Opinion Thread: Whats your favorite place for a sit down lunch in WDW

hillg1868

Mouseketeer
Hey There, Hi There, Ho There!
Title speaks for itself but we just cancelled "be our guest" and now looking for a GOOD sit down lunch, can be ANYWHERE in the WDW resort. Ready, steady.......wait for it!!!!!.................GO!

We've done LOTS of sit-down lunches over the years at WDW. Two of our favorites are Liberty Tree Tavern and Grand Floridian Cafe. They were the most relaxing and air conditioned. Food and service were good. I also enjoyed Sanaa, but the last few years, lunch has gotten much busier-I think the secret's out. Rose and Crown was nice, sitting on the back porch watching the boats, but depending on the time of year, it might be hot.

2nd 50's Prime Time. Love the food and the interaction with the cast members is fantastic......if you don't mind being feed airplane style for not eating all your veggies:P

Be Our Guest. Love to duck into that pretty restaurant & get out of the heat.

One for each park
AK--Tiffins
EP--Chefs de France
HS--Hollywood Brown Derby
MK--Jungle Navigation Company

Another vote for Hollywood Brown Derby, the burger I had at Sci-Fi recently was also very good.

I loved the tuna salad at Bog. That might be the best lunch I had the whole trip.

Hm. Maybe runner up would be Rose and crown or beaches and cream or whispering Canyon. I liked those places but the food really was too heavy for a midday lunch in that weather.

I didn't enjoy my main at Brown Derby but if what you want is some quiet time, your favored beverage, and a snack, it's great for lunch. But I wouldn't say good.

For lunch we enjoyed Homecoming at Disney Springs, best fried chicken! We also liked Yak and Yeti. Liberty tree tavern was great too... The salad and dessert were delicious :)

Lunches I've loved:

Liberty Tree Tavern
50's Prime Time
Tutto Italia
Chef's de France
San Angel Inn

Dinners I've loved that would be great for lunch also:

Le Cellier
Raglan Road

Hey There, Hi There, Ho There!
Title speaks for itself but we just cancelled "be our guest" and now looking for a GOOD sit down lunch, can be ANYWHERE in the WDW resort. Ready, steady.......wait for it!!!!!.................GO!
Do you mean table-service? I sit down no matter where I eat lunch. Did you cancel BOG because you decided not to go to MK that day and are looking for a replacement? I love the lamb shwarma platter at Tangierine Cafe at Epcot for lunch, and I always sit down to eat. :duck:

For table-service, I really enjoy Yak&Yeti Restaurant (not Local Food Cafe) at AK. Recommend the Lettuce cups, Malaysian Seafood Curry, and the fried wontons dessert.
I sit down there too.

Last edited:
I'll join in with the one in each park - if you are looking for Table Service:

AK - Yak & Yeti
EP - Via Napoli
HS - Brown Derby
MK - Meh...not really a fan of any Table Service in MK.

and Quick Service:

AK - Flame Tree BBQ
EP - Sunshine Seasons or Cantina de San Angel
HS - Min & Bill's or Fairfax Fare
MK - Sleepy Hollow or Tomorrowland Terrace

I hate being too full, anytime, but especially after lunch, walking around in the heat, so I LOVE Spice Road Table and HDB Lounge. You can eat all you want, or not, and I like the laid back, alfresco atmosphere - especially at SRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter