Opening a new Halifax share dealing account

How long should i wait before i contact them to check it all arrived ok?? Oh said that it went through fine and i gave him the right number so i was expecting an email to confirm it all??

I will give them until Friday, I think...

If I were you, I'd give them until Friday. Sometimes they're really quick at replying to emails, other times not so quick so I guess it's how busy they are.

Hope you both hear soon as it's horrible waiting for things. :wizard: :wizard:

My oh faxed through the contract note and shareholders form yesterday morning at 10am and i have still not recieved a comfirmation email.How long should i wait before i contact them to check it all arrived ok?? Oh said that it went through fine and i gave him the right number so i was expecting an email to confirm it all??

I haven't received a confirmation email yet either, faxed mine late Friday pm, but I'm guessing it would've been after office hours, will leave it a little longer before I chase them up as we're not back at dlp for a couple of months yet, last time I didn't get an email from them at all, but I think that was before they had an accessible online section on the shareholders website.

I thought it rather odd that when you fill in the online application form, it then gives you a pdf form to print out, fill out again, then fax it! I only emailed the copy of my contract note and then put my full details at the bottom of the page, (name, address etc) in the hope they would be able to find the online application with those details and put them together.

I thought it rather odd that when you fill in the online application form, it then gives you a pdf form to print out, fill out again, then fax it! I only emailed the copy of my contract note and then put my full details at the bottom of the page, (name, address etc) in the hope they would be able to find the online application with those details and put them together.

I might be wrong but I assumed the fax copy was to provide a copy of your signature and acceptance of the terms and conditions of the shareholders club membership.
I think you will need to fax a signed copy of the application form.

I might be wrong but I assumed the fax copy was to provide a copy of your signature and acceptance of the terms and conditions of the shareholders club membership.
I think you will need to fax a signed copy of the application form.

Hmm...good point. Well, I shall get right on that tomorrow. I'm in no hurry, however sooner rather than later preferred :rotfl: I tend to do these things when I'm half asleep and generally get the wrong end of the stick.

Like us you've got 2 months to go, with so many of us joining at the same time we'll know if anyone's application has gone astray, I'm sure we'll all be keeping each other uptodate, wonder who'll get their card first. :rotfl:

Absolutely...11 weeks ish and counting! Even if it takes 6 weeks, that's still 5 weeks to spare :-)! Whereabouts are you staying? I can't see it listed under your ticker?

Initially we were booked into HNY as my youngest and I stayed there in January this year and loved it, so I thought it would be nice to take the rest of the family there too. All was fine until DS's realised they'd be sharing a bed :scared1: so it was back to Cheyenne. I shouldn't complain they let me change my booking at no extra cost and in the process I saved over £200. :)
Oh and as we arrive late evening I've got 1 night at the Kyriad booked, it made sense when we were staying at HNY, because it made a considerable saving on the cost of an extra night, probably haven't saved as much now we're back at Cheyenne.

I've just bought my 21 shares today :goodvibes But when I try to fax it says 'Line busy'. It's been line busy for a while I don't deal well with waiting! Especially as i'm using the work fax so dont want people to see the disney info instead of work lol.

Now just awaiting the real deal to land on my doormat! got the confirmation email with shareholder number and log in details to shareholders personal space, plus 2 shareholders email newsletters (same one twice!) a few days later! It made little sense to me, but made me feel part of the magic...or part of the business that makes the magic.tee hee.

Now just awaiting the real deal to land on my doormat! got the confirmation email with shareholder number and log in details to shareholders personal space, plus 2 shareholders email newsletters (same one twice!) a few days later! It made little sense to me, but made me feel part of the magic...or part of the business that makes the magic.tee hee.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Let's hope the rest of ours are all following behind :goodvibes

I don't know why my application took soooo much longer than everyone else's but that's my £100 just moved today (I originally phoned 2 weeks ago)
So I've missed the fee waiver, my own fault for leaving it late. But the share price has also gone up to 4.1 making it £82 for 20 shares plus £17.50 = £99.50
Do you think the price will go back down if I just wait a few weeks? Did it maybe go up with so many people taking advantage of the fee waiver?

Yay i recieved my confirmation email and details yesterday by email.At last,was begining to worry,just have to wait for the lovely little card package to drop on the door mat now!!

Yay i recieved my confirmation email and details yesterday by email.At last,was begining to worry,just have to wait for the lovely little card package to drop on the door mat now!!

Excellent news :thumbsup2 , how long did it take for you?

Bought my shares - the price dipped this morning got them for £85 including fee.
I have emailed Halifax asking for proof of purchase. So excited can't wait to get my card!!!

Bought my shares - the price dipped this morning got them for £85 including fee.
I have emailed Halifax asking for proof of purchase. So excited can't wait to get my card!!!

Great :thumbsup2! I'm sure you will definitely save that in one trip :banana:

Great :thumbsup2! I'm sure you will definitely save that in one trip :banana:

We will save loads more I think we are three adults going for five nights in November then going again next June as 2 adults and hopefully 3 again in November 2011....that's lots of savings! Especially as we spend loads in the shops :) I'm going to count up exactly how much i save over two years lol

We will save loads more I think we are three adults going for five nights in November then going again next June as 2 adults and hopefully 3 again in November 2011....that's lots of savings! Especially as we spend loads in the shops :) I'm going to count up exactly how much i save over two years lol

Ha ha me too! If I buy us annual passes (still undecided) I've worked out it's paid for itself for 3 of us already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter