** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Anyone going to Alaska on the Wonder have info on their tax/fees? I'm browsing what I can find and wondering if there is a certain date during the summer that they increase? We're going mid-August and they are very high vs. what they were for 2018 and what I'm seeing on some earlier summer bookings posted here.

ETA: Now I'm really perplexed - our tax/fees are also twice as much as a couple of reports on here for the weeks right after us for similar bookings. Can any other Costco bookings weigh in on tax/fees?

Thank you! Do you know your fare amounts for the 2A1K? We're 2A1K in a 9B same cruise and tax/fees are $1200! Did you book through Disney or Costco?

We are 2A1K, 9B and also got prices for the Aug 12 - $6355 with OBB.
I’m not sure on the exact breakdown for this one but I got the exact breakdown for August 19 (which is one we are booking) and the taxes are $578. It’s all in post #1 of this thread.

Apparently there are a lot more DVC members who have never cruised who decided they wanted to. It was bad the last release, but I don't think it was this bad - the primary difference (well, besides the obvious time of year and itineraries) seems to be the DVC members as Platinum and Gold did not seem from reports on here to be that much different from last release.

I said in another thread DCL should of had it like this.

Monday first day for platinum
Tuesday first day for gold
Wednesday first day for silver
Thursday first day for dvc members
Friday everyone

Maybe DCL will learn from their mistakes. Also a lot of people were off today because of the snow. Meaning maybe platinum and gold were calling in since they had the day off and couldn’t call on Monday or Tuesday

I said in another thread DCL should of had it like this.

Monday first day for platinum
Tuesday first day for gold
Wednesday first day for silver
Thursday first day for dvc members
Friday everyone

Maybe DCL will learn from their mistakes. Also a lot of people were off today because of the snow. Meaning maybe platinum and gold were calling in since they had the day off and couldn’t call on Monday or Tuesday

Yep. It seems like everything combined to make it a dumpster fire today.

After busy signals for hours and then on hold for close to 3 hours, here are the quotes I received :

Alaska wonder May 27 2A/2K
9D 6837.37
10A 6936.36
11A 6333.36

Ended up going 9B 7666.44

Alaska Wonder June 3 2A/2K

9A 8596.36
10A 7604.70
11A 6785.70

All no ins/trans/air but yes OBB
I could not believe these prices. Sheesh.

Thanks so much!!! I'm looking at the 08-24 really wanted a Verandah but now I'm nervous my 2a2k budget is 7200. Wish we could go 9-7 but alas I'm a teacher! Also sorry I'm new to this what does OBB stand for?

On board booking. We booked a placeholder on our last cruise which gives us a 10% discount off the price. Enjoy your first cruise!!

Just to confirm - if my TA put a hold for me, it should show up in my DCL account pretty quickly, right?

I decided to try calling myself and am on hold, but also keep checking my account to see if a reservation shows up.

Disney Magic 9/8/19 11B, 2A $3658.32 (1680) (1680) no ins/trans/OBB

I was in tears because after holding forever (not to mention 2+hours of busy signals) I accidentally leaned against my phone and hung up right after the cast member had picked the room. I was sobbing and then a few minutes later I received my hold confirmation email. We hadn’t even gotten to prices, but I am so thankful that she put it through regardless. She saved my day for sure!!
That’s a good a CM! She deserves a raise!

Question everyone- I am on hold (seems like forever) I am reading up on the room I want and it states it does not have a Murphy bed. Is that the bed with stairs that my daughter used last time?

Wanted to contribute!

Magic - July 14th, Western Europe
S 5A 4A $12,610.48 [4,445 4,445, 1,575, 1,575] no ins/no trans/no air/OBB

Magic - July 21st, Norwegian Fjords
S 5A 4A $21,109.84 [8,030, 8,030, 2,200, 2,200] no ins/no trans/no air/OBB

Question everyone- I am on hold (seems like forever) I am reading up on the room I want and it states it does not have a Murphy bed. Is that the bed with stairs that my daughter used last time?

A murphy bed pulls down to the floor from the wall. Not the same as the pull-down bunk which uses a ladder to get to it.

Silver member
Total: $14,076.87
Fantasy 8 Night Eastern 06/22/2019 7A 2A $6256.00 [3024|3024] no ins/no trans/no air/OBB
Fantasy 8 Night Eastern 06/22/2019 6B 2A/1K [9] $8070.81 [3067.20|3067.20|1624.32] no ins/no trans/no air/OBB

Got the cruise I wanted, but my pipe dream of two connecting 5E rooms failed to happen. On the bright side I got one of the connecting rooms that are different categories, leading to slight savings... So that was good.

A murphy bed pulls down to the floor from the wall. Not the same as the pull-down bunk which uses a ladder to get to it.
Thanks!! That sounded right, but wanted to make sure to not disappoint my daughter :) crossing my fingers it is available.

Booked Alaska September 2 cat 4A 3a2k 10,12 $11652.83 onboard credit. No transfers or vacation plan protection

Hi! Im a newbie and silver for the first time. Ive not managed to get through all day so far.... I have a placeholder I want to use. Does anyone know if I can book online tomorrow (If i cant get through before) and then later call to add my placeholder? Or is there a way to book online using the placeholder? Thanks!!

Wanted to share what was comical with my booking experience today (probably less so for somebody on hold right now/getting a busy signal and reading this post):

1. Called at 8am (on the dot) - got on hold right away - first dial.

2. 10:58am finally got a CM to pick up.

3. I politely jokingly (small talk) tell the CM that I was on hold for 3 hours - wow! It didn't phase him in the slightest. Very nice man, he apologizes - I tell him there's no need - yadda yadda etc. a few off the cuff jokes - it's all good.

4. I know what cruise I want, which date, down to what (in order of preference) rooms I want .... there is no thinking / checking / comparing at all. I have my OBB reservation number ready - my credit card ready .... there is no thinking what-so-ever required other than here's my info/money/book it.

5. Following that, I was on the phone for 25+ minutes talking to the CM about nothing really. I didn't initiate much of the conversation. The CM couldn't stop with the small talk - great guy - we talked about his adventures of crossing over the boarder to Ontario/Canada and drinking in his youth, to the drinking age in Quebec, to his son and how he doesn't like cruising, to this being my son's last hurrah in Vibe, to the fact that the room we chose is usually not available, to his parents who live in NY City .... At one point I kind of hinted that we should probably move things along - people are waiting - and finally we finish with my payment/resi.

Anyway, really nice CM - but there was some self-talk going on in my head ... "no wonder I was waiting for 3 hours"

Thought I'd share -- it was pleasant/surreal/humorous - but he didn't seem to have care in the world about the backlog of calls - which made me laugh/smile. :joker:

Hi! Im a newbie and silver for the first time. Ive not managed to get through all day so far.... I have a placeholder I want to use. Does anyone know if I can book online tomorrow (If i cant get through before) and then later call to add my placeholder? Or is there a way to book online using the placeholder? Thanks!!
You have to call in to get the placeholdler moved into a booking for a cruise. After that you can do changes online.

Silver - Magic 8-Night Mediterranean 06/14/2019 7A 2A $6650.70 [3132|3132] no ins/no trans/no air; yes OBB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter