OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

This will sound like an odd question... what kind of toilet paper are they using at OKW these days?
Horrid stuff at all the resorts. It's two ply, but you can read a book through the double ply paper. If you have an issue where you have to hit the toilet often, you will suffer badly. It's like the paper wrapped around shoes in the shoe box. Only with wood fibers and extremely thin. In four nights we only used half a roll and we ate lots and lots at F&W and nice restaurants. Must be 1000 feet on one roll, yet is turns easily on the roller. You could tp a forest on one roll.

Horrid stuff at all the resorts. It's two ply, but you can read a book through the double ply paper. If you have an issue where you have to hit the toilet often, you will suffer badly. It's like the paper wrapped around shoes in the shoe box. Only with wood fibers and extremely thin. In four nights we only used half a roll and we ate lots and lots at F&W and nice restaurants. Must be 1000 feet on one roll, yet is turns easily on the roller. You could tp a forest on one roll.

Thank you for the feedback. Looks like I'm ordering some TP! :)

Tissues don't dissolve like TP does. Not good to be flushed
Bring a roll from home if you have 'tender toosh'

It's on my Garden Grocer list.:-) I usually bring from home but now that we're flying, gotta get it somehow!

We'll be in an OKW villa. Is the coffee maker still the 10-12 cup one with a flat bottom filter? Or has DVC switched over to Keurig?

If you’re not staying by HH, you might want to add some snacks and drinks too.
It's not like the store is miles away from any location. It's a 10 to 15 min walk from the furthest location. Just stay on the sidewalk.

Good advice. I guess it would've been helpful to add at some point that we were owners at OKW for 23 years. Actually bought in when OKW was the one and only DVC! :) We haven't stayed at OKW since 2014.
Our last stay was in 2015. We always enjoy it there. Olivia’s has a great breakfast. We haven’t gone there for anything else but I hear their fried chicken is incredible.

Our last stay was in 2015. We always enjoy it there. Olivia’s has a great breakfast. We haven’t gone there for anything else but I hear their fried chicken is incredible.
I haven’t had anything besides the fried chicken and I have eaten there 2 or 3 times in one week, once. I just had it last week and it was so good. The green beans can be a little al dente for me. My DW enjoys them that way. My DD and DW also like the Cayo Heuso Shrimp Pasta.

Last edited:
We had breakfast at Olivia's about eight days ago. Pancakes and eggs for me, waffles and eggs for Bill. Then hope in the car and head home.

Hi. Is there any way to get to DTD from OKW other than the bus? We are planning a two week stay and having DTD in the evenings is important and I rather walk than take the bus, especially since my mom will have a scooter. My dh and I just came back from a GV at SSR with two other couples and being able to walk each night after drinking and eating was so great than waiting for a bus.

Not sure if I should book a one bedroom at OKW or SSR. Would prefer OKW since less points and havent stayed here before but the DTD option may be the deciding factor.

I know the path use to be open but I am asking whar is now currently open.

Thank you.

OKW is our favorite DVC, but...as you have a scooter, SSR has elevators in every building and you can "scoot" to DS or take their boat. OKW also has a boat, and walking is not a good idea at night as the path in not lighted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter