• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - chatting away with a new board

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend just called round having got back from DLRP. She was returning my Brits' Guide which I'd loaned her.....and she was sitting opposite Simon & Susan Veness on the way out there. Apparently (before she knew who they were) she was chatting to them and showed them the 'great book' so I'd imagine they were pleased!
Simon if you're reading they say Hi! :laughing:

:rotfl::rotfl:

We had a great time at Sue's for my wedding dress fitting today!

We arrived at her house (Which I was awestruck by- It's like a mansion!) and were greeted by her playful one year old Collie, Sam.... He was obsessed with wanting to play Tennis Balls with us! We had a coffee and talked about the coat I want, and then met all the cats she has.... Her oldest one is 19!! She's cute, but so frail.... She had a nice cuddle though! Then we met Tom the cat, who lives on the Piano, and Millie the tabby who is Sam the dog's bestest pal! After meeting the animals and playing with them all, we went to try the dress on upstairs....

...No sooner had we shut the door, than Sam was nutting it back open and throwing his tennis ball! Subtle, huh?? He eventually came into the room with the ball to play with all of us!

As predicted, the dress was a bit like a sack.... I laughed though 'cause Sue cut some of the full length skirt (Which the pattern came with) off to get a better idea of length, and the dog ran past so it got cut too short...! It looked like an ice skaters dress!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: She pinned some more fabric on though, so we got an idea of length.... The neckline was perfect, the fit was perfect... It was all wonderful! Apart from being a sack of course! She's all set to make it up now though... The skirt on the mock dress was gorgeous and had some fabby retro pleats in that I adored! And then the neckline is kind of a double V neckline.... It looks great!! I can't wait for it to be made for real!!

We looked at some of her corsets, and picked one that I liked best..... I'm going to have to buy some new black wedding knickers though in order to match my dream corset! No biggie, my others were only £6!

2009_0323Sue0013.jpg

Me with one of the corsets... This one had cats on it.... :goodvibes

2009_0323Sue0014.jpg

Me with a some black fabric round my waist to get a better fit for the petticoat.... Note, Sam with his tennis ball!

2009_0323Sue0015.jpg

The dress mock up at full length...

2009_0323Sue0017.jpg

Neckline a perfect fit for my jewellery.... And my fabric swatch...

2009_0323Sue0018.jpg

One of my earrings on the fabric.....Just to get an idea of contrast.....

I'm seriously excited! I feel properly like I'm getting married now!

Bob xxoxoxoxox

Anyone else watching the sperm programme?

Very clever!

Although I'm getting emotionally attached to the sperm people....who are dying in their millions.....

Bob, the colour of your dress really is gorgeous, it will look absolutely stunning with that necklace and earrings. :thumbsup2

I do not think i am in for a fun filled day today, i have got to go up to my Daughters school as she absolutely hates one of her options.
It stresses her so much that all she does is cry about it, i do not think she can cope with the workload.
The teacher is always giving her detentions for unfinished pieces of work, She even got given one last Friday and she wasn't even in school.

Oh dear what a shame - i hope they can do something to help her , unfortunately its probably too late to change to another subject now

Yes, it's definately too late to change now although I have no idea how we are going to sort this one out. It's got so bad now that she is picking all the skin around her thumbs because she just can't cope, it's awful to watch her struggle and be so miserable over a subject.

Textiles. I think she thought she would love it as she enjoys sewings etc but it is completely different to what she thought it would be.
In the very beginning they had to compile a folder which involved sticking things in and writing about it. She spent a whole weekend perfecting her folder and when she handed it in to be marked she got 2.5 out of 5, the next time her folder came back the teacher had crossed out the half so she only had 2. :confused3
I think she lost all heart after that incident.

Aww, thanks Small World :flower3:

On a more positive note however i managed to upgrade my hotel yesterday.:cool1:
I have been checking the disney site every day (as you do) just incase the 40% offer came up for the Cheyenne for my dates.
Yesterday i checked and low and behold there it was, i rang Disney and for an extra £8.40 we are now staying at the Cheyenne.
I don't know if i get a new confirmation through though via email as the one i have now shows me staying at the Santa Fe.

Yes I noticed in another thread - thats good.

Im off to finish getting ready for work now - see you this evening :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter