OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Do you have a cash reservation or are you renting/staying on points?

If it’s the first, you’re getting everything replenished every day and daily housekeeping

If on points, you’re getting trash cleared everyday, and depending on how long you are staying, it’ll be either trash and towel on day 4 (if you’re staying less than 8 days), or full housekeeping on day 4/trash and towel on day 7. (If staying for 8 or longer days)
I am doing this through regular Vacation package that you find online the DisneyWorld website. I'm not part of the Disney Vacation Club or anything where I am using points to pay for this ( paying for the entire vacation package via Credit Card ). I assumed that this was just a regular resort like POR or All Stars.

I know that sounds wierd and possibly even petty....but when we go on vacation and stay at a resort, having the room cleaned everyday is something that we are simply used to.

Since I am paying for the entire trip ( no points or nothing through DVC ), it sounds like I am eligible for daily housekeeping. I will doublecheck with the front desk when I check in.

Thanks to all for responding to my silly questions. When it comes to my family vacations, I'm the one that LOVES to plan everything out down to the nano-second and have to be sure that I avoid any issues.

We are a few days out from our stay at OKW. I just checked in online. The online check in still requires that we go to the Front desk and check in, correct?

Anything else that a first timer at ODW should know before hand?

Last edited:
If you have a car, with a Disney cash reservation, add in parking fees.
I have a 1 day car rental for driving in. I will drop it off at the Disney Car Center early the next morning before we head out to Hollywood Studios. I will make a note to let Front Desk know that they should only charge me 1 day for the parking.

Thanks for the reminder.

Not the clearest photo in the world, but this should give you an idea of what you get in the shower.
View attachment 419558
giphy.gif

One less thing to pack.

<snip> I just checked in online. The online check in still requires that we go to the Front desk and check in, correct? <snip>

If you checked in online, you might receive a text or email the day of check in, before you arrive, telling you your room number and linking to a map so that you can find it. If you do, then no, you don't have to go to the front desk unless you want to talk to them about something (such as parking a car for one night only). Your MBs should work to unlock the door.

If you checked in online, you might receive a text or email the day of check in, before you arrive, telling you your room number and linking to a map so that you can find it. If you do, then no, you don't have to go to the front desk unless you want to talk to them about something (such as parking a car for one night only). Your MBs should work to unlock the door.
I expect to arrive by 5pm that day. Hopefully I will receive the Text to go straight to the room.

I am doing this through regular Vacation package that you find online the DisneyWorld website. I'm not part of the Disney Vacation Club or anything where I am using points to pay for this ( paying for the entire vacation package via Credit Card ). I assumed that this was just a regular resort like POR or All Stars.

I know that sounds wierd and possibly even petty....but when we go on vacation and stay at a resort, having the room cleaned everyday is something that we are simply used to.

Since I am paying for the entire trip ( no points or nothing through DVC ), it sounds like I am eligible for daily housekeeping. I will doublecheck with the front desk when I check in.

Thanks to all for responding to my silly questions. When it comes to my family vacations, I'm the one that LOVES to plan everything out down to the nano-second and have to be sure that I avoid any issues.

We are a few days out from our stay at OKW. I just checked in online. The online check in still requires that we go to the Front desk and check in, correct?

We just came back from our first stay at OKW. We booked it through the hotel side/WDW website as you did. We received housekeeping service every day. We did receive a text that our room was ready but I went to the front desk anyways as I wanted to get a map and to ask about upgrading to a larger room. It was a lovely resort- everyone was so friendly.

I hope you have a great stay at OKW!

Does anyone know if the OKW Studio rooms have the in-Shower Body wash and shower dispensers?

Or

Do they still provide the individual travel sized shower and body wash bottles that are replaced every day?

I'm trying to figure out if I have to pack body wash or not.
We were in the studios and they were in the shower - lotion and soap provided as singles.

You will receive Mousekeeping every day unless you request to not have them come. We just got back (Room 4210) Old Turple Pond Area, and we booked just like you did - through WDW. You are going to love this resort. DVC is something special and you will see that the second you arrive. The grounds are amazing, as well as the staff. I would suggest (Bias of course) the Old Turtle Pond area - it is quite but close to a great pool and food/ bar, also very close to a bus stop. This is a large resort and has 5 stops:
1. Peninsular Road
2. South Point Road
3. Old Turtle Pond Road
4. Miller's Road
5. North Cove Road (Hospitality House)

The bus always stops at Hospitality House before leaving property. Also- you MUST go to the HH to catch the bus to Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach!
Take advantage of the boat transportation to Disney Springs - 10 min ride and is wonderful! Catch the boat just behind Olivia's and the Hospitality House.

Fell free to hit me up on any other questions you may have - Have a great time and you are going to love OKW!

We just came back from our first stay at OKW. We booked it through the hotel side/WDW website as you did. We received housekeeping service every day. We did receive a text that our room was ready but I went to the front desk anyways as I wanted to get a map and to ask about upgrading to a larger room. It was a lovely resort- everyone was so friendly.

I hope you have a great stay at OKW!
Thanks for the info. Were you upgrading from a Studio to a larger room?

or

Were you upgrading from a 1 bedroom villa to a larger room?

I remember that when we went to POR, they upgraded us to a better room for free. I assume that there was some cost associated with that and it wasn't a free upgrade?

You will receive Mousekeeping every day unless you request to not have them come. We just got back (Room 4210) Old Turple Pond Area, and we booked just like you did - through WDW. You are going to love this resort. DVC is something special and you will see that the second you arrive. The grounds are amazing, as well as the staff. I would suggest (Bias of course) the Old Turtle Pond area - it is quite but close to a great pool and food/ bar, also very close to a bus stop. This is a large resort and has 5 stops:
1. Peninsular Road
2. South Point Road
3. Old Turtle Pond Road
4. Miller's Road
5. North Cove Road (Hospitality House)

The bus always stops at Hospitality House before leaving property. Also- you MUST go to the HH to catch the bus to Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach!

Fell free to hit me up on any other questions you may have - Have a great time and you are going to love OKW!
Ha! Mousekeeping....I love it :rotfl2:

In regards to the location; in my Special Requests for my reservations, I had prioritized the rooms at the Old Turtle Pond Area ( specifically 40, 41, 44 ) as my first choice. These were the closest to the pool area and not too far a walk from the Bus Stop.

Thanks for the info!

So excited for our first trip to OKW in 18 days!

With the online check-in, I selected the Turtle Pond or Peninsular Road areas hoping they would be the most quiet/peaceful. In looking at the map, I see that some of the Turtle Pond area seems close to Bonnet Creek Parkway. I am wondering: do you hear noise from the road in that area? I know this seems picky, but I have an obnoxiously sensitive sleeper in our group, and I'm hoping there isn't too much audible road noise.

Thanks!

One time in Turtle Pond, Building 40, yes the road noise was very distracting (I also have a very sensitive sleeper-yes, it is obnoxious sometimes). Yet one time we were in Turtle Pond, building 42 and it was super quiet, even though we were near the pool.

So excited for our first trip to OKW in 18 days!

With the online check-in, I selected the Turtle Pond or Peninsular Road areas hoping they would be the most quiet/peaceful. In looking at the map, I see that some of the Turtle Pond area seems close to Bonnet Creek Parkway. I am wondering: do you hear noise from the road in that area? I know this seems picky, but I have an obnoxiously sensitive sleeper in our group, and I'm hoping there isn't too much audible road noise.

Thanks!
We were in building 49, but we were on the side furthest from the highway. We could not tell the highway was there. But the buses we could hear when. They would go down the resort road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter