OT - Need original baby boy name...

mommy*RN

<font color=limegreen>Does Imodium work for verbal
I'm hoping you all can help me. I need a baby boy name that is unusual or original, but not too far out there. I love names like Ian and Aiden, but they are way too popular right now. I'd like something different, but not super popular. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thank you!

If I ever have another boy his name will be Brady. I love that name for a boy.

I am a traditionalist so I don't have any suggestions for you, but found it funny what you said...

My neighbor's son just welcomed his son into the world yesterday! His name is Aiden!

How about something relating to your heritage, if that's of interest to you. My family is Scandinavian, and my son's name is Soren. It's interesting and unique (but not so unique that you can't pronounce it...).

My church must have a lot of Scandinavians too, because one evening when I was working we had a Bjorn, Siri, Signe, (pronounced Sig-knee), Solveig (pronounced Sol-vay), and my own Soren. LOL. And I have also heard of somebody who named their son Espen (which is a real name), and were disgruntled when people assumed that it was because they loved ESPN on tv.

Our DS(3)'s name is Lucas. Hardly ever come across another one of those. I liked that name and DH is a huge Star Wars fan, so it's funny that he gets to say "Luke...I am your father". ;)

My son is Micah (named after our favorite passage in the bible Micah 6-8 which just happened to also be his birth weight.).

We love the name but we got a lot of mixed reactions from people at first.

We have a Nathaniel Jacob, Ephraim Levi and are about to welcome a Felix Matthew into the world. Maybe some of those would work?

My DD and I liked Jaxson. My DH and DS not so much. I really liked Jax for a nickname.

Here are some that I like:
Mason
Parker (my favorite!!)
Carson
Cason
Rylan (my other favorite)

How about Cian? It's pronounced Key-en. Or how about Cieran? I love Irish names and wish I could use those two, but they won't work with my last name :(.

We were going to name our son Sebastian, but we didn't get very good reactions from the family. We settled on Oliver. I've personally never met an Oliver, but once we started telling people the name we ran across a few people that know an Oliver and my hairdresser who had her baby last month had also chosen Oliver for their son, so there are a few out there.

If you like Aiden, what about varying the name slightly and calling him Kaiden. I friend of mine had a baby in October and called him Kaiden

We were going to name our son Sebastian, but we didn't get very good reactions from the family. We settled on Oliver. I've personally never met an Oliver, but once we started telling people the name we ran across a few people that know an Oliver and my hairdresser who had her baby last month had also chosen Oliver for their son, so there are a few out there.

If the OP is of Irish descent (and based on her like list, she might be), Oliver would definitely not be a good name. In most Irish families, that is the one name that would never be used, because of historical associations with Cromwell.

If I ever have another boy his name will be Brady. I love that name for a boy.

Brady is DS3's name. Love, love, love it! Common but not too common. We don't run into too many. He also has a Brody at school and our neighbor has a Brayden. All good names I think!

We had to do the "G" thing and our DS's are Grant, Garrison, and Gage. Gage is unusual, but becoming more popular. Garrison is traditional but unusual. Grant is my favorite name but not very unique. Good luck!

We have a Cullen and Seth if we have another boy I quite like Lawson but we need to have a couple of names in the pipeline in case the baby doesn't look like the name we have chosen which is what happened with Cullen he was suppose to be James Henry took one look at him and said he doesn't look like a James so we named him Cullen Josh.

Nobody in my family liked Seth's name, we didn't care and named him a name we liked and now they couldn't see him being anything else.

Kirsten

I am a teacher so I always go by the names in my class......

Nathaniel (called Nate)
Preston
Brock
Bryce
Cooper

I'm an aide at school so here's a few of my 1st grade favorites:
Riley
Kaiden
Daniel
Dane
Harrison
Isaac

Good luck!
Also, hello from a fellow Milwaukee neighbor:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter