OT - Need original baby boy name...

Forgive me if these names have already been mentioned. My boys are Ashton & Kaiden, I also love the name Cohen. Good luck choosing a name for your precious bundle:goodvibes

My ds's name is Dallan. Easy to pernounce and you'll probably not run into another one. I know of only two other people with the similar name but their spelling is Dallen.

My son is Rusk, his mothers maiden name. Daughter is Jorie, her grandmothers middle name.

DH and I struggled for months deciding on a boy's name when I was pregnant the first time. Fortunately for us, we had a girl and used a name we'd already picked out when we were dating (Avery).

Now I am pregnant again and I hope it's another girl because the only name, ONLY NAME, I like (even after looking through this thread and many others) is Calvin. I loved the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon so having a little Calvin-looking fella would be adorable - just not the way he acts. :rotfl: Anyway, DH dislikes the name because he knows a trashy redneck named Calvin. So there ya go. That redneck ruined my name choice.

Just want to tell the OP to definitely avoid the ayden/aiden names. They are soo popular. I know tons!

Don't you have fun going back and thinking about some of your older relatives' names? There was no way any of our kids were going to be named after some of them: Maudie, Effie and Floyd...

Now my grand dad, Floyd, was one of ten boys. I liked one of the names of his brothers: Harley. I think that is cute... Remembering one more thing: my grand dad's middle name was Patterson. That is pretty cute, too!

How about Thatcher or grayson - grayson has the same ring as Aidan but there are very few of them out there!

My ds is Marshall Lee... we have only met one other Marshall and he's in my dd's class! It's a strong name that doesn't get misprounced. I take care of the babies at my church and in one class there is a Kaeden, Calen, Keean, Camden, and Keaton. The Irish names are really popular! I'd steer clear of those.

My son's name is Landon. Though I've only come across about 3 other Landons in 4 years, I have seen those stands that sell mugs, magnets, etc with names on it carry "Landon" so I gues it's not "too far out there".

Good luck!
Chris

Gotta throw in my son's name... Miles!

Mine too! Miles Coleman in fact. I have known a few here and there but it doesn't seem to be one of those names that is hugely popular.:confused3 Also not a weird one and super easy to pronounce. I also like the names Ephraim and Elijah a lot but I am definitely not having any more kids so they are out for me.:rotfl2:

My boy is Carter, if I ever have another boy *don't see that happening anytime soon* his name might be Brannon (my name is Shannon)

Carter could have also been named -
Carson
Mason
Brayden
Adam
*But we went with Carter

**My DB's name is Ryson ~ we've never met another one - our dad's name is Ryan ~ he's Ryan's son!

My nephews are Jaerdan (Jardun) and Korver ~ both names really had to grow on me, but they fit them ~ I mostly call J ~ Jaer (Jer), their dad's name is Benjamin (Ben) I suggested Benson for K but he didn't want his kid to be teased ~ ?Korver? ~ I prefer Benson for sure!

I'm a little partial to our DS's name - Truett (or you can spell Truitt). Different but not too out there. I've only ever heard of one other!
Toby Mack(Christian hip hop singer) has a son named Truett. He does kiddy Christian rap and goes by Tru Dog. He is really cute.

Orion like the constellation...

Little boy I babysit for is named Orion and I really like that name!

My DS15 is Torin. I have only known one other Torin. It is an unusual name, but not weird.

I also love the name Josiah. It was my great, great grandfather's name.

Marsha

As the father of a daughter with a hard to pronounce name, I implore you to NOT give your son a name that's hard to pronounce.

Make it original, sure, but easy to pronounce.

My DS is Severin Fletcher. Good luck with whatever name you choose! I'm sure it will be the right one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter