our secret green club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've read the same thing. i will be putting one on my CSR door in december, and also on my backpack!

have a great trip!

momandseandodisney said:
Does anyone put a green mickey head on their hotel door? I have heard of people doing this to show that they are on the DIS boards?
I never have before. This will be my first trip that I am taking the alien green Mickey heads from Home Depot. Great idea about putting them on the resort door :thumbsup2

What exactly are we suppose to do with this alien green mickey head from Home Depot? I keep seeing references to this but clearly, I don't have the whole picture.

Gladys Kravitz said:
What exactly are we suppose to do with this alien green mickey head from Home Depot? I keep seeing references to this but clearly, I don't have the whole picture.

Firstly, Please give my regards to Abner! The most underated man in TV history! My Goal is to live his life! Just sit around & do nothing all day!!!!
I just purchased the first season DVD, and YOU mentioned how Abner work hard for 30 years and is enjoying his retirement.
30 years I am almost there, how come I can't retire......(wow! so off track here) :crazy:

Back to the business at hand.

There are these Lime green paint sample cards, that can ONLY be found at Home Depot. You get one of these and cut it out to Mickey ears. Write your Dis name in it. Place it on your door and/or your backpack.

This way we can identify each other. Once you have more post, you will be introduced to the "secret Disboards handshake"! WooHOO thats when the real PARTY BEGINS! ;)

momandseandodisney said:
Hmm , I have not heard of the "home depot" one, what is it?

It is a large hardware/lumber/garden store chain. Like Lowes, unless you haven't heard of Lowes. Where do you live? I thought they were everywhere.

DISUNC said:
There are these lime green paint sample cards, that can ONLY be found at Home Depot. <snip> You get one of these and cut it out to Mickey ears. Write your Dis name in it. Place it on your door and/or your backpack.

And you don't need to cut out the Mickey ears - it's Disney paint and the paint samples are already in the shape of Mickey's head. You might want to trim the extra card stock from around the head, but depending upon how/where you use it, it may not be necessary.

Luv'sTink said:
It is a large hardware/lumber/garden store chain. Like Lowes, unless you haven't heard of Lowes. Where do you live? I thought they were everywhere.

haha no sorry, I know what home depot is (we have them in canada but not lowes)

I meant what is the home depot paint mickeys, I did not know what that meant :)

Thanks for the clarification. I have my paint chip. I think I'll laminate it to have for many more Disney trips. I mean, God forbid Home Depot should discontinue Alien Green! Horrors!
And DISUNC, I'm tickled pink you got my user name reference to Bewitched. My DH thinks I'm way too nosy about the goings on in the neighborhood, but it gives us something to chuckle about. :rotfl:
I'll be on the lookout for fellow DISer's during my June trip. Hope to see you all there.

DISUNC said:
Firstly, Please give my regards to Abner! The most underated man in TV history! My Goal is to live his life! Just sit around & do nothing all day!!!!
I just purchased the first season DVD, and YOU mentioned how Abner work hard for 30 years and is enjoying his retirement.
30 years I am almost there, how come I can't retire......(wow! so off track here) :crazy:

Back to the business at hand.

There are these Lime green paint sample cards, that can ONLY be found at Home Depot. You get one of these and cut it out to Mickey ears. Write your Dis name in it. Place it on your door and/or your backpack.

This way we can identify each other. Once you have more post, you will be introduced to the "secret Disboards handshake"! WooHOO thats when the real PARTY BEGINS! ;)

ok, you're killing me here! how many posts does one need to find out about the "secret disboards handshake"?? do tell! i guess i better get busy posting!

Gladys Kravitz said:
And DISUNC, I'm tickled pink you got my user name reference to Bewitched. My DH thinks I'm way too nosy about the goings on in the neighborhood, but it gives us something to chuckle about. :rotfl:

I aim to tickle!!!! :rotfl2:

ShellyMouse said:
[/B]

ok, you're killing me here! how many posts does one need to find out about the "secret disboards handshake"?? do tell! i guess i better get busy posting!

At current count you have.....233 more to go! Limber those fingers and start posting!!!! :thumbsup2

momandseandodisney said:
Does anyone put a green mickey head on their hotel door? I have heard of people doing this to show that they are on the DIS boards?

We will be doing this!! We will be at ASMovies 5/21 - 5/31 :banana: :banana: Can't wait to see the WORLD!! :Pinkbounc

I hadn't thought about putting them on our entry door, but I am planning to put them on our balcony door and windows.

momandseandodisney said:

Well, its not a secret anymore. :rotfl2:

My husband already thinks I am crazy the way I read this site continually. Now if I tell him that I have to pick up Alien Green Paint samles when we go to HD this weekend it will just prove what he thinks. :confused3

Wonder how many I can swipe at once or if I will need to go in several times. :rolleyes1

I have way to many more posts needed for the handshake. I might make it by Septemer. :bounce:

pigletforever said:
My husband already thinks I am crazy the way I read this site continually. Now if I tell him that I have to pick up Alien Green Paint samles when we go to HD this weekend it will just prove what he thinks. :confused3

Wonder how many I can swipe at once or if I will need to go in several times. :rolleyes1

I have way to many more posts needed for the handshake. I might make it by Septemer. :bounce:

Well, I felt a little bit guilty, but I took 20 of the darned things while I was there. There was not a soul around, so I just grabbed a stack. There were still plenty left had any other Disers shown up looking :teeth:

pigletforever said:

Yup, my hubby thinks ive gone disney nutso. He says how much longer can he take it! 5 more months I told him :) Then i'm going to plan our next trip (we will do it every other year...) This way i can save more slowly :D :woohoo: So basically, he can hear me forever.

So green paint samples. Iwonder what he will think of me then! Ok, im in...now what are you sticking them to the doors with? I dont want POR maids or maintanence to take them off or get irritated with us :)

Nursey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!