• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

I know it's late, so I'm not sure how helpful this is at this point, but here's my info:

Silver

Wonder 5/20
7A 1A1K (so, 2A) $5614.86 [2614.50][2614.50][385.86 taxes/fees] no ins/trans/air/yes OBB (would have been $6195.86 if no OBB)
11A 2A $3815.86 [1715.50][1715.50][385.86 taxes/fees] no ins/trans/air/OBB
9A 2A $5145.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB
9B 2A $4585.86 no/ins/trans/air/OBB

Wonder 5/27
7A 2A $6615.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB
9A 2A $5425.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB
9B 2A $4865.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB
11A 2A $4095.86 no ins/trans/air/OBB

We booked the 5/20 7A and 11A, so no breakdown for the others, but it's pretty easy to do the math.

Last edited:
Silver
5/27/19
Wonder
7nt Alaska
Connecting 7As
3A3K (11,9,3)

$14,730
Yes obb
No grat/transfers/insurance

Probably going to see how much I can save by doing connecting oceanviews but will wait til tomorrow and look myself before I bother my TA.

Well since your TA was probably on the phone all day (on hold) getting your pricing, booking yourself would be a crappy thing to do.

My TA is a champ. Literally either dealing with a busy signal or on hold for hours, disconnected twice and still managed to get us Concierge on the Magic for the Transatlantic today.
1 Adult, 1 six year old - stateroom 8084:

Category V, Deck 8
Guest 1 Voyage Fare: $4,745.00
Guest 2 Voyage Fare: $4,745.00
Vacation Protection Plan: NOT INCLUDED
Taxes, Fees, & Port Expenses: $268.58
Ground Transfers: DECLINED

Total Due: $9,758.58

Magic 5/25/19 S 7A 2A 1C (3) 6305.18 [2380][2380] [1108.80] [436.38] taxes/fees. No ins trans obb

Last edited:

Well since your TA was probably on the phone all day (on hold) getting your pricing, booking yourself would be a crappy thing to do.

Thats not what I said @plutolovr
I want to look at pricing myself for OVs and another sail date instead of having her call back then call me back etc.

I am saving her a step...she’ll just have to change it to whatever I decide on.

We do all of our bookings through Costco. For all four of our DCL cruises to date, I used Costco for the initial booking (7-night Fantasy, 4-night Dream, 7-night Wonder, and 2-night Wonder - mix of Caribbean and Mexico). In most cases, they didn’t have the same room inventory on their website, so I called Costco, and they in turn called Disney, and secured the desired room for me. They’re not like a traditional travel agent, in that I have to do most of the work. But, I’m an alpha planner, so that works out for me.

The Costco Cash Card is around the 8-ish% mark. I haven’t done a firm analysis, but it’s around there. And it shows up about a week after you return. On my upcoming Western Caribbean, the rate is ~$8,600, and my cash card is $690 (8%).

I made my latest booking (upcoming Western Caribbean) on board last year, and I transferred it to Costco. It took about 2 phone calls and 2 emails. So, I’ll get the on-board credit as well as the cash card upon return. And, if you use your Disney card, you’ll get their rewards as well (1 or 2%, depending on card type). And, finally, if you are an executive member at Costco, you should get the 2% back as well.

Aquadame is right, jump on their website and see what kinds of Cash Card amounts they’re giving for a similar room type and cost. Or, just call up Costco Travel. They should be able to tell you over the phone (assuming you’re a Costco member).

DMM
Thanks!!! I’ll check into that- A little legwork for the reward is completely worth it!

Well after being on hold for 3 hours they picked up 20 minutes AFTER the phone lines were supposed to be closed! Not sure if this helps but I'm giving it to you anyway!

August 26 2019 Disney Wonder 7 night includes Icy Strait Point

S 2A 7A(Navigators) 6559.36
S 2A 9A 5436.36
S 2A 10A 4529.36 [2030/2030/469.36taxes and fees). No OBB/insurance/transfers

We booked the 10A because this is our second time to Alaska and we had a verandah the first time so this time we are going KID FREE and doing more adventurous (and expensive!) excursions ;-)

Well after being on hold for 3 hours they picked up 20 minutes AFTER the phone lines were supposed to be closed! Not sure if this helps but I'm giving it to you anyway!

August 26 2019 Disney Wonder 7 night includes Icy Strait Point

S 2A 7A(Navigators) 6559.36
S 2A 9A 5436.36
S 2A 10A 4529.36 [2030/2030/469.36taxes and fees). No OBB/insurance/transfers

We booked the 10A because this is our second time to Alaska and we had a verandah the first time so this time we are going KID FREE and doing more adventurous (and expensive!) excursions ;-)

So glad to hear they picked up for you 20 minutes after the lines were to close, as I am still on hold :sad1: Hopefully they pick up soon :worship: 3 hours and counting.

I wanted to thank AquaDame and CamColt for starting this and keeping up the cost trending data on the front page. Much, much, much appreciated. :thanks:

As the Silver booking window comes to an end, and the online tool becomes active for the general population, I'm guessing postings here start to die down. This is the first time I've booked on opening day (well, third day), and I found this thread extremely useful.

Also, thanks to all of the contributors who made the busy signals, 3 hour wait times, and endless Disney music tolerable...

I'm sure we'll all meet again when Fall/Winter 2019 releases. :-)

Happy Cruising!

Anytime!! We literally couldn't do it without you all, so thank you for taking the time to come back and share with us too! I do cease to update once everything is released online since if anyone wants a price they can get them in real time anyway and there are sites that pull data directly from the websites that can paint a more thorough picture than we can do here. Our work here is done... :thumbsup2

I know it's late, so I'm not sure how helpful this is at this point, but here's my info:

Oh, it's always useful! Even if not tonight or tomorrow people will be referring back to these for a long time - especially next summer release! Data doesn't really expire even if it gets outdated. :teacher:

I'll be adding the latest batch to the list now up to here! If there are any further P, G, or S quotes please feel free to continue to share those for anyone who wants to refer back to this list later in the future.

Wonder July 8, 2019 11B 1A1K (13) $5558.98 [2551.5] [2551.5] Taxes/Fees/Port Expenses: 455.98 No ins/ No transfers/ No air/ Yes OBB
Silver

Ohh, you are right. When I checked my reservation online yesterday, the Change Stateroom option wasn't there. But it is today and I can see the other rooms available to book. Cool!

When I go in I dont see a change stateroom option. I want to change mine because I’m on the port side for the 8 night Mediterranean in/from Rome and I think starboard is better.

When I go in I dont see a change stateroom option. I want to change mine because I’m on the port side for the 8 night Mediterranean in/from Rome and I think starboard is better.

If you are using a TA that is one of the options not available to you - your TA should be able to swap sides for you though easily if one is available!

Caught up to here!

Just realized that we booked a 5D for our August 10th Eastern Caribbean and we needed a 4C. D'oh!! Guess I can check the price difference tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too nuts!

Also can update pricing on that:
August 10 Eastern Caribbean, 5D, 3A
Guest 1 Voyage Fare: $2,425.50
Guest 2 Voyage Fare: $2,425.50
Guest 3 Voyage Fare: $1,386.00
Vacation Protection Plan: NOT INCLUDED
Taxes, Fees, & Port Expenses: $316.56
Ground Transfers: DECLINED

Total Due: $6,553.56

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter