OT - let the chatting begin....... CHAT thread

sorry, slightly off topic but I just wanted to say thank god I'm not the only one with a fussy 3 year old!! seriously, he eats curry, Yorkshire puddings and chicken gougons! that on earth am I going to put in his lunch box for school in September?! I was beginning to think I was the only one with a fussy child.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

seriously, it's a relief to know it's not just him. he doesn't eat sandwiches, crisps or fruit! he has the organix goodies poofs things and a bit of cake for lunch. he's such a pain. if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

My dd's friend is so fussy he won't even eat sandwiches in his lunchbox so he has dry cold toast!!!!

Evening all :wave:
Just popping by to ask how organised everyone is for Santa?
Cannot find stocking fillers for DS but have a donkey load for DD!

kizzabel said:
Evening all :wave:
Just popping by to ask how organised everyone is for Santa?
Cannot find stocking fillers for DS but have a donkey load for DD!

Slowly getting there, got DW a few presents which were wrapped up last weekend with the help of Stitch our cat whose main contribution was to keep sitting on the unrolled wrapping paper.

DW is working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day this year and I'm visiting family in Wales so we are going to celebrate Christmas at the weekend before we leave for DLP.

We plan on putting up our decorations and tree this weekend.

Slowly getting there, got DW a few presents which were wrapped up last weekend with the help of Stitch our cat whose main contribution was to keep sitting on the unrolled wrapping paper. DW is working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day this year and I'm visiting family in Wales so we are going to celebrate Christmas at the weekend before we leave for DLP. We plan on putting up our decorations and tree this weekend.

I'm like your DW except I'm working 12-12am 25th-27th inclusive, my 4th Christmas working in a row but I'm rotad off next year providing we stick with this rota.

Present wise just got to get my niece and nephews, was going to order them the other day but sister hasn't confirmed yet, which is a pain as after this week I don't have many days off. My sister and bil had there present earlier in the year so not many to get. I put wrapping off till last minute as I hate doing it

Jonjo said:
Slowly getting there, got DW a few presents which were wrapped up last weekend with the help of Stitch our cat whose main contribution was to keep sitting on the unrolled wrapping paper.

DW is working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day this year and I'm visiting family in Wales so we are going to celebrate Christmas at the weekend before we leave for DLP.

We plan on putting up our decorations and tree this weekend.

An exceptionally useful cat! Our idiot only shreds it.

We spend Christmas morning in my Mum and Dads and DH goes to his parents for dinner. Some years myself and the kids join him there in the evening but this year I'm staying and having a few drinks with my family because my brother will only be home for 4 days and I only see him and my lovely nephew twice a year.
Have DS's to finish plus presents for two godmammies, a friend, my godmother, two teachers, Dad and DH. Yikes I'm unorganized.

kizzabel said:
An exceptionally useful cat! Our idiot only shreds it.

We spend Christmas morning in my Mum and Dads and DH goes to his parents for dinner. Some years myself and the kids join him there in the evening but this year I'm staying and having a few drinks with my family because my brother will only be home for 4 days and I only see him and my lovely nephew twice a year.
Have DS's to finish plus presents for two godmammies, a friend, my godmother, two teachers, Dad and DH. Yikes I'm unorganized.

Only two presents bought here - I'm REALLY unorganized! Though this years I've decided that the Saturday between Christmas and New Year, I will be braved have everyone over. They can eat dried left overs and my delicious soggy mince pies!

Lisa_C said:
Only two presents bought here - I'm REALLY unorganized! Though this years I've decided that the Saturday between Christmas and New Year, I will be braved have everyone over. They can eat dried left overs and my delicious soggy mince pies!

Lol mince pies are manky!! The smell of the mincemeat filling yock!
I managed to get the godmammies done today so only Dad, hubs, small pressies from the kids to the grandparents and DS's stocking fillers to do. That's tiring just reading it back!

Hi,

Literally just saw a trailor for a new Tom Hanks film Saving Mr Banks. It had clips of Disney in it, very brief. Is it a film based on Walt Disney?.

It's about how Walt Disney convinced the author of the Mary poppins book to allow him the rights to make it into a film

Lol mince pies are manky!! The smell of the mincemeat filling yock!
I managed to get the godmammies done today so only Dad, hubs, small pressies from the kids to the grandparents and DS's stocking fillers to do. That's tiring just reading it back!

I agree sweet mince meat is just rank! Still buy them though! :rotfl: I am totally done - every present bought (and stored safely in Santa's grotta aka a friends house). We have been very good this year - I started early and refused to buy anything rubbish or anything full price. We got EXACTLY what we wanted for everyone and saved around £1000 on rrp. In total I have spent less than £400... I am super proud of myself! Good job too as we have the balance of DLP to pay in 2 weeks!!!!

The elf is coming tonight to decorate the house - I will mostly be sitting and pointing. Okay - Rosebug thinks it is an elf - in reality it is her grumpy daddy but he could pass as one sometimes! She is super excited about Christmas this year; and wrote her letter to Santa tonight - so proud watching her write the presents down herself!

For anyone looking for stocking fillers - Zuilly have some fab Disney bits in including gorgeous Frozen crocheted bags etc. http://www.zulily.co.uk/invite/dsharp995

And Poundland have loads of fab Disney goodies including Tink/Minnie/Princess microfibre turbie towels (those towels for your hair) and showercaps etc.

:santa::santa::santa:

Hi can any of you lovely Lot tell me how to find the earl of sandwich in london I see it's next to St. Paul's, but a idiots guide would be nice.
Me and my ds1 are down next Saturday we haven't got much time to spare.
He's not going to disney till October and his fav place at WDW last year was the earl of sandwich, he a good kid and this would make his day.
Tia Rachael xx

It's on Ludgate Hill leading up to St Paul's. You won't be able to miss it. If you search for EoS Ludgate Hill and zoom in on street level it's where the buildings are Fresh Italy/The Apostle.

p.s. I'm just going to move this to the Chat thread as it's not strictly Disney/DLP related. :)

It's on Ludgate Hill leading up to St Paul's. You won't be able to miss it. If you search for EoS Ludgate Hill and zoom in on street level it's where the buildings are Fresh Italy/The Apostle.

p.s. I'm just going to stick this in the Chat thread as it's not strictly Disney/DLP related.

Sorry :blush:
Thanks Elaine
Very helpful xx

Don't apologise! It's always nice when the Chat thread's active :goodvibes perhaps we should try and make it a bit busier in 2014!

I'll be adding some pictures of my new puppy over the weekend.

What did you get Elaine?
Would love to see some pics. My big, jowly basset is asleep here beside me (taking up most of the sofa too I might add!)

I have DS' 5th birthday tomorrow! :yay: Cake is made, just have to wrap the presents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter