Our "Do we really have to wait 'til March?" PTR

Not quite our cuppa tea. We're not real outdoorsy. lol My foot issue does not allow for walking on uneven surfaces without extreme pain so I avoid that as much as possible. haha

I've decided a cruise is out. :sad2: I can't find one that we want to do that fits our dates and that I can afford. So, at this point I am leaning heavily towards the San Diego/ Anaheim adventure. We've never been to San Diego and my mom raves about the zoo there. Shoot, I might even be able to get either my folks or my sister to do the San Diego portion with us. :thumbsup2We can't all go as someone has to stay home to feed animals. HAHA ;) We'll look at cruises again for 2012 when I shouldn't have as many quilt show duties and can leave earlier.

Although, I am also still considering WDW. Maybe I'll do a little more research and call to get a real quote.

OH, and I talked to my BFF in CO last night. We could almost take a WDW trip together. Unfortunately her spring break is the week after ours. lol They'll be there for a band trip that week but hey arrive the day we'd have to leave.

We are on for the reunion though. YAY! :banana: I just need to book my flight.

Not quite our cuppa tea. We're not real outdoorsy. lol My foot issue does not allow for walking on uneven surfaces without extreme pain so I avoid that as much as possible. haha

I've decided a cruise is out. :sad2: I can't find one that we want to do that fits our dates and that I can afford. So, at this point I am leaning heavily towards the San Diego/ Anaheim adventure. We've never been to San Diego and my mom raves about the zoo there. Shoot, I might even be able to get either my folks or my sister to do the San Diego portion with us. :thumbsup2We can't all go as someone has to stay home to feed animals. HAHA ;) We'll look at cruises again for 2012 when I shouldn't have as many quilt show duties and can leave earlier.

Although, I am also still considering WDW. Maybe I'll do a little more research and call to get a real quote.

I was thinking more along the lines of staying at the lodge which is very nice. And most of the park can be seen by hopping on the bus and then walking on pavement. There isn't much uneven ground on the valley floor.

OH, and I talked to my BFF in CO last night. We could almost take a WDW trip together. Unfortunately her spring break is the week after ours. lol They'll be there for a band trip that week but hey arrive the day we'd have to leave.

We are on for the reunion though. YAY! :banana: I just need to book my flight.

Totally cool!!

That's good to know. Shoot, my foot is the main reason I only do Indy once per trip. That queue kills me because it's a little uneven and it twists and turns so much. :confused3

We'll add Yosemite to our list of places to check out. I'm not sure I can talk her into that one though. She's already veto'd every national landmark and park I've mentioned. She's just not interested right now.

Of course, at this particular moment she's not interested in anything. She and her BF broke up Monday night. It's been a long time coming and I have to admit I am glad it happened, but she's miserable.

I only do Indiana Jones like once a trip because I always feel so beat up when we are done.

It wouldn't surprise if, subconsiously, that's another reason I only go once as well. The kid would ride that all dang day. hehe Besides sitting that one out usually provides a nice litle rest for me. :thumbsup2

It's cold in my office this morning. I have goosebumps. Guess maybe I should put on my jacket. ;)

It wouldn't surprise if, subconsiously, that's another reason I only go once as well. The kid would ride that all dang day. hehe Besides sitting that one out usually provides a nice litle rest for me. :thumbsup2

It's cold in my office this morning. I have goosebumps. Guess maybe I should put on my jacket. ;)

You know it is entirely possible. I just know that I had fallen on Main Street right before we rode on it the last time so that didn't help with the soreness.

No, I can see where that would not be helpful AT ALL...:rolleyes1

Did I mention that I found a spankin' deal for a weekend in October. Hopefully it's staill available when I actually have the funds to book it in September. haha If not, I'll go with the reservations I have already.

No, I can see where that would not be helpful AT ALL...:rolleyes1

Did I mention that I found a spankin' deal for a weekend in October. Hopefully it's staill available when I actually have the funds to book it in September. haha If not, I'll go with the reservations I have already.

Really? Where? Do tell....:goodvibes

Oddly enough, through Southwest.com. lol

I planned to fly with them anyway. It is about 348 total RT for the two of us and then it was another $56 for the Carousel (who has breakfast) or $52 for Fairfield (who does not). I plan to get our hoppers from lastminutetravel.com.

So it comes out to
402.58 for flights and hotel
251.68 for out tickets
32.00 for shuttle to/from SNA

Plus whatever we spend on food.

The cheapest hotel I could find was Anaheim Plaza which, while still acceptable, is further away and doesn't offer breakfast. Everywhere else I would consider staying was at least $99 a night.

Have you considered trying the Quality Inn & Suites? It is right behind Fairfield, and I got it for only $55 a night. And they have a free continental breakfast every morning. I haven't heard anything bad about it yet. Except the rooms are a little small and might be noisy if you get one close to the highway. But you could always make a request to be away from the highway, and the room size doesn't matter if you're going to be in the parks most of the day, does it? Just a suggestion. I haven't heard anybody suggest staying there, so I am curious if there is something wrong with it I am not hearing about! :confused3

I think that maybe a lot of people are like I am and cringe at the thought of the Quality Inn. Their reputation isn't always stellar. It has kind of a no tell motel reputation in our twon.

Is there a reason?

I dont know, for me, since we will be in the parks from opening to close, and we will only be using the hotel to sleep and shower in, I didn't think it would be a big deal. I read reviews on trip advisor, and there were way more good reviews than bad. As long as it's clean and bug free, which it sounds like it is, I think it should be ok. :confused3

Is there a reason?

I dont know, for me, since we will be in the parks from opening to close, and we will only be using the hotel to sleep and shower in, I didn't think it would be a big deal. I read reviews on trip advisor, and there were way more good reviews than bad. As long as it's clean and bug free, which it sounds like it is, I think it should be ok. :confused3

I agree and that is what I look at. But, that is the reason I will bet on it. And maybe because of the location, a lot of people want to be on top of Disneyland. They want to walk. In our town it is just "that" hotel, it is an old hotel that the local bowling alley used to be next door to it. It doesn't attract the best people.

Ah, I see.

Quality Inn's have had a fairly decent reputation around here. So when I recognized the name, it seemed like a good choice to me. Of course I checked it out before I booked. It looks like a cute little place. On the way down, we would like to be able to find cheap, but not dumpy places to stop at. Is Motel 6 bad? Even for one night?

Ah, I see.

Quality Inn's have had a fairly decent reputation around here. So when I recognized the name, it seemed like a good choice to me. Of course I checked it out before I booked. It looks like a cute little place. On the way down, we would like to be able to find cheap, but not dumpy places to stop at. Is Motel 6 bad? Even for one night?

It depends on where you are at honestly. We have stayed at one in Buttonwillow that was good visit but the next there were bugs in the bed. I think it is a just a toss of the dice on that.

Ok. Well we are only looking at one each way. The one on the way there will most likely be Salt Lake City. It's right off the main highway, so hopefully it's ok.

Ok. Well we are only looking at one each way. The one on the way there will most likely be Salt Lake City. It's right off the main highway, so hopefully it's ok.

Well if there is a problem you can always complain.

True. I doubt I will though, unless it's absolutely too bad to sleep or something like. I don't like confrontation, so I am not one to complain. But if it's a bug issue, I will definitely be! I am absolutely terrified of bugs.

True. I doubt I will though, unless it's absolutely too bad to sleep or something like. I don't like confrontation, so I am not one to complain. But if it's a bug issue, I will definitely be! I am absolutely terrified of bugs.

I didn't know until later that my girls had seen bugs in their bed. I would have taken care of it right then and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter