Opinion Thread: Whats your favorite place for a sit down lunch in WDW

I like Sci-Fi. It's always been consistently good and it's very cute.

Hollywood Brown Derby is nice but I just feel weird being in that nice restaurant in between a sweaty park tour.

It's counter service but Columbia Harbour House has always been a nice place to have a quick lunch.

50's Prime Time is super cheesy but the food is great and filling.

I used to love San Angel Inn but the last time we were there in December 2015 the table obviously needed to be repaired because it was rocking back and forth. The server just reached for a couple of coasters and tried to fix it that way. We also waited over 15 minutes for someone to arrive with menus and get our drink orders in. We decided to leave. I'm thinking about giving it another try next month but I've been reading TripAdvisor reviews and I saw a couple of people mention uncooked chicken. :scared:

I really wanted to like Yak & Yeti. That was years ago but it didn't live up to the hype. I would just try the quick service option.

Another vote for Sci-Fi. Food is good, atmosphere is fantastic. You'll know who my family is because we're saying, "Seen it!" to most of the movies shown in the clip reel.

MK - LTT
Epcot - Coral Reef and Tutto Italia. We love Chefs and LC for dinner but could be lunch as well.
DHS - HBD. We love 50's PTC for dinner but could be lunch as well.
AK - Rainforest Cafe.

AK- Yack & Yetti
Epcot- San Angle Inn
HS- Hollywood Brown Derby
MK- Skipper Canteen was a nice surprise. We also like BOG .

Skipper Canteen
The Wave (OK, I haven't actually had lunch there, but their breakfast and dinner were great)
Captain's Grille (ditto)
Sci Fi Dine In
Tusker House
(Kona Café used to be one of my favorite lunch places, but their new menu doesn't look good to me)

Skipper canteen people, how do you like it? I should say, what is to like? seems different for sure and willing to give it a try. The menu looks good.

I love Chefs de France and Via Napoli for sit down lunch.

This is more of an experience, but have you considered the Grand Floridian tea room? My mother, sister and I had a really fun time there when we went two years ago.

Hollywood Brown Derby is nice but I just feel weird being in that nice restaurant in between a sweaty park tour.

I have never personally liked The brown derby, food was always "meh" I could get a better steak at yacht house, flying fish, or le cellier in canada. Unless people have had a better experience and they revamped it from my experience 2 years ago?

Brown Derby (DHS) or Skipper Canteen (MK)
Im excited to try skippers canteen
But what is your opinion for Brown Derby, every meal Ive had there was meh. Have they gotten better? Ive always felt like a better steak was just a boat ride away!

A late lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe followed by a water launch (water taxi) over to Magic Kingdom for the Halloween or Christmas party.

I have never personally liked The brown derby, food was always "meh" I could get a better steak at yacht house, flying fish, or le cellier in canada. Unless people have had a better experience and they revamped it from my experience 2 years ago?
Are you specifically wanting a good steak for lunch? HBD has a pretty large selection, so even if their steak isn't the best on property, there are plenty of other things to consider.
If the steak is important, just go to Le Cellier. I think it's the only "good steak" restaurant that's open for lunch, isn't it?

For lunch I think Spice Road is my favorite. Love sitting in the patio area looking at the water and always get the Olive and Hummus plate, which is light and not over filling, and a gallon or two of the Mint Iced Tea which is ever so refreshing.

Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree for AK, 50's Prime Time or Backlot Express for HS, Chef's De France or Sunshine Seasons for Epcot, and Friar's Nook in MK has delicious mac and cheese!

Im excited to try skippers canteen
But what is your opinion for Brown Derby, every meal Ive had there was meh. Have they gotten better? Ive always felt like a better steak was just a boat ride away!

I usually get a salad/soup or the chicken. Their wine list is a plus too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!