Our "Do we really have to wait 'til March?" PTR

Just when I think I have my dates for October all nailed down, I throw a wrench in the works. lol

Now I have to redecide if I want to leave on the 15th or stick with my plan for the 16th. I think I'll have to wait until they post the hours for that week which, with the way they currently post them, won't be until late August/early Sept. No big deal I guess. I won't be buying plane or park tickets until September anyway.

Hehe, I'm sure it will one way or the other. ;) It's just over $100 more for us to do the extra day. Well, half day anyway. She was talking about wanting to do the ToT party and if she wants to do that, we'd have to go the extra night as I don't think it will be offered the Satuday night we are there. pirate:

Hehe, I'm sure it will one way or the other. ;) It's just over $100 more for us to do the extra day. Well, half day anyway. She was talking about wanting to do the ToT party and if she wants to do that, we'd have to go the extra night as I don't think it will be offered the Satuday night we are there. pirate:

The party is where the money kicks in.

Yea I know. That adds another what, 60-80 bucks? :rolleyes1

Of course, now I have my brain all in gear towards WDW in the Spring instead of CA. :cool2: I have a rough figure of costs and a set of dates. I've already started pulling together the document. lol Gotta have someplace to keep all that info you know. hehe I even ordered a planning DVD, not that I reeeaaally need one. lol Seeing as Easter is so late in the month next year (4/24), I'm thinking that if we go at Spring Break (3/13-21), we'll still be there a full month before Easter so hopefully it won't be too bad. Hopefully they put up their online booking info this fall. I am sorely tempted to call and get a couple of quotes though.

Y'all don't really care if I bounce WDW ideas off of you too right? :3dglasses

I certainly don't care! I am thinking about planning a trip there as well! Maybe not as soon as spring, but thinking about Christmas 2011. Or maybe even summer 2011, but I am not sure I want to try out the summer crowds!

Also I find it a little hilarious that you have been reading Tinkgurl's report, as that is the one I have been following too. If you want more WDW reports, I recommend Glenbo123, his stories are very good.

Actually, as I mentioned, that's the first one I read. She's entertaining. lol I did read one or two others after that but I was looking for ones from people who went during the same time frame this year that I am looking at for next year.

I have zero interest in WDW (or DLR, for that matter) in the summertime. I don't enjoy the heat or the crowds. I'll be busy hibernating. lol Plus, I have a full summer of classes and no time to go really. I want to do DLR for Christmas before I do WDW. It's just a matter of when we can go.

I am thinking it may be very possible to go to WDW in March. Even more so if my kid gets a job and I can convince her to put up some of the cash for the trip. I think she's finally serious about looking.

Yea I know. That adds another what, 60-80 bucks? :rolleyes1

Of course, now I have my brain all in gear towards WDW in the Spring instead of CA. :cool2: I have a rough figure of costs and a set of dates. I've already started pulling together the document. lol Gotta have someplace to keep all that info you know. hehe I even ordered a planning DVD, not that I reeeaaally need one. lol Seeing as Easter is so late in the month next year (4/24), I'm thinking that if we go at Spring Break (3/13-21), we'll still be there a full month before Easter so hopefully it won't be too bad. Hopefully they put up their online booking info this fall. I am sorely tempted to call and get a couple of quotes though.

Y'all don't really care if I bounce WDW ideas off of you too right? :3dglasses

Hey, I am over on the WDW side a lot. I have friends I hang out with that I am the only Dland one on the thread.

I certainly don't care! I am thinking about planning a trip there as well! Maybe not as soon as spring, but thinking about Christmas 2011. Or maybe even summer 2011, but I am not sure I want to try out the summer crowds!

I would love to go but it isn't gonna happen until all my kids have moved out.

Also I find it a little hilarious that you have been reading Tinkgurl's report, as that is the one I have been following too. If you want more WDW reports, I recommend Glenbo123, his stories are very good.

There a couple of really funny ones. I have a friend that points them olut whenever she finds one. Next one I will let you know.

Actually, as I mentioned, that's the first one I read. She's entertaining. lol I did read one or two others after that but I was looking for ones from people who went during the same time frame this year that I am looking at for next year.

I have zero interest in WDW (or DLR, for that matter) in the summertime. I don't enjoy the heat or the crowds. I'll be busy hibernating. lol Plus, I have a full summer of classes and no time to go really. I want to do DLR for Christmas before I do WDW. It's just a matter of when we can go.:santa:

I am thinking it may be very possible to go to WDW in March. Even more so if my kid gets a job and I can convince her to put up some of the cash for the trip. I think she's finally serious about looking.

I worry about when to go. I shall hook you up with a link to me thread that visit with my WDW friends and you can pick their brains. They are always happy to make new friends.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2376343

Here it is. All are welcome.

I worry about when to go. I shall hook you up with a link to me thread that visit with my WDW friends and you can pick their brains. They are always happy to make new friends.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2376343

Here it is. All are welcome.

Why fank you vewy much.:goodvibes I will go check that out as soon as I'm done here. So, I was thinking DDP. It really makes sense there after all. Now I will just need to get the kid to look over menus and decide if we should do TS or QS. I see no reason why the quick service plan wouldn't work for us and no reason why we couldn't just pay oop for the couple of table service places I'd like to try. I like the idea of all inclusive and have no problem just buying gift cards to make the other places "included" lol I think I've all but edcided to stay at Pop Century although I would just love to stay at Port Orleans. I'm cheap, and on a budget, so what can I say. hehe

With the little bit of research I have done, I had decided on POP too. I would love to do any one of those Moderate type hotels, as they are so pretty, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $$$. Plus POP looks pretty cool too.

I was also thinking about doing the dining plan. It seems more worth it there than at DLR. I like your idea about getting the quick service one and paying a little extra for a couple sit down meals. We did an all-inclusive in Mexico a couple years ago, and we loved not having to worry about money for meals.

The more I am thinking about it, the more I am loving the idea of a trip to WDW!!

ooo. so tell me more about your all inclusive to Mexico. The kid and I have been considering one of those as well.

It just seems to me that, as we don't spend much time in the room when we do Disney, it makes no sense to spend a small fortune. We are really only there long enough to sleep and shower. That may not be the case with 7 days and a 3 hour time difference but I'm willing to take that chance for several hundred dollars in savings. lol That's why the QS plan makes the most sense to me. We have discovered, over our many trip to DLR, that we don't eat as often/as much as normal when we do the parks. I mean, at DLR, we generally do breakfast by 10. Then a light snack around 3 and then dinner so the quick service plan will work well for that I think. There are enough of them that serve something other than pizza and burgers that I don't think we'll get bored.

I'm also tempted to see if either or both of my cousins want to go at the same time. I don't know when their kid's spring breaks are but I could see us having a lot of fun together. I'll have to do some more research. lol I don't get to see them very often since they are so far away and their kids are all at perfect Disney park age. Plus, I'm sure that by March they'll be thrilled to get out of the doom and gloom of WV and into the warm sunny weather of FL.

Our all-inclusive trip was amazing. Granted, neither of us had ever been to a place like that before, so we have nothing to compare it to, but it was a great experience.

We stayed in the Mayan Riviera area at a hotel called Grand Riviera Princess. It is a pretty new hotel there, and it is beautiful. There are many other hotels there, and I think this one might be a little more money than some, because it is a 5 star resort, but there are some good travel deals that make it affordable.

They have 2 huge buffet restaurants that are open from I think 7 in the morning to 11 at night. Plus 7 different A La Carte places you can make reservations for each day, which include Swiss, Japanese, Italian, and of course Mexican. All of these are included when you pay for the trip. The only thing we paid for the entire trip was a day tour we did, and souveniers. Nothing else.

The pools are amazing. The beach is amazing. And my favourite thing of all, even though I am not a drinker, was the mango margarita at the swim-up bar. Mmmmm. Drinks are also included. Even if you are not a drinker, it is always good when it's free!

Anyways, enough with my rambling. I could go on about it forever. If this is something you are thinking about, then I definitely think it is worth it. There are a lot of beautiful resorts in that area that I am sure are just as nice as ours, but I had such a good time, that I thought I would boast about ours for a bit!

I hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to show you my two favourite pictures that I took of our resort.

This one was taken from the lobby as you are entering the hotel.

Mexico1.jpg

This one was taken from the balcony of our room. That big hut just to the left of the center is one of the swim up bars. I think there is 8 or 9 pools total in the resort. Plus of course, the beach!
Mexico2.jpg

Why fank you vewy much.:goodvibes I will go check that out as soon as I'm done here. So, I was thinking DDP. It really makes sense there after all. Now I will just need to get the kid to look over menus and decide if we should do TS or QS. I see no reason why the quick service plan wouldn't work for us and no reason why we couldn't just pay oop for the couple of table service places I'd like to try. I like the idea of all inclusive and have no problem just buying gift cards to make the other places "included" lol I think I've all but edcided to stay at Pop Century although I would just love to stay at Port Orleans. I'm cheap, and on a budget, so what can I say. hehe

You are quite welcome. They are a great group and we are all rather chatty. I told them all I had invite you all so they are going to expect you.

I hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to show you my two favourite pictures that I took of our resort.

This one was taken from the lobby as you are entering the hotel.

Mexico1.jpg

This one was taken from the balcony of our room. That big hut just to the left of the center is one of the swim up bars. I think there is 8 or 9 pools total in the resort. Plus of course, the beach!
Mexico2.jpg

How absolutely beautiful!!

oooo that's pretty. Filing that info away for later use. lol

I just checked. My one cousin's kids are out two weeks after we are. I'm not sure he'd be willing (or his XW would allow him) to take them out of school when we go. They are all under 10 though so I could be wrong. I've texted him to put the bug in his ear. lol He's kind of easily presuaded. I don't know what school his sister's kid(s) go to/will go to (she has one starting K in the fall) so I texted her and am awaiting a response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter