OT - let the chatting begin....... CHAT thread

they are all a 12 rating, except the most recent one, which is a 12a.

My DD was much younger than 12 when she watched POTC with me, probably about 7 or 8 I think.

I was thinking of letting DD watch POTC but is she still too young? She's coming up 5 in October. Loves POTC and really wants to eat in Blue Lagoon on our next trip! pirate:

my girls r 5+6 and i wouldnt let them watch it, their scared of aladdin doe! Tbh i dont tink they would have the intrest to watch the whole movie, dd2 for example would watch rapunzel, barbie even toystorey on rerun but we had to switch off cars after 10min as it was"stupid!". she is quite girly every thing is pretty or cute with her

Just dropped my baby off for her first morning at school - how emotional???!!!! :sad1:

I also popped into the office to pick up a holiday request form for our November trip! :yay: :santa: Bad Mummy!

Now the long wait until I can go & pick her up and find our if it went ok...

Aaaah Congrats Jenny. Bet shes having a great time! My DD started last year and now barely stops to kiss me or wave in the mornings! Shes more preoccupied with who shes walking up with (theres a looooong drive up to her school and she walks with her friends or cousins and wave from the top)
They get big so quickly. Its scary!
Has she friends from playschool going to the same school? DD had one friend from playschool in her class and they get on so well, best friends infact!

Ive a confession - Ive never watched a full POTC film. Something always happens when I sit down to watch them! Life gets in the way for some unknown reason - maybe its just not meant to be :confused3

Hope she loves her first day, Jenny. :goodvibes
Ive a confession - Ive never watched a full POTC film. Something always happens when I sit down to watch them! Life gets in the way for some unknown reason - maybe its just not meant to be :confused3

POTC4 arrived on Saturday so I've spent the whole weekend having a piratefest - I watched them all! pirate:

Hope she enjoys her 1st day Jenny:goodvibes

My nephew started last week, on the 1st day he only went in for a hour. The next day he cried when he went to take his older sister to school as he wanted to go all day even though he is afternoons at the moment:rotfl2:

He also told the teacher on the 1st day he is not there to do painting etc he is there to make friends:lmao:

Hi!

I need somewhere to explode!! :goodvibes I don't know how much longer I can keep my January trip a secret from my soon-to-be step brother (my dad is marrying his mother on Friday... Cannot wait! We have a castle hired in Galway for 3 nights! have to go buy my shoes today!!)

Anyway I am finding it really hard to keep the secret from him! He is 10 (11 on Sunday) and myself and my bf aren't telling him that he is going to DLP on Jan 2nd with us and my 17 year old brother until Christmas morning!

But I am so so so excited!!! :rotfl: I think I need to distance myself from Disney and then perhaps I wont feel as excited... But I doubt that will happen :laughing: :lmao:

What do you guys do to try keep the secret as long as possible??? I havent even told him that myself and my bf are going in January... We have gone the last 2 Januarys too. Maybe if I let it slip that me and my bf are going again then i will be able to talk about Disney without actually telling him we are going.

But then again it would probably be better not to say a word!

If only I could forget about the trip for 3 months :wizard:

Aaaah Congrats Jenny. Bet shes having a great time! Has she friends from playschool going to the same school? DD had one friend from playschool in her class and they get on so well, best friends infact!

Thanks! She knows a few children from pre-school, only boys in her class though which is a shame. She did have a lovely time and is looking forward to going again! :thumbsup2

Hope she loves her first day, Jenny. :goodvibes

POTC4 arrived on Saturday so I've spent the whole weekend having a piratefest - I watched them all! pirate:

Thanks! :goodvibes Sounds like a perfect weekend! pirate:

Hope she enjoys her 1st day Jenny:goodvibes

My nephew started last week, on the 1st day he only went in for a hour. The next day he cried when he went to take his older sister to school as he wanted to go all day even though he is afternoons at the moment:rotfl2:

He also told the teacher on the 1st day he is not there to do painting etc he is there to make friends:lmao:

Brilliant!!:rotfl2:

Hi!

I need somewhere to explode!! :goodvibes I don't know how much longer I can keep my January trip a secret from my soon-to-be step brother (my dad is marrying his mother on Friday... Cannot wait! We have a castle hired in Galway for 3 nights! have to go buy my shoes today!!)

Anyway I am finding it really hard to keep the secret from him! He is 10 (11 on Sunday) and myself and my bf aren't telling him that he is going to DLP on Jan 2nd with us and my 17 year old brother until Christmas morning!

But I am so so so excited!!! :rotfl: I think I need to distance myself from Disney and then perhaps I wont feel as excited... But I doubt that will happen :laughing: :lmao:

What do you guys do to try keep the secret as long as possible??? I havent even told him that myself and my bf are going in January... We have gone the last 2 Januarys too. Maybe if I let it slip that me and my bf are going again then i will be able to talk about Disney without actually telling him we are going.

But then again it would probably be better not to say a word!

If only I could forget about the trip for 3 months :wizard:

I know how you feel!!
DD keeps seeing the ads and begging to save up and go - the new ad convinced her that you can go in the school holidays, like its a fact! No Mam we can go, the telly says so! And i rain on her parade and say with no money!?!?!
Little does she know *insert sneaky smiley here* :laughing:
Just think about the excitement of the reveal and stay using disboards to keep your excitement going and we'll be your Disney outlet! :hug:
Me and DP only chat about it when we're on a night out and tipsy and safe from prying ears!!
I do update him everyday on our holiday countdown but its that hes just not that into DLP. Can you fathom that?!!? He must have had a very fulfilling childhood as I turn into the biggest kid at the thoughts of getting back to the magic!
Hold tight on the secret, it'll be worth it :thumbsup2

Morning all:goodvibes

I settled my account with my solicitor yesterday for the house i'm buying, sent the deposit too (that was painful:) ) so its just waiting to exchange contracts & complete. Looks like we will complete on the 29th September, my dad will have to collect the keys as i'm on nights but will have a few days off after that to slowly move in. Hope to be completely by mid October as I have some move leave booked to sort out everything.

Need to get a holiday booked soon as I will not be going to the States in October as planned due to my mate not being able to go then. A bit gutted but it gives me time to save a bit more & have a nice holiday next year:thumbsup2

Great news Nikki, you must be so excited!! You wont feel it and you'll be moved it. Thats a pity about the US holiday :hug:

Great news Nikki, you must be so excited!! You wont feel it and you'll be moved it. Thats a pity about the US holiday :hug:

Excited & nervous but I will be fine once settled. It is a shame about the US but will look at it again next year, would have been able to go this year if my friend got 2 weeks off instead of 1 (she is a teacher) as she needs to be home for something in the middle of what would have been our holiday. Oh well might try & squeeze another Disney trip in instead. Its a blessing really as the prices were coming out double to what we paid last year & I didn't really want to spend loads.

Sounding great about the house Nikki - Im sure you'll love it having your own space.
Shame about the USA trip but as you say more time to save for next year

I settled my account with my solicitor yesterday for the house i'm buying, sent the deposit too (that was painful:) ) so its just waiting to exchange contracts & complete. Looks like we will complete on the 29th September, my dad will have to collect the keys as i'm on nights but will have a few days off after that to slowly move in. Hope to be completely by mid October as I have some move leave booked to sort out everything.

Great news!! :cool1: We should exchange tomorrow and have a completion date of Monday 26th. We'll be doing the whole move in the morning :eek: but hopefully should be able to finish all the packing over the weekend before. I think we'll be unpacking for a while!!! ;)

Evening all :wave:

Any nice plans for the weekend?
Today is my sisters 40th birthday so I was up early for her surprise... You see shes been mad after an Audi TT for years and her husband worked every hour of overtime he could get for the last few months and got her a beeeeeautiful 2000 one! Its gorgeous. She cried and jumped around the house for ages! Im so happy for her, shes caring and selfless and always worrying about her 5 siblings and Im delighted she had her dream come true. Shes off away to a spa for the weekend with her hubbie which was our gift.

Im keeping it quiet this weekend. Theres a book fair on in my town and Im after spending far too much money on books today so I think I wont be stirring outside the door all weekend!

Happy Friday :)

Evening all :wave:

Any nice plans for the weekend?
Today is my sisters 40th birthday so I was up early for her surprise... You see shes been mad after an Audi TT for years and her husband worked every hour of overtime he could get for the last few months and got her a beeeeeautiful 2000 one! Its gorgeous. She cried and jumped around the house for ages! Im so happy for her, shes caring and selfless and always worrying about her 5 siblings and Im delighted she had her dream come true. Shes off away to a spa for the weekend with her hubbie which was our gift.

Im keeping it quiet this weekend. Theres a book fair on in my town and Im after spending far too much money on books today so I think I wont be stirring outside the door all weekend!

Happy Friday :)

awwww that's lovely for your sister :cutie:

I'm keeping it low key this weekend too, I have to pay the balance of our DLP trip in a few weeks and since I only decided on this trip a month ago I've had to keep the purse strings tight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter