Organization 2010 - January/family room

Hey, can I join too? I just found this and am a little behind, but hoping to catch up this coming weekend. I like the room a month for sure... Daily tasks will probably end up being "weekend tasks" for me, but I shall try.

You sure can join! the more the merrier!

Daily task has been updated through 1/9. Some of these are really important for those who live in the north so please read carefully!

I'm in! (Even though I'm still a little scared about tackling my two biggest rooms right off the bat! :scared1: I need to push myself out of my comfort zone! :laughing:)

DH will be out of town this week-end so I will catchup on the daily tasks then!

Thanks, Buffy, for telling us about this thread and organizing it! :goodvibes

Glad you could join us Lisa! I'll post a new one every month so keep checking back. Or I can post on the BL9 thread when a new one comes up.

Just remember when you get those 2 rooms done the rest is easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca
Daily Task

Jan 8 - Inventory emergency supplies for your car. Scrapper, brush, flashlight and batteries, blanket, small shovel, first ad kit, tool kit, water, sand for traction.

I read it twice and missed that!!!! Have funny! Buffy is on a roll! ;)

Although DH said that if we were smart to weight down the cars during the winter months it would be easier just to haul all that "scapper" stuff out to the car and it'd be weighted down enough!

The way I see it.. if I store everything in the car... than he would have no clue when I added to the collection, right???? He sees it as smart, I see it as even smarter for me! LOL

Is it possible to sticky this thread and Hopes thread? They keep dropping down the list if no one posts...

all my junk drawers are in my kitchen cant I clean them when I do the kitchen? Please??/ I dont wanna clean anymore. I did every room today (minus the guest/junk/scraping/craft/office/ dumping ground)

It is taking me days just to go through my magazines as part of the decluttering! But I am about half done now. I want to finish and do the cleaning today, since I have family coming next weekend. Then I will finish the rest of the decluttering I think.

Daily Task
Jan 1 - transfer all appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, and automatic payment schedules into your 2010 calendar -- Done! Thank you Google calendar!
Jan 2 - Write down all of your Goals and plans for the year. Break them down into steps that a required to complete them.Done! Thank you Biggest Loser Challenge!
Jan 3 - Start planning your vacation for the year. The sooner you start planning, the sooner you can start saving.Done! Thank you DVC!
Jan 4 - look for inexpensive family entertainment. Example - movies and books at the library.Done! Library has a bunch of great stuff and now DS 10 can appreciate the wonders of the VHS tape! :lmao:
Jan 5 - Tackle junk drawers - one day at a time, sort through one drawer at a time. Add trays to keep things organized. Done! I only have one junk drawer so it wasn't too bad!
Jan 6 - Call energy provider and schedule an energy audit for your home.Done! Did this a couple of years ago and are almost done replacing windows. Did you know that you can get credit on your energy bill for things like new furnaces and windows?:confused3 Every little bit helps!
Jan 7- Start planning holidays for 2010 now. Plan to do a little bit each week.Done! It will be simple just like 2009!
Jan 8 - Inventory emergency supplies for your car. Scrapper, brush, flashlight and batteries, blanket, small shovel, first ad kit, tool kit, water, sand for traction.Need to work on this one
Jan 9- Home maintenance - new furnace filter, water heater check, clean humidifiers and check filters, test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.Done! DH did this before he left this week-end!

Okay! I'm ready for a big clean in the family room next week-end and caught up with those daily tasks -- for the most part.

Just remember when you get those 2 rooms done the rest is easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Yep! That's what I keep telling myself "easy peasy lemon squeezy!" ::sunny::

Okay, so I tackled the living room last night! I took everything apart, including all those drawers, vacuumed, washed walls, everything. So today I am doing laundry and finishing going through those magazines (I had cupboards full in the living room; I'm over half done now though). Luckily for me, my tv and everything like that is all in the basement, so I can wait to do that until I get to that room. I also realize I have a lot of knickknacks; I want to get rid of them, but since I am having a yard sale this summer I will wait until then - finding place to store boxes is actually more of a concern than storing the knickknacks on display where they are now.

all my junk drawers are in my kitchen cant I clean them when I do the kitchen? Please??/ I dont wanna clean anymore. I did every room today (minus the guest/junk/scraping/craft/office/ dumping ground)

That's fine. I know the lists contradict themselves at some point.
All I'm focusing on is laundry today!

Okay, so I tackled the living room last night! I took everything apart, including all those drawers, vacuumed, washed walls, everything. So today I am doing laundry and finishing going through those magazines (I had cupboards full in the living room; I'm over half done now though). Luckily for me, my tv and everything like that is all in the basement, so I can wait to do that until I get to that room. I also realize I have a lot of knickknacks; I want to get rid of them, but since I am having a yard sale this summer I will wait until then - finding place to store boxes is actually more of a concern than storing the knickknacks on display where they are now.

Great job!!
Could you rent a small storage unit to store the boxes as you work through the rooms? Then when it's time for the sale your items will all be in one place and all you have to do is price and display.

Great job!!
Could you rent a small storage unit to store the boxes as you work through the rooms? Then when it's time for the sale your items will all be in one place and all you have to do is price and display.

I would love to be able to, but unfortunately $ is pretty tight right now. I packed some into boxes in the garage, but that is getting full now too. I think I will just have to wait. Fabulous idea though - if it works out, I definitely will do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter