is done Disney does not physically have the space for more people in the parks (see them cutting off PP line this weekend because they ran out of room). During this time the absolute last thing they need is a FP line at any ride backing up the socially distanced regular line.

Fastpass will be back as soon as they reduce social distancing. The problem is that is is impossible to social distance with FP line adjacent to a standbye line. Once herd immunity is reached, I'd be willing to bet that FP will be one of the first changes to resume. Will it return as we know? Will it be paid FP only? Obviously no one knows. It would be an interesting perk if they included it free for on site guests, and off site had to pay for it. Just a thought. Disney has said that they have the demand for increased capacity right now, but can't due to social distancing. They can't increase capacity much more at this point without some type of FP, or you will be waiting 40-50 minutes for Small World level rides. No thanks.

If you knew how to work the previous FP system you never waiting more than 20 minutes for anything. Now without FP, you are going to wait 20+ minutes for basically everything outside of early morning. Anyone who tells you they wait less now without FP, simply had no clue how to maximize FP system to their advantage. I will welcome it back paid or free. In fact if it is converted to paid FP, the advantage would become even greater if you have it. It will be interesting how it plays out. I'll bet it is back between August and October. Just my 2 cents.

That wouldn’t work. Where would everyone go if they weren’t in lines?

In a normal world you would hopefully ramp up your shows, meet and greets, streetmosphere, dining offerings, or add more rides. Their new offerings over the years havent increased quickly enough to keep up with demand.

But again Id still rather find a place off the beaten path than be crammed in with a crowded line.

In a normal world you would hopefully ramp up your shows, meet and greets, streetmosphere, dining offerings, or add more rides. Their new offerings over the years havent increased quickly enough to keep up with demand.

But again Id still rather find a place off the beaten path than be crammed in with a crowded line.
Even with all of the offerings in the parks, there isn’t enough space to eat up everyone. You’ll end up with overcrowded shops, paths and dining locations.

With FP, I never waited more than 20 minutes for any ride. I am scared to return this summer without FP if waits for every single ride are over 30 minutes and the more popular rides are all an hour plus. I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old and they can't handle those kinds of waits. We went last summer in early August and it was glorious. The longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes for 7DMT and MMRR and 13 minutes for Splash. I can't imagine how bad waits will be this summer without some kind of FP or maxpass or virtual queue. Masks we can handle, but horrid wait times are sadly a deal breaker :( It will be a happy day for my family when some kind of FP is announced. I will pay!

I highly doubt it won't return in some capacity. This was a highlight to many peoples trips. I could see them altering it significantly though. When we went in 2019, if you didn't log in the moment FP were available, you would not find FP for some things like FOP which was a bummer. I would support a system more like DL MaxPass personally, but that may be very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!