Opening a new Halifax share dealing account

zinderella

DIS Veteran
Hi All

I set up a Halifax share dealing account (all online!!) on thursday, and activated it this evening after receiving my letter this morning. When I set it up first of all on thursday it asked me for the £100, so I added my bank details, debit card etc and filled in 100.00 in the initial transfer box.

When I activated the account this evening and checked my available to invest amount it says 00.00, but there is a transfer funds button.

My question is do I have to add the £100 in now that I have activated the account, or will the amount go in automatically from when I set it up???

I don't want £200 going out of my bank by mistake!!!

Can anyone advise???:confused3

Many thanks

I would call them, when I did it it was through my husbands online a/c and there was already something set up so as soon as i transfered the £100 it showed up.

if it does put in £200 you can get it back though instantly doing the reverse.

Hi It takes a few hours for the money to be shown on your account so don't add another £100. Check in the morning, it should show up by then. The whole process doesn't take long. It was about two weeks ago I bought them and received my shareholders card on Friday. :thumbsup2

Hi It takes a few hours for the money to be shown on your account so don't add another £100. Check in the morning, it should show up by then. The whole process doesn't take long. It was about two weeks ago I bought them and received my shareholders card on Friday. :thumbsup2

Thank you, you've put my mind at rest!!! The whole process was really quick for you - brilliant!:goodvibes

Can't wait to be a shareholder...reckon at this rate Salon Mickey might as well be the Dis Boards Meeting house!!!!!:rotfl:

I've checked again this morning, still showing no funds, but realised that it might not show 'til Monday as maybe nothing happens over the weekend?

i did mine about 2 weeks ago and the same thing happened to me, the money was there when i checked monday morning and i invested then :-) once you have brought the shares ask the live help person for proof of purchase of your shares and then once you have that (asked for it on the monday and arrived on the tues) you can fax it all over to the shareholders number and you will be on your way. I faxed mine over at 9am and got a confirmation into the shareholders club at 11am and then asked for a temp membership card and that came on the wednesday! Supper fast service :thumbsup2 and i used it for the first time yesterday in the disney store

Just opened my account and deposited the £100, but how long does it take for the temporary password and pin to come through ?
Says I have to wait for the temp password to come before I can login ? Was that the same for everyone else.
I've had the email with my username.
Thanks in advance :goodvibes

Hi Jill I opened the account on Thursday, got call from them friday, got letter with temp password Saturday,activated account sat night, using the username they emailed me and the password that was in the letter.
Hope that helps

i did mine about 2 weeks ago and the same thing happened to me, the money was there when i checked monday morning and i invested then :-) once you have brought the shares ask the live help person for proof of purchase of your shares and then once you have that (asked for it on the monday and arrived on the tues) you can fax it all over to the shareholders number and you will be on your way. I faxed mine over at 9am and got a confirmation into the shareholders club at 11am and then asked for a temp membership card and that came on the wednesday! Supper fast service :thumbsup2 and i used it for the first time yesterday in the disney store
That all sounds brilliant, hope mine is as easy, thanks for posting - should be able to buy them next week to take advantage of no fee dealing.

Thankyou, must remember to keep my phone with me then tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Just found the share price, will go for 20 this time rather than messing about with the shareholder club fee, it doesn't cost that much more for 20 shares than buying 5 and adding on the 30 euro charge.

I've just registered for my account too - hoping it will all come through before Friday to benefit from the free dealing.

So excited about owning my own wee bit of Disneyland Paris :goodvibes - oh and the 15% off, and Salon Mickey, and everything else that goes with it!

I've done it.....shares bought, cost me £70 and a few pence, and no fee. Yipee!

What do I do next? What page do I print off or screen shot to send to the shareholders club?

I've done it.....shares bought, cost me £70 and a few pence, and no fee. Yipee!

What do I do next? What page do I print off or screen shot to send to the shareholders club?

You need to complete your shareholders club application which you will find on the shareholders club site and then you need to print of your contract note which I remember having to hunt around to find - somewhere on the drop downs on the left hand side of the Halifax site I think - and I just posted that to Disney got the card back in a couple of weeks.

ok...form filled, printed and faxed, Contract note printed off From Halifax website, all has been faxed off this afternoon.

Received email, now to wait for my card!!!

I'm guessing if they are not happy with my proof of shares they will email me?

I'm not going until Oct so plenty of time for things to go wrong and then be put right!!!

:banana::cool1::banana:

Congrats Zinderella :banana:
Got my phonecall this morning, still waiting on the password, hopefully it'll come tomorrow, told the lady what shares I was after and why and she said the contract note that you can get online is fine for the shareholders club application, she said they get the same question from all people buying Eurodisney shares and wondered what was the deal. Think I convinced her to get some too :rotfl:

I purchased my shares yesterday, printed off the share holder application from & a printed copy of the Halifax contract note today, faxed over at lunchtime & received a email saying I will receive the share holders card in a few weeks, so fingers crossed I get it before I go in a few weeks!! It was all very simple tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter