OT - let the chatting begin....... CHAT thread

Hope you have a great time in London, Julie, and that you have a great experience at the Olympics, Nikki. :goodvibes Hope your next try at packing is more successful.

Thanks:goodvibesI've given up trying to get it in one case & will take a large suitcase and a carry on size one & will have to iron all my uniform again when I get there:(

Hi folks :wave2:

Got back from London on Thursday evening. We had a fantastic time, walked everywhere, and I actually feel more exhausted than I've ever felt after a DLP trip :rotfl:

We were lucky to hit the heatwave :cool2: but if I'm honest it was a bit too hot for me. Harry Potter Studios was absolutely amazing. I'd go back there in a minute. I think I missed a lot of detail and we were in there about 4 hours.

Hope you've arrived and having a good time Nikki. The buzz around London is great :goodvibes

Now trying to get washing done but having constant showers of rain, so will need to find something else to do.

What's everyone else up to?

Hi folks :wave2:

Got back from London on Thursday evening. We had a fantastic time, walked everywhere, and I actually feel more exhausted than I've ever felt after a DLP trip :rotfl:

We were lucky to hit the heatwave :cool2: but if I'm honest it was a bit too hot for me. Harry Potter Studios was absolutely amazing. I'd go back there in a minute. I think I missed a lot of detail and we were in there about 4 hours.

Hope you've arrived and having a good time Nikki. The buzz around London is great :goodvibes

Now trying to get washing done but having constant showers of rain, so will need to find something else to do.

What's everyone else up to?

Glad you enjoyed London, I know what you mean about how hot its been. Luckily we were able to wear our own clothes for our training otherwise it would be unbearable, it was bad enough when we had quick trip to the Olympic park on Thursday & had to wear uniform.

I'm really enjoying it & looking forward to starting on Wednesday, the atmosphere is amazing & that was without the crowds. A group of us watched the Opening ceremony in the uni canteen and it was amazing.

I'm have popped back home for a couple of days & having dinner with my parents, sister and her family today:thumbsup2

It is strange you have a mixture of feelings happyness that DH will get a transplant, sadness that someone has died to donate their organ. That is the most unbelievable gift anyone can give. Sorrow for the family. Then disappointment when the transplant is cancelled. I most probably sound very self centred. Sorry. DH has been waiting over 5 years but it can happen at any time. This is the second time so maybe 3rd time lucky.

I really hope so! I can't imagine what it's like to be in that situation. You certainly don't sound self centred. <3

I have only been lurking this past week, as it was the first week of my summer, and it has been so busy! I am ready to go back to work already! ;) We've been to the beach twice; Alnwick Gardens; softplay; seaside ice cream parlour & park; the theatre to see the Seussical ... and managed to squeeze in a few lunches out, a day in Gran's garden in the paddling pool and all around her 3 usual mornings at nursery... I am absolutely exhausted, but have the biggest smile on my face. Term times are so hard as I am so exhausted most days, and have so much work to do evenings and weekends, that whilst I still am determined to do everything possible with Rosebug, I often don't have the energy to fully enjoy it iykwim?

We also have an action packed week ahead, with trips out with Granda and we're off to the Olympics!!!! :cheer2: Okay, it's the women's football quarter final at St. James Park ... but I am quite excited, even though I wasn't bothered at all about the Olympics! Rosebug loves football (I don't!) so I'm sure she will love the experience!

She is over her chickenpox, she had such a mild case, so fingers crossed she doesn't get it again. The spots are taking ages to fade though! She also had her consultant appointment last week, and her consultant is very impressed with her progress and we're now trying the next step of getting her into a routine, but it's trial and error, so very thankful for the GP's and now Consultant letter for DLP about easy access, without it I doubt we could do anything atm, as the changing of meds etc. is making things a bit hard work.

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer! pirate:

Glad you enjoyed London, I know what you mean about how hot its been. Luckily we were able to wear our own clothes for our training otherwise it would be unbearable, it was bad enough when we had quick trip to the Olympic park on Thursday & had to wear uniform.

I'm really enjoying it & looking forward to starting on Wednesday, the atmosphere is amazing & that was without the crowds. A group of us watched the Opening ceremony in the uni canteen and it was amazing.

I'm have popped back home for a couple of days & having dinner with my parents, sister and her family today:thumbsup2

Oh, I can't imagine being in that heat in a full uniform :headache: Looks like the weather has cooled a bit now, so should be better for you.

I
I have only been lurking this past week, as it was the first week of my summer, and it has been so busy! I am ready to go back to work already! ;) We've been to the beach twice; Alnwick Gardens; softplay; seaside ice cream parlour & park; the theatre to see the Seussical ... and managed to squeeze in a few lunches out, a day in Gran's garden in the paddling pool and all around her 3 usual mornings at nursery... I am absolutely exhausted, but have the biggest smile on my face. Term times are so hard as I am so exhausted most days, and have so much work to do evenings and weekends, that whilst I still am determined to do everything possible with Rosebug, I often don't have the energy to fully enjoy it iykwim?

We also have an action packed week ahead, with trips out with Granda and we're off to the Olympics!!!! :cheer2: Okay, it's the women's football quarter final at St. James Park ... but I am quite excited, even though I wasn't bothered at all about the Olympics! Rosebug loves football (I don't!) so I'm sure she will love the experience!

She is over her chickenpox, she had such a mild case, so fingers crossed she doesn't get it again. The spots are taking ages to fade though! She also had her consultant appointment last week, and her consultant is very impressed with her progress and we're now trying the next step of getting her into a routine, but it's trial and error, so very thankful for the GP's and now Consultant letter for DLP about easy access, without it I doubt we could do anything atm, as the changing of meds etc. is making things a bit hard work.

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer! pirate:

Sounds like a very busy time for you :) Good to get the chickenpox out the way, but it's not fun at the time.

We took Lewis swimming today for the first time in about a year. I always loved swimming as a kid, but as he has eczema and I've always been wary of taking him. He's also a bit nervous about trying new things so we took the bull by the horns today and just went. He ended up having a great time and we've promised to make it a weekly trip. It was such a big thing for him and I'm so glad we went. I'm hoping it will kick start my diet/fitness regime that i've been promising to start for ages too.

Got back from London on Thursday evening. We had a fantastic time
Glad you had a great time, I love going to London. :goodvibes I am desperate to go to the Harry Potter Studios, am hoping it will be this year rather than next.

It's also great news that Lewis enjoyed his swimming. :thumbsup2

I'm really enjoying it & looking forward to starting on Wednesday,
Great news, Nikki. :goodvibes

I have only been lurking this past week, as it was the first week of my summer, and it has been so busy! I am ready to go back to work already! ;)
So you'll be going back to work for a rest, then?!! ;)

Morning all, how is everyone?

My first Olympic shift yesterday was great. I'm fortunate as my grade get to walk around the Olympic park in between shuttling ambulance staff to venues. We also get to all the freebies, Samsung are giving out different pin badges and the 1st 100 to collect all 49 gets a Galaxy III phone.

Tried to blag some stuff from Coke but haven't succeded yet:rotfl:

Hope you're having fun Nikki.

Finally got some sunshine today to get some washing out on the line (my current obsession..) Nearing the end of my two week holiday and will be back to work on Monday :sad1:

HI

This might be weird and maybe the wrong forum my Hubby and I are going to london in Nov we arriving in heathrow in the morning around 6:30. We are trying to surprise My daughter and family they are station in RAF Lakenheath what will be the best transportation from the airport to there will it be the train if so what train stop will it be. I tried to look at the website and could not figure it out. I probably will have more questions since it will be our first time in London and we will probably go to disneyland Paris finger crossed.. We are going to be there for 3 weeks

Hi, I'm sorry, I can't help answer your questions. It might be an idea to post on the UK Community Forum, where some locals should be able to help you.

Sounds like a lovely idea to surprise your daughter :goodvibes

Hello everyone! :wave2:

Hope you are all enjoying the Olympic fever!

I must say I'm loving all the Olympic festivities.. being so close to London, I'm kicking myself for not getting any tickets for any events! But I'm still enjoying watching it all on the tv! popcorn::

Had an exciting time last weekend... as I went to try on some wedding dresses!! So excited, I've actually found one dress that is pretty close to what I'd describe as my dream dress! Makes it feel much more real now! princess:

Also had some more good news with my weight loss, I've now got my 2 stone award and am only 1 stone and 3 1/2 lb away from my wedding target weight! :lmao:

All of this combined with our new Disneyland booking makes me a VERY happypanda! :dance3:

Our goods were picked up in the States on 4 April and promised to be in Rotterdam 8 weeks later. The company went bankrupt, took our money left our goods on a dock in LA and told us nothing but lies.

The company in LA had a very good year and the man was going to retire. As a gift, he sent our goods on a ship and arranged for them to be delivered to us. God does answer prayers.

We learned so much by not having all our things. We are not a sum of our possessions. You can get by on less, a lot less. God provides for His children.

So yesterday, on the nearly 6 month mark, our goods were delivered to our home. I slept on soft flannel sheets and used big fluffy pillows. Our son has clothes for all seasons, especially fall and winter. We have more than we could ask for and even wonder why we packed some stuff.

The next week will be a slow unpack and hopefully we will be wearing out Disney custom clothes on the 15th in DLP.:flower3:

thats fantastic news MinnieVanMom - enjoy re-familiarising yourself with all your stuff :goodvibes.

Good morning everyone :goodvibes
I've got a lazy day today, housework is all done, washing is hung out and i can now sit back and put my feet up.

thats fantastic news MinnieVanMom - enjoy re-familiarising yourself with all your stuff :goodvibes.

Thank you so much, it means a lot to finally have our stuff. At one point we were told it would be sold at auction to pay the bill so we thank God for our stuff. I just unpacked 3 boxes of Disney custom clothing!

I've just got to share this ..... I can't really talk about it at work as for one they don't really 'get' it and secondly one of my colleague's DH is finding work a bit hard to come by at the moment and so it feels wrong to bang on about this in front of her ..... so thank goodness for the DIS. ;)

Anyhow I've finally booked the Lights Camera Magic tour for when we go to Anaheim next summer and this means we'll get to go to the Walt Disney Studios!!! :scared: Been wanting to do this ever since I read Tom's blog about it on the DL board but had to hold off booking until I knew we could afford it.

I am soooooo excited - never ever thought I'd get the chance to go there. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I've just got to share this ..... I can't really talk about it at work as for one they don't really 'get' it and secondly one of my colleague's DH is finding work a bit hard to come by at the moment and so it feels wrong to bang on about this in front of her ..... so thank goodness for the DIS. ;)

Anyhow I've finally booked the Lights Camera Magic tour for when we go to Anaheim next summer and this means we'll get to go to the Walt Disney Studios!!! :scared: Been wanting to do this ever since I read Tom's blog about it on the DL board but had to hold off booking until I knew we could afford it.

I am soooooo excited - never ever thought I'd get the chance to go there. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Fab news:yay: DL is on my list to do. I really want to do a road trip in the US, just need to talk to one of my friends and see if they are up for it as my usual USA travel buddy is getting married next year so can't make it.

Just.....WOW!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter