Opinion Thread: Whats your favorite place for a sit down lunch in WDW

Biergarten.

Cool, dark, nicely themed. Entertainment, but not constant. Reisling and a buffet that keeps calling me back: "pretzel rolls...cucumber salad...wursts...streudel w/vanilla sauce..."!!!

Skipper canteen people, how do you like it? I should say, what is to like? seems different for sure and willing to give it a try. The menu looks good.
We really enjoyed Skippers Canteen on our last trip, We all got the Whole Fried Fish and it was delicious. I love the theme of the Restaurant, also it was very pretty, felt like you went back in time in an old movie. I have Ressies for Oct.

I will skip buffets only because for myself, I don't care to be that full after lunch, but for price or schedule reasons we will opt for buffet lunch sometimes.

Liberty Tree Tavern was really good.
Hollywood Brown Derby had a delicious chicken sandwich on their lunch menu and great service.
The Plaza is a good step above quick service option.
Sci Fi had really delicious burgers and a yummy cucumber salad. Haven't tried the milk shakes but I hear great things.
Raglan Road is delicious for any meal, but entertainment is only at dinner it seems.

Biergarten.

Cool, dark, nicely themed. Entertainment, but not constant. Reisling and a buffet that keeps calling me back: "pretzel rolls...cucumber salad...wursts...streudel w/vanilla sauce..."!!!

This is one of our all time favorite meals at Disney but if looking for a lighter lunch may not be the best bet. We always leave this place feeling like we are about to explode because the food is so good.

Skipper canteen people, how do you like it? I should say, what is to like? seems different for sure and willing to give it a try. The menu looks good.

Loved it! We had excellent service and the ambiance is really nice. I had the pork and DH had the chicken. Both really good meals. The bread was also rather unique and delicious.

My favorite table service lunches during our family trip this past week were 50's Prime Time Cafe (hilarious and excellent server, and the "blue plate special" was lamb shank with gouda grits SO GOOD) and Grand Floridian Cafe (Lobster Benedict and a Florida Sunshine cocktail, probably the best meal I had on this trip).

Really liked our lunch at Skipper Canteen - everyone's meal was tasty, and there are some lighter options available which make good lunches on a hot day. We also got their slushy drink (Schweitzer slush?) which was not as sickeningly sweet as lots of blended drinks (it was still pretty sweet, though) and had yummy boba balls to drink/play with (the kids loved these). The restaurant is interesting to look at, and our server was cracking lots of silly Jungle Cruise type jokes, which was also entertaining (but he wasn't in our face at all, and his wisecracking wasn't intrusive - if we hadn't been into it, I'm sure he would have turned it off). It think it was, overall, my favorite in-park table service meal.

Magic Kingdom
Liberty Tree (Disney Dining Plan)
Jungle Skipper Canteen (Out Of Pocket)

Epcot
Teppan Edo (DDP)
Spice Road (OOP)

Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Brown Derby/HBD Lounge (OOP)

Animal Kingdom (trying Tiffins in September!)
Tusker House (DDP)
Yak n Yeti (OOP)

Resorts
Haven't tried it yet but I hear very good things about Sanaa. I've enjoyed both breakfast and dinner at The Wave. Trail's End at Ft Wilderness is a good value and a visit to the campground makes for a nice break.

Disney Springs
We like lunch at Raglan Road but I haven't tried any of the newer TS in Disney Springs.

Cam I assume that places marked OOP are less expensive than places marked DDP? And if so, can you verify that Jungle Skipper Canteen is usually less expensive? I thought it was more expensive.

Jungle Skipper is less expensive for me. I don't order dessert there but can't eat at Liberty Tree without having the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

I like a nice quiet lunch to get out of sun and crowds. They took my favorite away, which was Trail's End, and the weekend brunch buffet isn't as quiet. I've replaced it with Whispering Canyon, the boat ride is a nice way to relax.

Other favorites:
Grand Floridian Café
Le Celier (dark is nice)
Chefs de France (not quiet, but I like pretending I'm on a sidewalk in Paris)
I've only done San Angel Inn for dinner, but lunch would be good too
Liberty Tree (followed by parade, then Hall of Presidents if it ever reopens...that's like 3 hours of sitting, an excellent midday break!)
SciFi (a little on the loud side)

last year at food and wine when I needed a break from the crowds, I stepped into the beach club and grabbed a soda from their quick service and hung out in their solarium, even though I wasn't a guest there! It was quite serene.

Another vote for Skipper Canteen! We've been there for lunch during our last two trips. Good service, yummy, interesting food. I've had their lamb, and their pasta dish- both great. The pork appetizer (I forgot its name) was excellent. I love the decor. It's a relatively calm oasis in the hustle and bustle of MK.

Our favorite place to eat is 50s Prime Time. We eat there every trip. Sometimes twice. We also like Trail's End.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter