One Attraction You Dont Like

Mickey's Fun Wheel = Mickey's Vomit Wheel :sick::rotfl:

At least, that's what I call it...I don't hate it, but I'd have to be paid very, VERY well to ever get on it again :laughing:

another vote for big ferris wheel with moving cages
scared to death but had to stay cool as i was with dd age 7

might consider riding in in a stationary cage

vicky

another vote for big ferris wheel with moving cages
scared to death but had to stay cool as i was with dd age 7

might consider riding in in a stationary cage

vicky

yeah, what SADIST thought of those moving cages, LOL??!!! the ride would be a lot less off-putting (IMO) if they would turn the seats into traditional ferris wheel-type seats...even if they still had to be enclosed in those cages (i can see the point in doing that for safety reasons). but geez, at least put a bar over our laps or something so we're not holding on for dear life, feeling as though we might be thrown from the cage at any moment.

"Way too dark" in that Mr Toad gets hit by a train and ends up in hell? Most people don't think about that. It's still one of my favorite rides.

I see that some posters have voted a few of my favorite rides off the island - Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. They're state of the art dark rides in my book.

I think I'd vote for (i.e. against) Innoventions. Other than the Tom Morrow robot (voice by Nathan Lane) the building could be used for something much better.

I just rode that and thought "Is the moral of this story that bad drivers will end up in hell?" I do love it though

yeah, what SADIST thought of those moving cages, LOL??!!! the ride would be a lot less off-putting (IMO) if they would turn the seats into traditional ferris wheel-type seats...even if they still had to be enclosed in those cages (i can see the point in doing that for safety reasons). but geez, at least put a bar over our laps or something so we're not holding on for dear life, feeling as though we might be thrown from the cage at any moment.

I knew I was in trouble when I got in one of those moving cages and there were BARF BAGS in there! :eek:

Its a small world, and Story Book Canals, I am not really liking that Mickey's fun wheel either

Indy. Rode it twice last summer. The first time, as we turned that corner to the snakes, I felt something in my lower back twist. I have had back problems ever since!

I was tensed up and holding on for dear life, as I felt like I was going to be thrown out of the vehicle at any moment. Had I been relaxed, I'm sure I wouldn't have this problem now. The combo of dark and jerkiness really did a job on me!

So, why did I ride it again? My kids didn't want to do it without me, and really, really, wanted to ride. The second time wasn't as bad because I knew what to expect from the ride, but the damage was already done!

"Way too dark" in that Mr Toad gets hit by a train and ends up in hell? Most people don't think about that. It's still one of my favorite rides.

I see that some posters have voted a few of my favorite rides off the island - Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. They're state of the art dark rides in my book.

I think I'd vote for (i.e. against) Innoventions. Other than the Tom Morrow robot (voice by Nathan Lane) the building could be used for something much better.

I just rode that and thought "Is the moral of this story that bad drivers will end up in hell?" I do love it though

Of the rides that we have been on:

Splash Mountain (really REALLY can't take that drop, and all the cute cuddly creatures are so deceivingly calm, and yet they are laughing on the inside because they KNOW you are about to take the drop of DEATH.

Rober Rabbit: Painful to ride on. Literally. Too many jerks and bumps, noise is just too much. I had a neck problem and a headache for days after riding that. Did I see here they are closing it?

That ridiculous little coaster in toon town that you wait 45 minutes to ride on, just to have it go by in about 20 seconds. Crazy! Could be really fun if they expanded it!

Have not done the large mickey ears coaster in DCA or Tower of Terror, so can't evaluate those :thumbsup2

Of the rides that we have been on:

Splash Mountain (really REALLY can't take that drop, and all the cute cuddly creatures are so deceivingly calm, and yet they are laughing on the inside because they KNOW you are about to take the drop of DEATH.

LOL! My husband had never been to Disneyland - today was his first visit. While we were on Splash for the first time, he said to me "This ride is really misleading". I asked what he meant and he explained "You know, it's like, 'yay, we're singing and dancing and having lots of fun, no, of course you're not about to plummet off a cliff and get soaked'". :rotfl:

If I had to do without a single ride it'd be Maliboomer. I rode it once and will absolutely never go on it again. I love thrill rides, but that one makes me :sick: for sure.

"You know, it's like, 'yay, we're singing and dancing and having lots of fun, no, of course you're not about to plummet off a cliff and get soaked'". :rotfl:

It is for this reason I always put my poncho on. I may look like a geek, but I hate wearing wet jeans around the park lol

Ponchos take away from the fun of splash mountain, whole point is to get wet.

Maliboomer is a good ride, its just really scary. I have been on it twice. When I get off that ride, I felt so accomplished because I was super scared.

Storybook Land Canal Boats are pointless, uncomfortable and slow-loading.

Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train is adorable! I love being squirted by the watermelon and smelling the cookies. The best part is Heimlich's narration. Goodbye! I miss you already!

If you get motion sick, stick with the stationary cars on Mickey's Fun Wheel. It takes you up really high and you get a great view of the park without feeling naseous.

The Astro Orbiter makes me sick because the circles it makes are so small. I can ride Dumbo with no problem so I'll stick with that one.

I get very motion sick so I'd say Star Tours...went on once years ago....never again. DH loves it! I stay away from the ferris wheel and any spinning rides.

We all love Monsters Inc. and Storybook Canals.
Mr Toad's is OK.
IASW is one of my top favorite rides.

Actually, I am disappointed in the Winnie the Pooh ride....I think it could have been done better. But in answer to the question.....Star Tours..just thinking of it makes me queasy!

For me, its Star Tours. Not because I don't like it (I actually really DO like it...its nostalgic for me :thumbsup2), but only because I get motion sickness from it. That's the only ride I'd think twice about going on :sick:. Other than that, I feel like I'm pretty "easily entertained" and can appreciate each ride for what it is, whether its one of my favorites or not.

Welcome to the "Did you know someone out there hates your favorite thing about Disneyland?" thread. :rotfl:

- Dreams

Too true :rotfl2:

I can't stand IASW or Winnie the Pooh.

I can't believe it took so many posts for someone to mention Winnie the Pooh. ;)

I rode the one at WDW when it was new, and I remember thinking it was kind of cute... loved the bouncy part. So I made DH wait in a crazy long line with me for the DL version when it first opened. I spent the rest of the day apologizing profusely. I must have been on a real Disney high the first time I rode it to give it a thumbs up. :confused3

Autotopia: haven't ridden on it, never will. Not that I think they should get rid of it; it looks retro and is very much a part of the park-- but I spend so much time in slow-moving traffic, why would I want to do more? Plus the wait is terrible, usually even with FP.

Also not interested in Innoventions. Again, never been, and never bothered to schedule it in, because there's just so much other really FUN stuff to do, you know?

I'm trying to put together a 1-day itinerary for a friend, and I just hope she shares my tastes as much as I think, because I'm pretty much steering her away from all this stuff that I don't think is worth the time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter