OT Attachement Parenting

MindyLuvsMickey

DIS Veteran
It seems like there are several other people here with similar parenting strategies as me and DH.

I just wanted to say hi to all of the other breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing parents!

Hi!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

We have a dis thread on MDC ;)

I will be babywearing/cosleeping/breastfeeding in Orlando tomorrow! Ok, so my baby is almost 2, but he is still my baby!

Count me in as another attachment parenting devotee... although I'm currently trying to get a little less attached.

My "baby" is two, and we finally did wean him... but we aren't sure how to get him out of our bed! Co-sleeping was absolutely right for us for the first two years, but now DS is tall and likes to sleep sideways between me and DH. Oh, and he thinks it is really funny to try to kick Daddy out of bed. We got an adorable toddler bed that DS loves to play on and line up his stuffed animals on, but he shows absolutely no interest in sleeping anywhere other than with us.

I brought it up with our pedi at DS's last checkup, and our pedi laughed and said that we did have a problem. (The same way that he says "well, he's sick" when we bring in DS when he's sick.) Ok, so our pedi has a warped sense of humor, but that's probably why we adore him.

Hi! I am no longer doing any of those things, but I did before with my two kids. :)

I haven't been on MDC for a long time.

It's been a long time since BF and slinging, but every now and again DD asks me to sleep with her. And I happily oblige. :cloud9: :love:

We're not 100% AP, but we're definitely on the AP side of things (extended bfing, baby wearing, etc.). The big thing that we don't do is regular co-sleeping. We're not anti co-sleeping and I would say that out bed is certainly open to DD, but we just rarely started out the night all in the same bed.

Count me in as a mostly AP mom (my kids never like me wearing them...I think I did it wrong :confused3 ).

Just finished nursing the 2 year old back to sleep (she had a bad dream and was yelling at her sister and woke up...scared the heck out of me.)

So now I get to check the boards since I can't sleep. ;)

AP here too. My DS will be 2 next month and still co-sleeps with us. I actually enjoy it because I feel like I get extra time with him. Although last night he did flip upside down and kick me in the head... that's when we put him in his crib that is still in our room. Don't you hate it when the in-laws say something about it? I always get the comment "Oh, he still isn't sleeping in his bed?" No, he isn't! I told her when DH has a problem with it, then we will transition him. Until then, I wish she would mind her own business! :mad:

We did this naturally before we knew it had a name! I just knew everyone gave us a hard time for having our kids sleep with us. I tried to explain that only in the Western world is this a big deal, but the only culture most of them knew WAS the Western world, so that didn't really fly.

We rarely go anywhere without our kids. If something is an adult only event, we just don't go.

Dawn

I've never understood the term "attachment parenting". To me it's just doing what comes naturally. I've breastfed 2 of my kids past 2 years, the other til 18 mos. Had I not taken bad dr advice she'd have been longer too. My kids have all slept in our bed. My son is almost 5 and still in our bed but that isn't by my choice. It is time for him to leave since I'm newly pregnant and he's a kicker. But he gets lonely being all alone. His 2 sisters share a bed and mommy & daddy share a bed but poor Alex is all alone. I understand why he's lonely. But we're working on that. I never wore my kids in a sling because they were enormously big babies and I could never get the hang of slings. I will try so much harder with the new baby though. Not sure what else classifies as attachment parenting. To me this is what works for our family. I almost really don't like the label though. Whenever you label yourself you open it up for other people to start telling you how your way isn't right. Co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc is the way for our family.

Hi,

It's nice to know that are a lot of us out there...Still BF my 23 month old DS and co-sleeping with him and our other 6yr DS..:love:

I remember when DS was born and the months following, alot of people told me that I held him too much. What?!? He's a baby! They told me he wouldn't be independent and I would spoil him. Please, people are shocked at how independent my son is now. He doesn't want my help with anything. We wouldn't change anything with the way we have raised him so far and my next one will be the same way. I guess we will just have to get a bigger bed! :rotfl:

Me too, me too! :yay: lol.

I'm such a preacher about things now, I don't even mind if someone tries to criticize, because then they have to listen to me go on and on! I'm all for people doing what they think is best, but when they try to put me down they've invited themselves to an attachment parenting lesson, Lexmas style! :rotfl:

We're so "weird" to everyone around here, I'm used to it. Come on, they haven't seen a breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, EC-ing family before? :confused: They need to get out more! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter