Our Adventure Book: Planning Our Up Wedding Jan 2015; UPDATE 8/23!!!!!!

I love all the cards (including your STD's)! They look amazing!

Already excited to see what you could get done this week!

And by the way: this IKEA-syndrome is international - it's the same when I go here (especially for frames).

Thanks!

I am waiting to get my cricut sweethearts cartridge. I ordered it off of Amazon and it should be here today!!!! More than likely this morning we will be making the tutus.

I actually did pretty well at Ikea this time! I only spent $30, which is the cheapest that I have ever come out there! I will post some of the things I got in my next update!

Your Save the Dates are adorable!!

The cards you made with the cricut are so cute :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see some of the things you make for the wedding with it!

OMG! How could I possibly forget chocolate bars???? I completely forgot! I'm such a bad fan of the movie! Lol. Just kidding! I'm thinking of getting a cricut to help me make some things, but I'm on the fence. Soooo expensive!

Hey! I just started following along, I mean how could I not? Your story is amazing! I'm loving your plans so far. My friend had the same colors for her wedding (also in winter!) and I think it really surprised people with how gorgeous the combination actually was.

I vote for you getting the cricut. I LOVE cricutting. I use my mom's more than she does. I have used it to decorate autograph books for Disney trips, to make planning folders and trip folders, I've made invitations, scrapbooks, etc. If you use it for the wedding it will be well worth it! You'll be addicted and want to cricut EVERYTHING!

Your Save the Dates are adorable!!

The cards you made with the cricut are so cute :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see some of the things you make for the wedding with it!

Aww thanks! I loved making them! I actually just made another one for an engagement party, and I took plenty of pix, which I will be sure to post in my next update!

Also, I have already started on my invitations, and they are shaping up to be awesome! I can't wait to show you guys the progress in my next update!

Hey! I just started following along, I mean how could I not? Your story is amazing! I'm loving your plans so far. My friend had the same colors for her wedding (also in winter!) and I think it really surprised people with how gorgeous the combination actually was.

I vote for you getting the cricut. I LOVE cricutting. I use my mom's more than she does. I have used it to decorate autograph books for Disney trips, to make planning folders and trip folders, I've made invitations, scrapbooks, etc. If you use it for the wedding it will be well worth it! You'll be addicted and want to cricut EVERYTHING!

Thanks for following along! I am glad to hear that someone else has done that color combo in winter! Everyone else thinks I am crazy! I mean, I kinda am, but ya know.

I got a cricut about a month ago and I love it! I use it to make all of my cards for special occasions now! I just need a birthday cartridge! I think my cousin is going to have me do some things for her son's first birthday in December. Can't wait!

Hey everyone! I hope yall stuck around! I have been extremely busy this month! Caitlyn came and visited for a week, and we got a lot accomplished! We went to ikea and got a couple of things for my house/new desk, and of course, the wedding!

I got new candy bar jars! The little one in the middle is part of a set of 4 spice jars. They were too cute to pass up at $2!!!!

While she was in town, we also made one of the tutus, so we could try it on my little cousin before making the other one. I have to say, it turned out amazing! And, Akalah loves it! I am still unsure of what to pair it with, it was originally just going to be a cami and some shorts underneath (the girls both like to play, and I want them to be able to), but I forgot it is going to be winter, so any suggestions would be helpful! We are thinking about doing leggings for them, probably one hot pink and one lime green!

Then, we also went bridesmaid dress shopping! We ultimately decided to change the color of the dress to black, which I love so much. And this is the dress the girls all agreed on:

Then, on Sunday, we went to a bridal show. I was excited for this, and I am really glad I went. Chase's mom, my cousin(moh), my bff(moh), and Chase went, along with Chase's cousin and his fiance and their moms. It was so much fun. And, we found out that Lowe's foods makes wedding cakes!

Chase and I went to another Dash baseball game - we love having season tickets! This particular game was pink out night, where they honor breast cancer survivors. Last year, my mom got to go out onto the field with the rest of the survivors. Here is her pic with one of the players last year and then a pic of Chase and I this year. And yes, I totally spaced and forgot to wear pink. At least I have my pink hat!

Last week, I started school again. I am only taking 2 classes this semester. I am going to be spread thin this semester and I took 2 challenging classes, plus I just got a job as a pharmacy tech at a local cvs, and then I am also planning our wedding! So I am busy, busy, busy. Oh, my nieces also requested that I take a back to school selfie:

So anyway, that's pretty much the big stuff. I did make some headway on our invitations. Here is one so far, I still need an inspiration for the balloon ribbon:

And, I also made a card for an engagement party:

And finally, the biggest thing that happened lately, is that Chase lost my ring. I play softball, and when I do, Chase wears my ring. Somehow, it came off of his finger Thursday. Luckily, one of my teammates turned it in after we left (we didn't realize it til we were halfway home) and it was safely back on my finger last night. Scary, I know, but we both said it is just a possession. I tried not to freak out, but I did a little bit. And, I had to post this on facebook, thanking everyone involved for finding it and getting it back to me.

Thanks for reading! I hope I didn't bore any of you!

Great update! The tutu and the cards look so amazing! I think black is great bridesmaid's color since your decor is going to be so colorful.

It's really touching how you honor you mom - she must be very proud to have such a wonderful daughter.

The ring story really made my heart skip a beat - I guess, although we all know it's not the ring it's about, losing it seems like really bad luck… good thing you have such teammates!

Great update! The tutu and the cards look so amazing! I think black is great bridesmaid's color since your decor is going to be so colorful.

It's really touching how you honor you mom - she must be very proud to have such a wonderful daughter.

The ring story really made my heart skip a beat - I guess, although we all know it's not the ring it's about, losing it seems like really bad luck… good thing you have such teammates!

Thanks! I wanted to try to include everything that has been going on, and I didn't realize how busy I have been! LOL. And I agree! I love the black. More than likely, my great aunt is going to make shawls (sp) to go with the dresses. The girls are very happy they don't have to wear hot pink dresses lol.

We are trying to include my mom in every way possible in the ceremony, I already have plans on how my niece (junior bridesmaid) will be carrying her photo and lighting a candle in her honor. And my cousin is conjuring something up as well. She won't tell me, but I am sure it will be an awesome surprise. My mom and I were extremely close, which is why I wanted to get married at her bedside before she passed.

I was honestly freaking out over my ring. My mom helped Chase plan the entire engagement and she was the first person to see the ring besides Chase, and Chase picked it out all by himself. So yes, it is just a possession, but it means so much to me! I am so glad I have it back on my finger!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter