Our Adventure Book: Planning Our Up Wedding Jan 2015; UPDATE 8/23!!!!!!

I love the balloons covered in tulle! I'd never seen that before...

I think the idea of having balloons up near the ceiling with streamers or ribbons (but not too long) will be lovely and fun...Your venue looks awesome...those floors make me want to DANCE!

Maybe you could hang your lanterns in the trees? Or get some of those shepherd's hook plant hangers and hang your lanterns from those?

Brooke

I am a huge fan of the balloons covered in tulle. I just have to figure out where I want to put them!

I hope a lot of people dance! Most of my family doesn't dance, so my fingers are crossed that they will get out there and shake a leg!

Unfortunately, there aren't really any trees close to the ceremony area, so the shepherd's hook plant hangers is probably the way to go! And thanks for telling me the name of them! I couldn't remember for the life of me!

Hi there!! I love your PJ and I love your story - I'm so glad you have someone like your DH in your life. It's so exciting to see more at-home Disney weddings on the boards!

I love your color scheme and your venue look fantastic. Can't wait to hear more!!

Hi there!! I love your PJ and I love your story - I'm so glad you have someone like your DH in your life. It's so exciting to see more at-home Disney weddings on the boards! I love your color scheme and your venue look fantastic. Can't wait to hear more!!

Thanks! My dream was a disney wedding but we really want our family that wasn't able to see us get married originally to be there. And because of monetary reasons for some family members, we chose to have it at home. So, we chose the next best thing: bring Disney to North Carolina!

Thanks for joining in! I'm trying to post things as soon as they happen, but I'm also in college and have to keep up with my studies!

At my DSis's stepdaughter's wedding, we had a candy bar. Bowls of m&m's, gummi bears, kisses, small candy bars, jelly beans, mike and ikes, tootsie rolls, etc. We also had a chocolate fountain for the kids to dip marshmallows in. Let's just say, we had lots of candy.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

At my DSis's stepdaughter's wedding, we had a candy bar. Bowls of m&m's, gummi bears, kisses, small candy bars, jelly beans, mike and ikes, tootsie rolls, etc. We also had a chocolate fountain for the kids to dip marshmallows in. Let's just say, we had lots of candy. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

That sounds awesome! My DH wants to mix m&ms and skittles as a joke. I kindly said no way! I will definitely write down the candies y'all used!

Thanks!

A candy bar and balloons!!! Great start so far! The lampions will be so beautiful in winter with the lake and everything…

For the candy bar I'd say you definitely need chocolate bars - otherwise Kevin wouldn't show up ;-)

A candy bar and balloons!!! Great start so far! The lampions will be so beautiful in winter with the lake and everything… For the candy bar I'd say you definitely need chocolate bars - otherwise Kevin wouldn't show up ;-)

OMG! How could I possibly forget chocolate bars???? I completely forgot! I'm such a bad fan of the movie! Lol. Just kidding! I'm thinking of getting a cricut to help me make some things, but I'm on the fence. Soooo expensive!

OMG! How could I possibly forget chocolate bars???? I completely forgot! I'm such a bad fan of the movie! Lol. Just kidding! I'm thinking of getting a cricut to help me make some things, but I'm on the fence. Soooo expensive!

Shame on you! ;-)

It's such a curse with DIY - first you want to do everything yourself and then when you look up everything you need you get the feeling you should rob a bank just to make DIY!

Your wedding is going to be so beautiful! I love all your DIY ideas especially your adventure book. I wish I could find the time to be as crafty as you!

Shame on you! ;-)

It's such a curse with DIY - first you want to do everything yourself and then when you look up everything you need you get the feeling you should rob a bank just to make DIY!

Oh my goodness I know! And, to make matters worse, I found a great deal on a cricut and purchased it online and then a day later my order was cancelled! They still haven't put the money back in my account!

Your wedding is going to be so beautiful! I love all your DIY ideas especially your adventure book. I wish I could find the time to be as crafty as you!

Aww! I hope you're right! I'm stressing about it a lot lately! And trust me, I'm nowhere near as good as the people on the creativity board!

So I have been MIA over the past week or so. I am so sorry! But, I have gotten a lot done. (At least I think I have!)

So, on the 4th of July, my DH had to work, so I spent the day with my family. We went to the local parade, which is mainly just a moving car show. LOL.

Then we went shopping. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but hey, I made it fun. My little cousin and I walked around randomly in Kohl's while we were waiting for my aunt and my cousin-in-law. We may or may not have had a little too much fun.

After that, we had lunch and then went swimming. By that time, my DH had gotten off work and met us. I forgot his swimsuit, so he hung out on the side of the pool. He is big into cycling, and my little cousin had just got a new bike, so we all went riding for a little while. After that, my DH and I went to a local baseball game. I really liked how they did their logo for the 4th.

I also got this autographed ball from the new Wake Forest basketball coach.

They had fireworks that night, and DH and I wanted to miss the traffic, so we went to his truck in the 9th (it was obvious that our team was going to lose) and watched the fireworks from his tailgate. It was all his idea and extremely romantic. :flower3:

The next day we decided to go find yard sales. And we are so glad we did! I found a Cars car that makes noise and it awesome! I paid $3 for it and I am going to give it to my little cousin. Then, we hit the motherload! We found mason jars for our wedding! We got 21 mason jars for $10. And, they were all used for canning by this sweet elderly lady! I was so excited!

After the yard sales, we went to Hobby Lobby. At this point, I was looking for a cricut. They were super expensive here, but they did have tulle on sale! I got 3 rolls of lime green and 3 rolls of hot pink. I am planning on making the tutus for the flower girls soon!

I also found some awesome flowers, but they were on the expensive side. but, they would be perfect for my bouquet! I'm going to keep checking to see if they put flowers on sale. I kinda don't like to buy anything unless it is on sale or I have a coupon.

School has been kicking my butt this week, which is why I haven't been able to update about our awesome finds, but my studying paid off. I had a big presentation in English today and received a 94 on that, and a 97 in the class. 1 class down, 2 to go! For this semester anyway. Haha.

Anyway, I was looking through my phone Tuesday while I was getting my hair done and found these 2 pictures...

This is my DH with my 3 little cousins. They LOVE him. I posted this on Instagram and Facebook when I found it. I included the comment "I cannot wait to have kids with this man. He is going to be an amazing father." True statement.

This is my DH and our cat, Callie. I believe she likes him more than me. There were like 7 pix of him and Callie on my phone. Silly man.

So, that's pretty much it. I got my hair done Tuesday and we were supposed to have our save the date pictures made tonight, but that was postponed due to rain. We rescheduled for Saturday. I'm kind of bummed, because I like how my hairdresser styled my hair, but I am not sure I can do it the same. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I will post those pix as soon as I get them, if yall wanna see them! Also, if you would like to follow me on Instagram, my name is FrozenOne16. That's also my Minecraft name. Thank my husband. We had just seen Frozen and I needed a screen name. That's what he came up with. And I LOVE it!

Anyways, until next time! I hope yall have a great weekend!

What a bummer with the cricut…
But your 4th of July seems great! And yay for the bargains!
The pics of your DF are lovely (man who are good with cats are the best ;-)).
Of course we want to see the pictures (and be sure to keep us posted on your DIY)!

Also congrats for your class!!!!

What a bummer with the cricut…
But your 4th of July seems great! And yay for the bargains!
The pics of your DF are lovely (man who are good with cats are the best ;-)).
Of course we want to see the pictures (and be sure to keep us posted on your DIY)!

Also congrats for your class!!!!

I actually have semi-good news on the cricut. The actual cricut website has the exact one I want for only about $10 more than Michaels. So, as soon as Michaels decides to refund me my money, I will probably be purchasing it from there!

We did have an awesome 4th of July. Well, I did, Chase had to work but he said he had enjoyed the rest of the day. It's funny, after I posted the update last night, he asked about this site. He had been reading along periodically while I was typing (in between pauses in his video gaming) and asking what certain things meant. Like, who was DH? I was just like, That's you. LOL.

I will make sure that I post the pix as soon as I get them:)

And thanks!

So, I haven't updated in a few days. But it's cool, because we have been doing a lot to get ready for the wedding.

For starters, I went ahead and bought my cricut last Friday. I spent literally 3 hours researching which one to buy. This includes calling all of the retail craft stores in my area to see if they would honor their online prices. Nope. No go. So, I decided to just order the cricut expression 2 from Amazon, because I have free 2 day shipping since I am a student.
Well, it got here yesterday and we plug in the power cord, and it doesn't work! So, I spent an hour on hold with cricut trying to get that fixed. Turns out, this is a common issue and they have invested in new power cords. Long story short, I have a brand new power cord on the way. Sounds great, right? Nope. It won't be here for at least a week. UGH. So much for 2 day shipping!
Oh, and the lady I spoke with was really nice but at the end of the phone call she asked if there was anything she could help me with. I laughed and said nope, I can't do anything without power! She laughed at that. So I felt a little better :lmao:
Also, I was upset because I went to JoAnn's Fabric Store and purchase 2 cartridges, a Disney one (half off!) and a discontinued one.

So anyway, that's the cricut story. LOL.

Now for the wedding stuff! We did our pictures Saturday!!!!! It was fun, but definitely EXTREMELY hot and humid, which can be seen in some pictures. So, how about some pictures? (Oh, our photographer is a family friend and took a TON of pictures. She sent me 90 so far, but said there's 200 more that she wants to edit. So, these are just a few!)

Minecraft anyone?

Our Adventure Book!

My favorite

And of course, we wanted to include my mom in any way possible. The picture we used is of our January trip, right after Chase proposed to me. My mom had a big part in helping him plan this, so she was really excited that it all worked out well.

We got the balloons from Party City, and they have their cups on sale B1G1 free, so we decided to buy 2 packs, lime green and hot pink, of course. We have decided to just buy 100, and take extra clear ones just in case - more for the wedding party before hand. We will have sharpies on hand. Keep your cup people! We are doing this wedding on a budget!

That's pretty much all for now. I only had 2 classes this week, but had 2 tests that I had to take, 1 in class and then 1 for another class that we have to take outside of class. I've got my fingers crossed that I did well on both!

Tomorrow I may be making the tutus for the flower girls. And, hopefully this weekend Chase and I will be making the mailbox from Up. It will be our card box:)

Your save the date pictures are adorable! I love that you included your mom in the shoot as well.

Good luck with the tutus!

Your save the date pictures are adorable! I love that you included your mom in the shoot as well.

Good luck with the tutus!

Thanks! I am going to post some more soon, along with another update. Our photographer keeps sending new ones that we forgot she took!

And I STILL haven't made the tutus yet! I need to, so I can make sure they will fit the girls! After Monday, I will have a lot more free time because school is out. So, yay!

I'm back!!!!!

Haha, so sorry I haven't been on in a while! We have been super busy with birthday parties and other things. I had finals - and I passed precalculus with a B and I was so excited about that!

Chase and I have a mini game season ticket package with our local baseball team, and we went to a game recently. So, of course, we had to take a selfie.

We also go to a local race track, called Bowman Gray. It's affiliated with Nascar, and I have been going since I was little. Luckily, Chase loves cars, so he fits right in! On one of our nights there, it rained and eventually got rained out, but not before we watched Monster trucks and demolition derby in the rain (it was night of destruction)! So, naturally, and umbrella selfie!

Also, I mentioned that we had birthday parties to attend. Last week we went to my little cousin's birthday party. She turned 8 and is going to the beach soon, so I got a little creative with her birthday present.

Also, I made her card with my cricut!

And, yesterday, we went to Chase's niece's and brother's birthday party. His niece turned 1 and I made her card as well. I was pretty proud of this one:)

Now, how about some wedding updates? We have been going to yard sales almost every Saturday for the past few weeks, and have found quite a lot of different jars for our candy bar! Here are just a few:

And, finally, we got our save the dates!!!!

My maid of honor is on her way into town now. She is staying with me for a week. We plan on knocking out the wedding invitations, Tutus (yea, I still haven't done them!), our Disney fund up-inspired wishing well, and a few other things. We are also going to a wedding show next Sunday! I am super excited for that, as we still need to find a cake decorator! Oh, and how could I forget? Friday we are going to look at Bridesmaids dresses!!!!!! Yay! I am so excited for this week. So much wedding stuff will be getting completed!

And, of course, I will try to keep everyone updated, but it might be after Caitlyn leaves because our schedule will be hectic! We are also going to ikea tomorrow. Just to walk around, but ya know, it's ikea. I'm sure I will find something that I HAVE to have. Because I am ADDICTED to ikea. Luckily it's an hour away from me! But, I will also be going to the Disney store! Yay!

I love all the cards (including your STD's)! They look amazing!

Already excited to see what you could get done this week!

And by the way: this IKEA-syndrome is international - it's the same when I go here (especially for frames).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter