Our 21 Royal Adventure - The evening is over and TR all wrapped up 8/10, Plus a link to the new TR!

Where did you get your adorable swim suit?

I swear I just teared up a little reading about how you found the dress and the gift cards :love: :hug: What a dashing and gorgeous group you all are!

Aw that's so sweet about you tearing up! :flower3: Thanks for the compliments!

Someday I will learn where the camera is on Space Mountain….but that day hadntvhappened yet. 😂😂
Next time I will jab you with my elbow just before we get there! :laughing:
The dress was truly a sign from Fran and you looked gorgeous in it!
Thank you. :blush:
We were all so fancy! It’s hard to walk by that 21 Royal sign and not be able to go upstairs!
I know! Right? :confused3
Cant wait to relive the evening!
I'm loving going back over the pictures and videos!

I did miss that! Not sure how. I promise I read the whole thing. Heck, I commented on enough of it!
:laughing:
Finally! Glad you did it as soon as you had the chance. :)
I didn't want to miss out.
I'll get there some day and try this. :)
I'll make sure you do when you get there.
It's all that relaxing soaking.

;)
::yes::
Another I've yet to do. Hopefully that overlay will be on next (?) time I visit.
I wish that would just be the standard. Way better than the other.
Free dress! That's the best kind. :)
:thumbsup2
Well, you can't have everything.
:lmao:
I'm sure it was. ::yes::
Everyone agreed as well.
You all look fantastic. :)
The dress looks great!
Thank you.
Great shot of everyone.
We got a lot of good ones!
Can't wait! popcorn::
Today or tomorrow.....

I am an on and off lurker and poster and want to also extend my condolences.
Thank you, and :welcome:
You and Fran certainly had some lovely adventures together. ‘I agree that she was obviously behind the gift cards and dress appearing. You look lovely in the pictures.
It was the general consensus she was looking over me.
I can’t wait to read more, it is fun to live vicariously through these kind of stories.
Plenty more to come!

We had just been picked up at the Grand Californian, shuttled backstage, and emerged from the Train Station in New Orleans Square. We had taken a picture on the staircase, and to quote the infamous Mary Poppins, Here we go!

x23DL0511R12.jpg

x23DL0511R12b.jpg

x23DL0511R12a.jpg

I can’t believe how long my hair has grown, I’ve been growing it for almost 40 years!

x23DL0511R13.jpg

Upon arrival we all assembled in the sitting room. Our host described to us what we could expect and set some ground rules. I think they included that we were not allowed to shower in the bathrooms and some other somewhat ridiculous things, but evidently people have tried to do them, so they have to tell us not to.

x23DL0511R19a.jpg

Jenny reminded him that he told her she was the first person to take a selfie in the bathtub, and you will see a follow up of that later in the report. But for now we just accepted a champagne toast to start the evening. They were so considerate. We had someone in our party and they had a non alcoholic cider for him. They had also paired mocktails for him during the dinner while the rest of us drank wine or spirits.

x23DL0511R14.jpg

x23DL0511R15.jpg

x23DL0511R16.jpg

x23DL0511R18.jpg

As soon as we finished that toast Michael raised his glass and made a very nice tribute to Fran, and we all toasted to her memory.

And then we took another group picture for the evening.

x23DL0511R17.jpg

As soon as we finished our pictures this clock chimed and magic ensued. I captured a video of one of the effects that happened. You’ll see that later.

x23DL0511R20.jpg

At this point, folks began to come around with all kinds of tasty tidbits. I believe this was a Berry Gazpacho. I ended up having several of these.

x23DL0511R21a.jpg

x23DL0511R22.jpg

I believe this was some kind of Ahi Tuna cone, super tasty! I loved this too!

x23DL0511R23.jpg

x23DL0511R24.jpg

Once we finished our champagne welcome drink, there was a bartender who was making whatever cocktails we desired, but there were two signature cocktails that they were serving. The Lily Belle (which was gin based) and I don’t remember the name of the other, but it was Whiskey based. I’m not a fan so I didn’t try that one. I think it was very similar to a Manhattan.

x23DL0511R25.jpg

x23DL0511R26.jpg

I had at least one of the Lily Belles!

x23DL0511R26.jpg

This is Dorian’s

x23DL0511R26a.jpg

This is the courtyard where the bar was located. Everyone was so interested in checking out the various rooms that hardly anyone was here!

x23DL0511R27_qJgxyxhsTj8yrQJupmBpCk.jpg

x23DL0511R28.jpg

Su-Lynn and I took a picture together.

x23DL0511R29.jpg

And pretty soon we had a group picture, adding ladies one by one…..

x23DL0511R30.jpg

We were all running around and exploring the different rooms. Su-Lynn caught me recording some video for you!

x23DL0511R31.jpg

There is a little button on the wall which has the words “Goodnight Kiss” next to it, and when you press that, this is what happens.

Here are some still shots of the room.

x23DL0511R32.jpg

x23DL0511R33.jpg

x23DL0511R34.jpg

x23DL0511R35.jpg

See the next post for the shots of the bathroom and dressing room.

Now the twinkly lights that you see over the tub were part of the Goodnight Kiss in this room, I had to wait for the Mickey to show up, it’s not always there.

x23DL0511R36.jpg

x23DL0511R37.jpg

x23DL0511R38.jpg

Here’s the shower that we were warned against taking for a test drive.

x23DL0511R39.jpg

This dressing room off the Master Bath was designed with Lillian Disney in mind.

x23DL0511R40.jpg

x23DL0511R41.jpeg

x23DL0511R42.jpeg

x23DL0511R41.jpg

I think I will leave off here for now and pick it up later.

But before Jill even woke up I took advantage of that lovely tub! We wanted a stress free day and I couldn't think of a better way to start a stress free day than with a soak in the tub!
Such a perfect way to start the day!
so the first place we headed was Webslingers
So I can't beat D on Toy Story, but I can actually beat him on Webslingers! I think he gets too caught up on enjoying all the Spiderman awesomeness, being a big Spidey fan
Then we went on the Guardians.

x23DL0511R02.jpg
You know me, I want to know what song you got if you remember... 🎶
Clearly all this activity was barely keeping me awake.

x23DL0511R04.jpg
I've never figured out why you find this ride so uninspiring that you fall asleep 😴
It's like you knew that lady was wearing a ☮️ shirt!

On the way back to the Grand Californian we stopped into the Disney Dress Shop. Who should we run into but Allyson and Dorian! And right there on the racks was my dress! And they had it in MY SIZE!!!!!
That was seriously the most epically amazing moment...there may or may not have been misty eyes in the room...
We all agreed that Fran made that miracle happen. All sorts of things had been happening to me that were strangely coincidental, since Fran had passed.
She's there, always and she's happy.
those loungers are so comfy ☺️
Then it was off to the lobby where we met up with our host.
He was so so nice!

D looks like our security guard here 😆
Someday I will learn where the camera is on Space Mountain….but that day hadntvhappened yet. 😂😂
I did laugh out loud @jedijill 😅
Cant wait to relive the evening!
🙈🤷‍♀️👌:rolleyes1

I wonder how many guests were staring at you all wondering who you were?
I can’t believe how long my hair has grown, I’ve been growing it for almost 40 years!
I noticed that before I read your mention. :)
I think they included that we were not allowed to shower in the bathrooms and some other somewhat ridiculous things, but evidently people have tried to do them, so they have to tell us not to.
:sad2:
You can put the people in the classy, but you can't make the people classy.
Jenny reminded him that he told her she was the first person to take a selfie in the bathtub, and you will see a follow up of that later in the report.
popcorn::
They had also paired mocktails for him during the dinner while the rest of us drank wine or spirits.
Nice. Like that touch. :)
As soon as we finished that toast Michael raised his glass and made a very nice tribute to Fran, and we all toasted to her memory.
Very nice.
You all clean up so nice. :)
I believe this was a Berry Gazpacho.
mmm... that sounds good.
Also sounds good!
This is the courtyard where the bar was located.
Pretty spot.
Everyone was so interested in checking out the various rooms that hardly anyone was here!
How could you not??
Nice shot of you both. :)
:goodvibes
There is a little button on the wall which has the words “Goodnight Kiss” next to it, and when you press that, this is what happens.
That's so cool! Did you figure out how the lighting was done?
Here’s the shower that we were warned against taking for a test drive.
Okay... that might be kinda hard to not try. :laughing:
Pretty shot. :)

Such a fun night and great crew! The 21 Royal staff were amazing and those Lily Belle's were amazing and I hate gin. LOL The Dream Suite is gorgeous and really think we should be able to sleep there after the big meal!

Jill in CO

We had just been picked up at the Grand Californian, shuttled backstage, and emerged from the Train Station in New Orleans Square. We had taken a picture on the staircase, and to quote the infamous Mary Poppins, Here we go!

x23DL0511R12.jpg

x23DL0511R12b.jpg

x23DL0511R12a.jpg

x23DL0511R13.jpg

Upon arrival we all assembled in the sitting room. Our host described to us what we could expect and set some ground rules. I think they included that we were not allowed to shower in the bathrooms and some other somewhat ridiculous things, but evidently people have tried to do them, so they have to tell us not to.

x23DL0511R19a.jpg

Jenny reminded him that he told her she was the first person to take a selfie in the bathtub, and you will see a follow up of that later in the report. But for now we just accepted a champagne toast to start the evening. They were so considerate. We had someone in our party and they had a non alcoholic cider for him. They had also paired mocktails for him during the dinner while the rest of us drank wine or spirits.

x23DL0511R14.jpg

x23DL0511R15.jpg

x23DL0511R16.jpg

x23DL0511R18.jpg

x23DL0511R17.jpg

As soon as we finished our pictures this clock chimed and magic ensued. I captured a video of one of the effects that happened. You’ll see that later.

x23DL0511R20.jpg

At this point, folks began to come around with all kinds of tasty tidbits. I believe this was a Berry Gazpacho. I ended up having several of these.

x23DL0511R21a.jpg

x23DL0511R22.jpg

x23DL0511R23.jpg

x23DL0511R24.jpg

Once we finished our champagne welcome drink, there was a bartender who was making whatever cocktails we desired, but there were two signature cocktails that they were serving. The Lily Belle (which was gin based) and I don’t remember the name of the other, but it was Whiskey based. I’m not a fan so I didn’t try that one. I think it was very similar to a Manhattan.

x23DL0511R25.jpg

x23DL0511R26.jpg

I had at least one of the Lily Belles!

x23DL0511R26.jpg

This is Dorian’s

x23DL0511R26a.jpg

This is the courtyard where the bar was located. Everyone was so interested in checking out the various rooms that hardly anyone was here!

x23DL0511R27_qJgxyxhsTj8yrQJupmBpCk.jpg

x23DL0511R28.jpg

x23DL0511R29.jpg

x23DL0511R30.jpg

We were all running around and exploring the different rooms. Su-Lynn caught me recording some video for you!

x23DL0511R31.jpg

Here are some still shots of the room.

x23DL0511R32.jpg

x23DL0511R33.jpg

x23DL0511R34.jpg

x23DL0511R35.jpg

See the next post for the shots of the bathroom and dressing room.

That Kiss GoodNight was EPIC. I loved it. Thank you for the video

Such a perfect way to start the day!
So I can't beat D on Toy Story, but I can actually beat him on Webslingers! I think he gets too caught up on enjoying all the Spiderman awesomeness, being a big Spidey fan
That's pretty funny! I seem to suck at both!
You know me, I want to know what song you got if you remember... 🎶
I'm pretty sure it was the Jackson 5. I seem to keep getting that one.
I've never figured out why you find this ride so uninspiring that you fall asleep 😴
It's like you knew that lady was wearing a ☮️ shirt!
I had no idea!
That was seriously the most epically amazing moment...there may or may not have been misty eyes in the room...
I was so happy to have found it! I've already planned two more times to wear it in the next year and a half.
She's there, always and she's happy.
those loungers are so comfy ☺️
I don't think I'd know. Not sure I've ever relaxed in them.
He was so so nice!
He definitely was.
D looks like our security guard here 😆
He does! Like a member of the Secret Service!
I did laugh out loud @jedijill 😅

Next time I'm going to jab her just before we get there!

I wonder how many guests were staring at you all wondering who you were?
Based on the number of POTC guests who were looking at us, none.
I noticed that before I read your mention. :)
:sad2:
You can put the people in the classy, but you can't make the people classy.
Jill told me that the bartender told her that the week before we were there a party showed up with the women dressed up as slutty versions of the princesses. Why they thought that was appropriate I don't know but as you said....
Nice. Like that touch. :)
Yes, I asked and they were more than happy to oblige.
You all clean up so nice. :)
mmm... that sounds good.
Also sounds good!
Everything was good!
How could you not??
Exactly!
Nice shot of you both. :)
Thanks!
That's so cool! Did you figure out how the lighting was done?
I didn't care! It was just cool.
Okay... that might be kinda hard to not try. :laughing:
Pretty shot. :)

Based on the number of POTC guests who were looking at us, none.
Ok… wonder how many were surreptitiously staring at you.
Jill told me that the bartender told her that the week before we were there a party showed up with the women dressed up as slutty versions of the princesses. Why they thought that was appropriate I don't know but as you said....
Uh…. What??
Read the room (occasion). :sad2:
I didn't care! It was just cool.

Hello! Another long-time lurker coming out of hiding. I am trying to make it a point to comment on trip reports I am following so everyone knows how much their hard work and time invested is appreciated.

Thank you for documenting your fun adventures so we might travel along with you! I have followed along on quite a few of your trips on land and by sea, and have enjoyed them so much.

You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your wife. Like many others have said, we feel like we knew her through your reports and Fran looked like a special person. May your memories of your time together bring you comfort and peace. I am sure she will always be with you as you continue your adventures, and it sounds like you have some great ones in the works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter