OT: Restroom Vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeartolate said:
Having a wheelchair is not the only reason to use a handicap stall. So watch your perceptions that "ablebodied" people are using them. I had several surgeries to correct a tendon problem in my ankle. After a series of casts were removed, the work began. One of the TOUHGHEST things I had to do was to sit down on a low toilet to pee. Put me to tears. So the cast was gone, the crutches were gone, and all's you saw was a 40 year old women going into the stall - I would have appeared "able bodied". But the high seat was a lifesaver. Damn straight I had a right to use it. Does the person in a wheelchair deserve that stall more than me? Nope. The wheelchair person not getting the stall might mean incontinence. Me not getting the seat might have meant more surgery.

I agree. NOBODY can tell who is "ablebodied" or not. Hopefully others will learn from this thread.

OK. This thread has run it's course and is going to be closed.
No matter how upset other posters might make someone, it is not OK to bash, namecall or otherwise not play nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter