Our "Do we really have to wait 'til March?" PTR

Yeah bugs are never a good sign.

I remember seeing a roach in our room (yick!!) at the Ramada maingate last time we were at DL, and I am terrified of that happening again.

Yeah bugs are never a good sign.

I remember seeing a roach in our room (yick!!) at the Ramada maingate last time we were at DL, and I am terrified of that happening again.

Yuck. That and rats. Yuck.

Ugh! We don't have rats here in Alberta. Or roaches. Thank goodness! Are they commonly seen in hotels down there?

I never consider the Quality Inn because of it's location. I can usually get something that is closer for close to the same price and like Michele, Quality Inns aren't someplace that's usually on my radar.

Normally I can get a great rate at Desert Iin or HOJO. Desert Inn is actually at $99 a night for our next trip now although I already have a reservation for less than that but for more days than I plan to use so I may have to cancel it which means I lose my $69 rate. The dates are still up in the air. It will depend on the price difference on going on Friday night instead of Saturday morning.

As for Motel 6, well, I've been in some decent ones and some not so decent ones.

Ugh! We don't have rats here in Alberta. Or roaches. Thank goodness! Are they commonly seen in hotels down there?

I have heard about them yes. I have never seen them though thankfully. That would totally make me snap.

I never consider the Quality Inn because of it's location. I can usually get something that is closer for close to the same price and like Michele, Quality Inns aren't someplace that's usually on my radar.

Normally I can get a great rate at Desert Iin or HOJO. Desert Inn is actually at $99 a night for our next trip now although I already have a reservation for less than that but for more days than I plan to use so I may have to cancel it which means I lose my $69 rate. The dates are still up in the air. It will depend on the price difference on going on Friday night instead of Saturday morning.

As for Motel 6, well, I've been in some decent ones and some not so decent ones.

We stayed in the Desert Inn on our honeymoon 18 years ago. That is where our 17 year old daughter was conceived. Ah the memories.

Hmmm, well hopefully this Quality Inn isn't too bad. I already paid for it, and I'm not sure I want to go on the hunting process again. And I think we will give the Motel 6's a try. I want to plan ahead where we are going to stop, so I can have a map ready.

For location, everyone on the reviews said it's no more than 10 minutes to walk, so that sounds ok.

I would snap if I saw a rat too. Never seen a wild one, so I don't think I would have a good reaction. I have owned my fair share of hamsters, but they are definitely not the same thing!

Hmmm, well hopefully this Quality Inn isn't too bad. I already paid for it, and I'm not sure I want to go on the hunting process again. And I think we will give the Motel 6's a try. I want to plan ahead where we are going to stop, so I can have a map ready.

For location, everyone on the reviews said it's no more than 10 minutes to walk, so that sounds ok.

I would snap if I saw a rat too. Never seen a wild one, so I don't think I would have a good reaction. I have owned my fair share of hamsters, but they are definitely not the same thing!

My husband always tries to talk me into rats as pets and I won't do it. He gets frustrated because we have had hamsters, and guinea pigs but I won't get a rat.

You know what I think it is? Other than their dirty reputation of course. It's those big gross tails and their long pointy noses. Neither hamsters or Guinea Pigs have those. For the most part, their noses are shorter and cuter.

We've done hamsters, guinea pigs, chameleons an iguana and lizards but never a rat. They gross me out for some reason.

I'm sure that Quality Inn is fine. I just don't want to walk any further than I already do. lol

You know what I think it is? Other than their dirty reputation of course. It's those big gross tails and their long pointy noses. Neither hamsters or Guinea Pigs have those. For the most part, their noses are shorter and cuter.

I think you are right. They just aren't as cute.

Speaking of cute, someone on another forum I belong to posted a pic of a sugar glider which are apparently common pocket pets in some areas of the US. They are really cute! I still don't want one, but golly. lol

Oh, and I forgot to mention.. I asked the kid if there was any place in the US she wanted to see. Her answer? The Holocaust Museum. Guess maybe I will get my trip to DC. lol It ertainly won't be a Spring Break trip though. Too cold back that way still in March. :rolleyes1

Oh, and I forgot to mention.. I asked the kid if there was any place in the US she wanted to see. Her answer? The Holocaust Museum. Guess maybe I will get my trip to DC. lol It ertainly won't be a Spring Break trip though. Too cold back that way still in March. :rolleyes1

That sounds so cool.

She's been really interested in the Holocaust since the studied it in HS. Hopefully we can swing it here in the next coupla years. lol

Actually, SW isn't too bad from PHX to IAD. lol It wouldn't surprise me if Jetblue flies that route from here as well.

I'll have to do some more research. :surfweb:

Sooo.. in the past week I've been a busy little decision maker. lol

I've done more research into a fall trip. I even booked Anaheim Plaza for the one night, just in case. Honestly, it's not that far, it's comfy, and it was $59. So what if it doesn't offer breakfast? I think that with saving $40 a night I can afford to crack open my wallet for some morning grub. lol Now, I'll just need to wait and see what the flight prices look like and determine if we want to do the ToT party in DCA if it's available that weekend.That's help determine our days and which reservation we keep.

The prices for the others for that weekend have gone up on SW.com

I've also been discussing the quilt show with my mom and she's fianlly decided what position she'll put me in. She's going to put me in charge of the small quilt auction and let the gal with the PR skills actually work it. I'm ok with that. That gal can sell the quilts way better than I can. :cutie: Mom doesn't want to have to teach her the new database since she is slightly computer challenged. She also doesn't want me doing a lot of walking and the volunteer coordinator does a lot of walking.

So, that leads me to my decision about school. I've opted to change my major. Instead of general business, I'll now major in Business Management and Project Management. Yes, you read that right. I must have sucker written across my forehead because the people around me talked me into a dual degree when I was trying to choose between the two. haha That said, I'll need to be taking summer session classes and winter intercession classes as well in order to graduate on time still. :scared: I can still take a light semester for the quilt show though. I plan to take my business english class and my natural science (once I decide which one to take) since it counts as two with the lab it requires. I think I may add an additional accelerated course after the show too.

Wow business management...I am impressed. Planning sounds wonderful.

I'd been debating it for days trying to decide between management and project management. Both are a pretty good fit for my current skill set. Management is better for the path I want to take going forward but the project management will be incredibly helpful as well. So, I'll just do both and save myself the headache of deciding. haha :thumbsup2

I was going to go by and speak to an advisor yesterday after class, but I forgot. I had to go by FYE and get a movie exchanged and another one buffed. I meant to go by the advisement office right after class. He let us out early and it threw me off. :confused3 We don't have class tomorrow so maybe I'll stop by and do it then. Although, I could just as easily do it after work today I guess. I'd just need to print out a new sheet since I left mine at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter