• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

OKW is our favorite DVC, but...as you have a scooter, SSR has elevators in every building and you can "scoot" to DS or take their boat. OKW also has a boat, and walking is not a good idea at night as the path in not lighted.

Thank you. My mom will have a scooter and Im a gym rat and dont mind the walk but guessing we wont be able to see at night. Have the boats started running? I was at SSR two weeks ago and the boats werent running then.

Thank you.

Hi. Is there any way to get to DTD from OKW other than the bus? We are planning a two week stay and having DTD in the evenings is important and I rather walk than take the bus, especially since my mom will have a scooter. My dh and I just came back from a GV at SSR with two other couples and being able to walk each night after drinking and eating was so great than waiting for a bus.

Not sure if I should book a one bedroom at OKW or SSR. Would prefer OKW since less points and havent stayed here before but the DTD option may be the deciding factor.

I know the path use to be open but I am asking whar is now currently open.

Thank you.
Currently the boats are not running. The path is closed at night. Here is a link on what is open at OKW.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-oldKeyWest

Returned Friday from a 6-night stay at OKW. I am not DVC, booked on cash. I have definitely fallen in love with this resort, and everything was almost to perfection. We were booked in a Deluxe Studio. I loved how big it was compared to our usual (Pop). I may never go back to a value resort again! My poor wallet!! I didn't do a room request because, having never stayed before, I had no idea where was best. I just let the Disney gods do their magic. We ended up in Building 29, which was so perfect for us. We were close to the very first bus stop, so we never missed getting on a bus and we didn't have too far to walk at the end of a very tiring day. We were also a quick walk from the HH, which we did quite often to do laundry, eat at Goods, or swim. I am finding myself missing that glorious shower head! We have terrible water pressure at home and that shower was so amazing. My only teensy, tiny, not even worth mentioning but will, complaint was that our iron leaked water everywhere, so our clothes were wrinkle free but wet!!

We ate dinner at Goods twice and it was good. Nothing spectacular but good. We had breakfast at Olivia's on our departure day. They have the best grits I've ever had. So yummy. I could have eaten 6 bowls of that stuff. Our service wasn't that great, but the good food made up for it! I would definitely stay here again. Wish I could talk my husband into DVC!!!

Returned Friday from a 6-night stay at OKW. I am not DVC, booked on cash. I have definitely fallen in love with this resort, and everything was almost to perfection. We were booked in a Deluxe Studio. I loved how big it was compared to our usual (Pop). I may never go back to a value resort again! My poor wallet!! I didn't do a room request because, having never stayed before, I had no idea where was best. I just let the Disney gods do their magic. We ended up in Building 29, which was so perfect for us. We were close to the very first bus stop, so we never missed getting on a bus and we didn't have too far to walk at the end of a very tiring day. We were also a quick walk from the HH, which we did quite often to do laundry, eat at Goods, or swim. I am finding myself missing that glorious shower head! We have terrible water pressure at home and that shower was so amazing. My only teensy, tiny, not even worth mentioning but will, complaint was that our iron leaked water everywhere, so our clothes were wrinkle free but wet!!

We ate dinner at Goods twice and it was good. Nothing spectacular but good. We had breakfast at Olivia's on our departure day. They have the best grits I've ever had. So yummy. I could have eaten 6 bowls of that stuff. Our service wasn't that great, but the good food made up for it! I would definitely stay here again. Wish I could talk my husband into DVC!!!
Small world. Our first OKW stay last week as well in Bldg 29. 1 bedroom was huge.

Our service wasn't that great, but the good food made up for it! I would definitely stay here again. Wish I could talk my husband into DVC!!!

For the record, service at Olivia's has always been home-y and relaxed. Not rushed. It gives you plenty of time to chill out after a day in the oparks.

We've booked a 1-bedroom!! Huzzah!

To have a canal view, should we ask for a room location of "South Point Road Area", right?

Squeeeee! So exciting!!

Not all of South Pint has a canal view. If you want a canal view request bldgs 45, 46 or 55. 45 and 46 are the best of the 3

For the record, service at Olivia's has always been home-y and relaxed. Not rushed. It gives you plenty of time to chill out after a day in the oparks.
The only problem with Olivia's is the hard surface walls and the tin ceiling. It makes it really noisy when you get a bunch of families with younger kids. That high pitched young'un screech bounces off the walls and ceiling right to your ears.

add in all the idiots that have to talk on their phones as if it didn't have an amplifier. We tend to eat out on the patio, much quieter.

This will sound like an odd question... what kind of toilet paper are they using at OKW these days?

It's Scott's tissue and it is awful :headache: You know it's bad when the toilet paper in the Manchester, NH airport is ten times better than what they use at the Disney resorts now :rolleyes1 I remember when the DVC resorts had great toilet paper, much better than the moderate and value resorts :confused3 Now it is all the same bad stuff :crazy2:

It's Scott's tissue and it is awful :headache: You know it's bad when the toilet paper in the Manchester, NH airport is ten times better than what they use at the Disney resorts now :rolleyes1 I remember when the DVC resorts had great toilet paper, much better than the moderate and value resorts :confused3 Now it is all the same bad stuff :crazy2:
If it is Scott's, then it is a subsidiary of Scott's. The packaging doesn't say Scott's..

If it is Scott's, then it is a subsidiary of Scott's. The packaging doesn't say Scott's..
I just came back from 13 days at the Poly, BLT, BWV and the GFV and they all had the same Scott's tissue. Here is a screen shot from the video I took at the Poly on 12/6/2020 :goodvibes Screenshot_20201214-140327_Video Player.jpg

Given the COVID hoarding TP shortage, they are likely taking whatever they can get in bulk quantities.

Given the COVID hoarding TP shortage, they are likely taking whatever they can get in bulk quantities.
I always bring a pack of Costco brand 😂. I was under the impression that they only refilled toiletries after so many days. As a bonus, I have extra space in the suitcase to bring back souvenirs.

We switched our Pop reservation to OKW studio for May, So excited!! I will pack my charmin :cloud9: We requested close to Hospitality house, upper floor, fingers crossed🤞!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter