OT Attachement Parenting

I figure that there are probaly some AP parents out there that have not been seperated from their children overnight. I'm a little worried about leaving DS at home with DGP while I deliver.

Has anyone else faced this?

Been there. It was VERY hard for me. Like you, no one understood because they had family close by and left their kids all the time (even for long vacations and such). Fine for them, but NOT my style.

I seriously had myself worried sick about this. I was not having a c-section, however. I was so freaked out that I would go into labor near her bedtime (and she needed dad or I to put her to bed). As it was, it worked out, in that I went into labor after we woke up in the am (around 7) and delivered just past 11 that morning!

DH did stay with her at night, though she spent time with good friends until my mom got into town, then spent time with her (and with us at the hospital) until time for bed. My mom stayed with me in the hospital that first night so that DH could be with DD1. The second night it was just me and DD2, which was pretty neat, actually.

Lots of talk to say, any way that DH could be with him, at least for night time? SOmeone else could come to stay and help you? Might make you feel a bit better about the situation?
:hug:

Thank you so much for the ideas. I think I will have DH stay at home during the night.

That's what DH and I had to do. We struggled with what to do with our three DDs (I had a c-section too) and ultimately decided that DH would stay home with them overnight and then everybody came to the hospital in the morning to spend the day with me and the new baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter