Our Best DISNEY Vacation Yet!!! Featuring BCV and BC CL

Hi! I've just found your report and I'm reading all about your family's trip! My family is planning a trip for Jan/Feb. I have a 5 and 10 yr old. Would they like BC? I'm torn b/w the Epcot resorts v. the Monorail resorts. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. I think the kids would like the resort. They have activities like marshmallow roasting, movies on the beach, an arcade, and Beaches n Cream for ice cream. You are also in walking distance to the BW and they have entertainment for all ages over there.

I really love the BC because of its location being so close to two parks. The pool is really amazing but the time you are planning to go can be cold and you may not be able to swim. I have not stayed on the monorail resort loop but we did stay at WL and loved being able to take the boat to MK.

I don't know if I am helping or not but I guess I would probably go with the monorail resort and save the BC for when you can enjoy the pool.

Our room was 5664, it had 2 queen beds and a daybed. However both 5662 and 5664 only have the Juliette balcony, so you may not want these rooms if the balcony is important to you. Here is the view from our rooms
null_zpsac8e0bc7.jpg

null_zps202b7dc0.jpg

null_zpsdb637db1.jpg

null_zps1d2ee522.jpg

null_zps374cb916.jpg

Here are our rooms from the outside. They are dead center of the resort. Room 5662 is on the left and room 5664 is on the right
null_zps8aba0480.jpg

null_zps20889608.jpg

null_zps901e69d3.jpg

Disney prides itself in having good customer service and I can say that all of the CM'S we dealt with on this trip were great at their jobs. We were always greeted warmly by staff members and they all seemed to make our stay more pleasurable.
We also had some problems and they worked hard to resolve any issue going over and beyond what I considered necessary.

During our stay at the Villas, Disney inflated our tires on the stroller. We think they must have over inflated one of them because the tire blew up!!!! It even bent the rim of the tire. We showed the stroller to Neil a great CM, and asked him if he thought that they could get us a new tube so we could repair it. He insisted that they would buy us 2 new umbrella strollers since Disney had worked on it and something went wrong. We told him that wasn't necessary but he insisted again and took me down to the Marketplace and purchased 2 new strollers at a cost of $117. These strollers were not just to use for our stay but they were ours to keep! WOW

Neil was very good to us the whole time. Any request we made he took care of it. My DBIL requested Michelob Ultra beer and he got him a twelve pack. Neil also made us "blinged" up anniversary buttons and a happy birthday button for my DH.

We liked the BC so much that when we were supposed to leave, we asked if we could stay another day. They took care of everything, fixing our ME, cancelling our ressies at POP, and we were even able to keep the same rooms. They also gave us the same discounted pin rate that we had originally. The only problem was there was a mix up on the fact that everyone was staying, they thought part of our party was leaving and they weren't. So they started moving my DBIL and DSIL from our room to my DD's room and canceling them off of the ressie. It became a huge mess and our a lot of our last day was spent getting everything straightened out. It was so bad that when my DH and I took the boys to Epcot, my grandson couldn't get in, his band wasn't working. We went back to BC and told them about the problem. Lauren from hypercare had to come up and fix the issue. She told us we were good, to go to Epcot and have our lunch and she would fix everything else. So we did.

When we came back, Alison another terrific CM had balloons and a Mickey and a Pluto plush animals for our grandsons. She also gave us a $200 credit on our room. We didn't ask for any of this, they were just so awesome to us. They knew that we had so many issues with our bands during the trip and she felt bad that we had to spend so much time in the lounge on our last full day. She also printed us an itinerary with our remaining FP's on it. I am glad she did because when we went to MK for the Wishes FP some of our bands were not working again so I had to use the itinerary in order to get access to the special viewing area. Thank goodness I brought it.

These are the gifts from Alison
null_zps51100fbb.jpg

There are so many wonderful CMs, we met so many last trip who went out of their way to help us while we were over there, and even had a few CMs remember us and a while later kept saying 'you're still here you must be loving it' - we had stayed for 3 weeks.

Thanks so much for sharing all these photos, your grandsons are both so adorable, glad to see they enjoyed their Mickey and Pluto plushies!!

Im going to go searching now for your dining review :)

Shannon

There are so many wonderful CMs, we met so many last trip who went out of their way to help us while we were over there, and even had a few CMs remember us and a while later kept saying 'you're still here you must be loving it' - we had stayed for 3 weeks.

Thanks so much for sharing all these photos, your grandsons are both so adorable, glad to see they enjoyed their Mickey and Pluto plushies!!

Im going to go searching now for your dining review :)

Shannon

WOW, three weeks, I would be in heaven!!!! Hope you enjoy looking at the dining pics!

I'm in!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I quickly scrolled thru your pictures- they are awesome! I'll come back and read and catch-up later this weekend.

Dee

I'm in!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I quickly scrolled thru your pictures- they are awesome! I'll come back and read and catch-up later this weekend. Dee
Great review. Thanks so much for posting!!

We really liked being able to use the CL lounge, it was so convenient. A quick breakfast in the morning. Snacks in the afternoon and appetizers in the evening. We spent most of our time at the resort so we were really able to take advantage of all of the offerings. We never found the lounge to be very busy. Even when there were other people besides us in the lounge, there were still tables available. I think this may have something to do with it being September. I have a lot of food pictures posted in my dining report so I will just post some pics of the lounge. Of course the lounge will change next year.

null_zpsde0dbaf1.jpg

null_zpsee5a3645.jpg

null_zpse7523e60.jpg

null_zps15cab65d.jpg

null_zps7e7e3e8b.jpg

null_zpsf9be456c.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, Neil made us blinged up anniversary and birthday buttons. I thought they were terrific.
null_zps69088217.jpg

Even though I had done laundry at the Villa, I still ended up needing to do laundry again. This time I didn't have the washer and dryer in my room though so I had to search out the laundry facilities. I found the inside laundry room but the dryers were out of order. There was a sign posted saying to use the BC quiet pool dryers. Uh, I'm not going to lug wet laundry to the dryers so off I went to the quiet pool. I did the laundry and I didn't see any out of order signs. I took some pictures of the quiet pool. No matter where we seemed to be on this trip it never seemed crowded. We felt like we had this awesome resort to ourselves.
null_zps4b05a046.jpg

null_zpsa727e509.jpg

And at night, this picture shows the laundry room.
null_zps0155cfb7.jpg

I didn't realize until almost the end of our trip that there are bathrooms on the other side of the laundry room facing the boardwalk. All you need is a key card to get access. If you find yourself in an emergency, you might want to keep this in mind.

Some random pictures of the beautiful BC resort area featuring the Fifield and Buskey clans.
null_zps4ec616c7.jpg

null_zps0128342c.jpg

null_zpsaf41a531.jpg

null_zps25ad0585.jpg

null_zps93988191.jpg

null_zps69043ef2.jpg

null_zpsdb637db1.jpg

null_zpsac8e0bc7.jpg

null_zps202b7dc0.jpg

null_zpsfb91c05f.jpg

null_zps8a9c9d8c.jpg

null_zpse3fd4fc5.jpg

null_zpse453aa6a.jpg

null_zps83f95bc2.jpg

null_zps169c69ff.jpg

The solarium, it came to be known by us as the COLD room. It was always freezing in there.
null_zps7490b364.jpg

null_zpsd66c72f3.jpg

null_zpsa031d209.jpg

null_zpsf8bb2737.jpg

null_zps8b39e599.jpg

null_zps3ce5b169.jpg

null_zps8810cd74.jpg

null_zps9a4ec501.jpg

null_zps1fc0b2d0.jpg

null_zpsd6d1b223.jpg

Here is the gang at our villa - minus me of course since I am taking the pic:)

Love this picture! What a great idea.

Room 5662 was my DD's room. It has a queen bed, a daybed, and a chair that turns into a bed. It also had a dividing curtain to separate the two areas. We also requested a real crib and got one. This room seemed so big with only one bed in it.

null_zpsb3d75cd3.jpg

null_zps4550ae97.jpg

null_zps6d50175e.jpg

null_zpsf28ee710.jpg

null_zps3633f01e.jpg

Thanks for the very detailed room pictures. I haven't seen this configuration before.

Love all of the views you showed from your BCV room and your BC rooms. So did you have a Space Ship Earth view at both places?

Yay! You had the Sunken Treasure!

Nice pictures of the kiddie slide and pool area. My kids were already too big for these when we started staying at the Beach Club.

I agree with you, Neil is awesome!

I'm glad you didn't encounter much for crowds during your trip. I always thought this would be the best time to be at the World crowd and weatherwise.

That is a fantastic view at Flame Tree.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

I'll also check out your dining report when I have the chance.

Well I guess this will be the end of my trip report.

We really enjoyed ourselves on this vacation and were sad to see it end.

The weather was great, just a few showers, no major storms.

We ate at a lot of really great restaurants and had excellent service at all of them. Our favorite meal once again was 'Ohana but I think my DD would say Coral Reef because she really likes the mahi mahi dish! It took 6 adults but we conquered the Kitchen Sink! I finally got to eat at Flame Tree BBQ and I loved it. It is now a must do for me.

One of my favorite meal memories is when my grandson Parker decided to eat lemons at the Plaza.
null_zps78fe226e.jpg

null_zps2154fff6.jpg

We enjoyed our time at the parks but did not really spend too much time there. However we did visit all the parks and had a great time doing so. We mainly rode the headliners and did a few shows that we like and then headed back to the resort.
We had scheduled FP's which helped us get in and out of the parks quickly. It was awesome to be within walking distance of two parks.

We have been to Disney so many times that we wanted to spend most of our time at the resort. We chose BCV and BC specifically for this reason and we spent the majority of our time enjoying this special place. It was awesome. We got to meet Teena, for those of you not familiar with the Yacht and Beach thread, she is an awesome CM who is a greeter at the BC. She rescued my grandsons balloon from the lobby ceiling and gave my grandsons stickers. Brady loved them.
null_zpsed3ff95c.jpg

null_zps6658d1ca.jpg

We stayed CL and had terrific CM's. They were always willing to go above and beyond for any guest. A big thank you to Lauren, Allison, Hyacinth, and Neil. We felt the access to the lounge enhanced our stay. Since we were almost always at the resort it was so nice to be able to go and get what we wanted just down the hall. We thought most of the offerings were very good and plentiful.

The pool area was also a big hit for us. We enjoyed SAB very much but we also swam in the quiet pools. My grandson Brady particularly liked the slide in the kiddie pool.

We had FP's for Illuminations and Wishes. It was great not to have to stake out a place an hour in advance. We thought the views at both were amazing.

There was a lot of things I liked about this trip but my favorite thing was being able to enjoy it with my family.

null_zps77b23f3d.jpg

null_zpsf69adb62.jpg

null_zpse47b6294.jpg

null_zpsca629d0b.jpg

null_zpsa3c38c9b.jpg

null_zpsfde318c1.jpg

null_zps47960b8a.jpg

Thank you everyone for reading my report, I hope you enjoyed it!

Your grandsons are adorable!! So glad you enjoyed your trip and thank you for posting. It was great to follow along with your magical vacation!!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Awesome review!!!!! Loved all the pics! We are staying there for 2 nights as a surprise in Oct. We are then moving to OKWV and BWV! The plan is to enjoy the resort :goodvibes

:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter