our secret green club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1stWDWtrip said:
Well, I felt a little bit guilty, but I took 20 of the darned things while I was there. There was not a soul around, so I just grabbed a stack. There were still plenty left had any other Disers shown up looking :teeth:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

You know what they say....'When you start stealing to support your habit..." Maybe...its time for a intervention????? :thumbsup2

What would of happened if Security stopped you at the front, and all these Lime Green Mickeys fell out of your purse? Oh the shame!!!

"Hi my name is 1stWDWtrip and I am a DisOholic"
the first step is admitting it!

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH! Very Funny post!

Do we think Home Depot is on to us? I'd like to be a fly on the wall when their execs are discussing stolen paint samples in a board meeting. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You guys are too funny!

:rotfl:

I swiped my Mickey Heads last wekend to support my habit. I left a fe for other DIS fans, but took a bunch and tucked them into a free room idea samples. Then I strolled around pretending to be interested in the paint thinner and brushes! I ended up buying something there just so I didn't feel silly. (Of course, I am rather silly!)

We'll be at WL 7/7-7/11 and AKL 7/11-7/15. I'll put one on our door, and I made a ribbon pin with the Mickey ears and some lime green ribbon to wear in the parks or tie to my backpack. I'm also tying lime green ribbon to our luggage.

And yes, my husband does think I've lost my mind. After all this waiting for AP codes, he may just be right!!

Enjoy your trips, everyone!

:wizard:

I just read on the Disney Tips thread that some lady swiped 240 paint samples last weekend. OMG!! She puts them on her hotel room door and suspends a pencil there for fellow Disers to leave her a message. :rotfl2:

I'll try to put one on my door tomorrow, I'll be at the WORLD.

dreamsofdisney said:
Then I strolled around pretending to be interested in the paint thinner and brushes! I ended up buying something there just so I didn't feel silly. :

THATS GOOD! It's called the old "Pretend to be a real paying customer" scam! :thumbsup2 I am sooooooooo PROUD of You...Throwing the Home Depot Security off your tracks...and everything! :teeth:

Who knew the Disboards would turn us all into a life of crime? pirate:

dreamsofdisney said:
And yes, my husband does think I've lost my mind.:

:crazy:
RULE #1 - Dont let your spouse in on your Dis Divine Quest! These spouses tend to "Sing like a Bird" if captured!

What happens in Home Depot....STAYS in Home Depot!!!!! :rolleyes1

5disneyfreaks said:
I need to go and get my green Mickey paint samples. :teeth: I can't wait to go!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

Me too!

I'm new here and am embarassed to say . . . I haven't been to Disneyland since Grad Nite '78 :rolleyes2 :sad:

But, I have a trip planned in Sept with my best friend from High School and will be taking the whole family in June 07 :banana:

Even tho I'm new . . . can I still get a green Mickey and hang it on my door? :Pinkbounc Please?? I've learned so much from reading everyone's comments I feel like I belong :wave2:

I did this last time with the mickey heads, but no one seemed to see me. I tie one around my beltback with lime green ribbon. I also tie them to my luggage/ purse/ ect. to see if anyone sees me. This time I will post one on my room door.

As for Home Depo, someone asked me what i was doing with paint sameples of all the same color, and i told her. i know she thought i was crazy......then i gave her the web addy to the dis, and told her to come by and see us. at that point she knew i wasn't crazy, i was insane.

DizzylandDeb said:
Me too!

I'm new here and am embarassed to say . . . I haven't been to Disneyland since Grad Nite '78 :rolleyes2 :sad:

But, I have a trip planned in Sept with my best friend from High School and will be taking the whole family in June 07 :banana:

Even tho I'm new . . . can I still get a green Mickey and hang it on my door? :Pinkbounc Please?? I've learned so much from reading everyone's comments I feel like I belong :wave2:

WELCOME DizzylandDEB!
:thumbsup2 :Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce: Enjoy the Boards!

Don't be embarassed here...unless you get a humiliating tag from the tag fairy! Then and ONLY then can you be embarassed! :)

So you havent been to WDW since '78!!!! WOW are you in for a suprise! :teeth: THE TIME HAS COME!!!!!

Yes! As an official member of the Disboards you are duly authorized to confiscate a lime green Mickey from Home Depot and place it noticeable on your resort door.

However with this humble HONOR greatly disposed on you, comes great responsibility! :crazy:

Please see my rule #1 above! Follow it to the letter, do not waive from it at all.,,EVER NEVER! :rolleyes1

At this time I must (since no else seems to be around) WARN you....NEVER in the vast & glorious history of the Mighty Disboards has anyone been caught "borrowing" a lime green Mickey paint Chip from Home Depot! N E V E R :woohoo:
It is with GREAT POWER this honor has been bestowed on you. :listen:
Don't disgrace the sanctity of these boards by being the first one!!!!!! :tongue:

Ohhhh the Shame & Mortification of the one who is not worthy! :jester:

Legend has fortold that soon :hourglass the "limegreenmickeypaintchipstealergettingcaughtatit" is to be forshamed! :smokin:

Have a nice day!

Bambi5826 said:
I did this last time with the mickey heads, but no one seemed to see me. I tie one around my beltback with lime green ribbon. I also tie them to my luggage/ purse/ ect. to see if anyone sees me. .

Next time stick it to your forehead! That always VERY noticeable

Bambi5826 said:
As for Home Depo, someone asked me what i was doing with paint sameples of all the same color,.
Hmmmmm, probably a SPY from the Universal boards!!!!!!

Bambi5826 said:
and i told her.,.
Foolish!!! Very Foolish!

Bambi5826 said:
i know she thought i was crazy.,.
So far you aint convincing me otherwise either! :teeth: But then again check out my ramblings!

Bambi5826 said:
......then i gave her the web addy to the dis, and told her to come by and see us..,.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH thats nice!

Bambi5826 said:
at that point she knew i wasn't crazy, i was insane.
As IF that is a BAD thing???? :crazy:

I am thinking about laminating mine and attaching it to a tongue depresser (also "borrowed" from the doctor's office) and sticking it my back pocket or put of the zipper pockets in my backpack. :wizard:

DISUNC said:
WELCOME DizzylandDEB!
:thumbsup2 :Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce: Enjoy the Boards!

Don't be embarassed here...unless you get a humiliating tag from the tag fairy! Then and ONLY then can you be embarassed! :)

So you havent been to WDW since '78!!!! WOW are you in for a suprise! :teeth: THE TIME HAS COME!!!!!

Yes! As an official member of the Disboards you are duly authorized to confiscate a lime green Mickey from Home Depot and place it noticeable on your resort door.

However with this humble HONOR greatly disposed on you, comes great responsibility! :crazy:

Please see my rule #1 above! Follow it to the letter, do not waive from it at all.,,EVER NEVER! :rolleyes1

At this time I must (since no else seems to be around) WARN you....NEVER in the vast & glorious history of the Mighty Disboards has anyone been caught "borrowing" a lime green Mickey paint Chip from Home Depot! N E V E R :woohoo:
It is with GREAT POWER this honor has been bestowed on you. :listen:
Don't disgrace the sanctity of these boards by being the first one!!!!!! :tongue:

Ohhhh the Shame & Mortification of the one who is not worthy! :jester:

Legend has fortold that soon :hourglass the "limegreenmickeypaintchipstealergettingcaughtatit" is to be forshamed! :smokin:

Have a nice day!

Thank you for the warm welcome DisUnc :goodvibes

The irony of acquiring a paint chip from Home Depot paint dept. is too great for me to pass up. My step kids mother was the manager of our local HD paint department before losing her battle with cancer. :sad1: HD was very supportive during that time and I know the kids would be proud to sport the lime green Mickey :thumbsup2 Besides, I have legitimate paint business to attend to anyway!

I have enjoyed getting up to speed on all things Disney! Thank you for your support :cool1:

Cheers! :wave2:

DizzylandDeb said:
Me too!

My grad night at Disneyland was '76, lived in So Cal, and have gone many times. This ( 8-13 thru 8-18 ) will only be my second trip to the World." I'm too excited to sleep) :woohoo: I'm new here too, this place is great! Welcome! :cheer2:

Must admit, I too have "borrowed" alien green Mickey paint chips from HD. Took about ten of them. They are in my Passporter binder awaiting their transformation from mere paint chip to WDW and DCL door sign greatness. See you all in August! :mickeyjum

tkitty said:
My grad night at Disneyland was '76, lived in So Cal, and have gone many times. This ( 8-13 thru 8-18 ) will only be my second trip to the World." I'm too excited to sleep) :woohoo: I'm new here too, this place is great! Welcome! :cheer2:

I, too, went to Disneyland Grad night (1983)! I am also new to posting on these boards (been reading them awhile, though) and might put green mickey heads on my door or backpack when we go to WDW in August. It'd be fun to spot other DISers and say hello. :)

tsd1202 said:
I am thinking about laminating mine and attaching it to a tongue depresser (also "borrowed" from the doctor's office) and sticking it my back pocket or put of the zipper pockets in my backpack. :wizard:

You'd be suprise what you can get in a Dr.s office when they leave you in a room alone!!!!! :magnify:

momandseandodisney said:
:sad: I cannot find any at my Home Depot

Maybe they are not offered in Canada :confused3

Yeah, but rumor has it you live in New Jersey? :yay:
When you aint here.....people talk about you! :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter