OT - Need original baby boy name...

gone all the way to page 13 and my gorgeous boy's name hasnt come up :eek: he is ellis michael, from elias if your keeping the walt theme :thumbsup2

If the OP is of Irish descent (and based on her like list, she might be), Oliver would definitely not be a good name. In most Irish families, that is the one name that would never be used, because of historical associations with Cromwell.

Blimey, they must have long memories, that was nearly 400 years ago :confused3

Linda

My sons' names are Collin and Landon. A friend of mine named her son Cullen, which I think it also cute. Good luck. Oh and I didn't read through all of the pages so forgive me if you've already picked out a name.

Our 7 yr old is Aiden Luke... which we picked out long before it became popular when people thought we were choosing a 'weird' name. lol

Our 4 yr old is Mikkel Aaron. Mikkel (short i sound) is a variation of Michael which means who is like God, but it can not be shortened to Mike (not my favourite name). I find myself shortening it to Kel a lot and just love it.

My best friend named her son Malachai and shortens it to Kai... love that name as well.

My husband has me watching the series on Showtime Weeds The oldest son of the main character is name Silas (Sy - Liss) Before that show I have never heard of the name. I think it's a uncommon, yet nice sounding name.

My DS's name is McKinley. I picked it from my genealogy research. I had two relatives named McKinley after the president. It doesn't even make the top 1000 names, so very rare.

I will have to continue the B theme: how about Benett or Bennet (Ben as his nickname)?My DDs name is Morgan. Primarily a girls name, but great for a boy too:) My DHs middle name is Henry. I like Henry and Jack too. I know they are not unusual, but classic names are great:)

I love the name Declan. If it fit with our last name, it would have been our "boys name", though we ended up with just girls, anyway!

Others I like are Trevor, Travis, Liam, Graham, Tristan, Clayton, Duncan, Damien, Donovan, Tanner, Zane

Our son's name is Alden. It is a family name, but we like it because it is different.

Baxter was the first name I thought of. We named our kids with longer names that could shorten to one or too nick names becuase kids will get nicknames no matter what their name is. If they have a longer name you can usually predict what that names will be. My name Bonnie has no short version so I got called BonBon and a few names I didn't like nearly as well.

I really like the name Rory. I was considering naming our third DS Rory, but we ended up naming him Adrian. Our other two DS's names are Christian and Gabriel (Gabe):thumbsup2

Woo hoo

Rory is my DS. Its a nickname cause he's a fourth. I had to find an irish/celtic nickname to make DH happy. I couldn't imagine another name for him.

Sorry, was MIA due to the holidays. This thread has GROWN! I love all the ideas and suggestions. Thank you so much. We are still trying to figure out what to name this baby so I popped back here to see what everyone said. Now I have a VERY comprehensive list. THANK YOU!

Sorry if this is a repeat from one of the previous 11 pages... How about converting a last name from someone in your family tree to a first name?

I LOVE this idea...but the surnames I can think of are weird. Benisch is one of them. Don't know if I could do that to my son. My mom's maiden name is Serbian so it doesn't go well with our strong German last name. Grr. This would have been such an awesome idea since we decided we didn't really like any of our Grandpa's first names (sorry Grandpa's!). I like names with meaning!

Sorry, was MIA due to the holidays. This thread has GROWN! I love all the ideas and suggestions. Thank you so much. We are still trying to figure out what to name this baby so I popped back here to see what everyone said. Now I have a VERY comprehensive list. THANK YOU!

Sorry if this is a repeat from one of the previous 11 pages... How about converting a last name from someone in your family tree to a first name?

I LOVE this idea...but the surnames I can think of are weird. Benisch is one of them. Don't know if I could do that to my son. My mom's maiden name is Serbian so it doesn't go well with our strong German last name. Grr. This would have been such an awesome idea since we decided we didn't really like any of our Grandpa's first names (sorry Grandpa's!). I like names with meaning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter