OOO WAHH SHAA GAHH (brushing up on my whale)-A Cruise Trip Report Update 3/21

That slide is crazy at Atlantis! That's cool you got to explore the resort. Love Mickey and Minnie in their formal wear!

Love your trip report! We are hoping to go on that cruise soon so I can't wait to read more!

Chapter 15: The Magic of Disney Animation

So like I said when i left off, We were on our way to dinner!
Tonight we were eating at...

Animators Palate!
It was soooooo cool! We had sometime before the doors opened so we took pictures in the hall leading up to the door!

My girl Tink!

Mater

Hook!

Pinnochio!

Wendy, Peter, Michael and John! (My favorite!)

Mike and Sulley!

Flynn and Rapunzel!

Ariel and Sebastian!

NEMO!

Mickey Mouse!

Then I noticed that Ralph was on the wall! But he was cut off everywhere! I needed to find the whole picture of ralph!!!

I love Cruella!!!

I like that it was called "Attitude Pose"

The entrance!

Then while waiting someone came waltzing by!

DAISY! I like seeing the characters in their formal wear!
Can't forget the selfie!

It was finally time to go in! And right when we were passing through the doors I saw it!!

Ralph!!!

The table number thing at the restaurant was super cool!

I wanted to steal it haha!

This is the restaurant!! Isn't it soo cool!
we were close to the Aladdin picture!

I love everything about this restaurant! And the magic hasn't even started yet!!
Tune in for more!

Continued In Next Post!

Animator's Palate was always my favorite restaurant on the past cruises I've been on.

I have loved reading your TR, is getting me more and more excited about the cruise I'm going on in May. Although I'm going on the Fantasy!

Chapter 16: More Animation!

So like I said we were at Animators Palate to eat dinner!
In classic Disney Fashion they brought us bread!

I decided to take more pictures of the restaurant!

I love how the butter knife was shaped like a paint brush!

My Mother had a salad!

I had the potato soup!

Then I noticed that the salad plate had a different design on it than the bread plates!

On the bread plate it was in black and white!

And then it was colored in!!

SUDDENLY! THE PICTURE OF ALADDIN DISAPPEARED!
All of the pictures around the restaurant went blank and then it magically started sketching Disney Characters!

Ariel!

Our food came!

My mom had the scallops!

My Dad had a pasta dish!

And I had pork!
It was soo good!

Peter!

I thought the Dessert Menu looked cool!

MMMM My mom had chocolate cake!

I had Chocolate Cheese cake!!

My dad had a sundae again!
The pictures then started to get colored in!!

Don't worry there is more!!!

Continued In Next Post!

Chapter 17: The End to a Magical Night!

So like we left off the pictures were coloring themselves in!

Tiana
I love her!

Dory!

When suddenly the whole restaurant changed!

And then someone appeared!!

It seemed like a completely different restaurant!

It was an amazing show! Sooooooo cool!!

After that we returned to our room and found this!!

I decided to go back out and see if any characters were out!
I ran into this guy in the hallway!!

So cool!!

And the selfie!

Someone was also in the atrium!

After that I headed to our room and went to sleep! We would be heading to Castaway Cay (pronounced Key) in the morning! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Continued In Next Post

Chapter 18: Surf Surf Crazy!

Good Morning! Well it was!
We woke up bright and early so we could get to the Island!
We had reservations to go on a boat to a snorkeling spot!
UNFORTUNATELY the winds were too intense to go out! So we got a full refund!
I wasn't really mad because its not Disney's fault and I have snorkeled when it was really windy and it really isn't fun! We still had a little time to spare before we could get off the boat so we went to Cabanas for breakfast!
It was just a traditional breakfast so I had what I always do!

On our way out of the restaurant I finally got some pictures of the restaurant!

Well I got two! haha!

We then went to take some pictures of Castaway Cay!

We were then allowed to get off the boat!

As soon as we got off we saw a friend!

There was a little walk to where the shops and stuff are. There was a tram but the walk wasn't that bad!

It was good that we walked because we ran into some friends!!

First up was...

PLUTO!!!

And next was...

Minnie!

And I got a selfie with her!

We were finally to the area where the family beach was and some of the shops!!

So funny!

There was a cat!

HAHA!!!

We decided to hop on the tram that takes us to the Adults only beach! It is 18+ and it is called Serenity Bay!

When we got there it was way too windy there so we headed back to the family beach! The tram ran down the former runway because the island used to be an airstrip!

After we found a spot on the beach we went and got some drinks (Non Alcoholic of course)!

More fun is to be had!

Continued In Next Post!

Chapter 19: The Black Pearl!

So after we finished our drinks I decided it was time... I was going to go into the water! The wind was gusting at me, I felt the cool mist on my face! And knew that the water would be chilly!

It was... really cold! After my adventure in the "deep" seas! I decided to go on a treasure hunt! And look who I found!!

Captain Jack Sparrow!!!!
And the Selfie!!!

I then spent a lot of the time taking pictures around the island!

Around the island attached to the restrooms were a ton of crates and they had some fun stuff written on them!

More pix coming up!!

Continued In Next Post

Chapter 20: YO HO! YO HO!

After we spent some time on the beach we decided it was time for some lunch!
On Castaway Cay there are two places in the family section of the island to eat.
Cookies BBQ and Cookies Too.
We ate at Cookies Too!
It was a buffet of BBQ it was so good!

And dessert!!

It was amazingly good!!!

I then took this picture!

Just in case you didn't get the joke earlier!

It started to sprinkle and get really cold so we headed back to the ship!
On our way back I saw this sign...

Bob Iger what a guy!
Once we were back on the ship i got a panoramic picture of the artium... I am not sure how it will show up on here so here is hoping!!!

I decided to explore the ship... for those of you who want to go on a disney cruise and have children, there are great clubs on board that your kids can play in while you relax. (You should have a vacation too!)
If your child is still a little one there is the...

"It's a Small World Nursery" I didn't get a chance to go inside because I am neither a baby or a parent. I do get a chance to go into the kids clubs a little later in the trip so keep your eyes peeled!
After some exploring... I realized that it was almost time for some characters to come out!
And did I mention the theme for tonight was Pirates!
I exited the boat because someone was supposed to be at the gang plank!

Stitch!!!
(Pirate Stitch at that)

After Stitch went inside another group was supposed to come out but because of the rain we headed on to the ship for this meet and greet!

Pirate Chip and Dale!

I then met up with my parents and my mom and I got sandwiches at Daisy's De-Lights"

Mine was turkey and hers was Ham! They were low cal too!

I then went back down towards the atrium to do another meet and greet!
I saw Pirate Minnie meeting!

But I was on a mission to meet the captain himself!

Captain Hook!

It has been a long time since I met Hook at Disneyland last august so it was good to see him again. (And this time his hook wasn't at my throat, Thank God)
I had a little bit of time before the show we were going to see, so I went back to the room and took these gems!

After that we went back to the Walt Disney Theatre to see...

The show was amazing! It was all about Hades being told by the Fates he has to do more evil or he will lose his place as the king of the underworld. So Hades with the help of Pain and Panic, devises a plan to collect up the most evil villains in all the world. Including Ursula, Yzma, Kronk, Scar, Maleficent, The Evil Queen and many more. It was fantastic!
After the show we were heading back to Animators Palate for dinner, because thats where we were assigned!

Continued In Next Post

Just wanted to drop a line and let you know I'm really enjoying your trip report! I followed along on your adventures with Jess - what great memories you two made! Your cruise looks like so much fun. I especially liked the pictures from formal night - Minnie's dress was so pretty! And, of course all the selfies. I hope the weather improves for you. Anxious to read more popcorn::

That's so completely awesome that you meet Jack! I wish that Captain would do meet and greets at Disney World!

Formal Night looked like a lot of fun and I can't wait to see more pictures from Pirate Night!

Wow great trip report so far. I really love DCL! I rode on the Wonder and I really enjoyed it can't wait to go back. I love all the photos of the ship and the ports, looks like you had an amazing time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter