OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Whenever I go on vacation, I really try to push myself to wake up and run ( or try to run after we get back from dinner ). I hope to get up early to run before heading off to the parks.....but I'll be operating off of 6 hours of sleep for the entire week we are there. I doubt that I'd be able to get up early enough where there is little sunlight.

Thanks for the advise. I will look into running to Disney Springs. I think that it'd be nice to jog though Disney Springs early in the morning. I remember running my only Disneyland Half-Marathon and running through both Disneyland and Disney California. It was neat to see the places that are usually full of people empty.
When we were staying at Grand California Hotel many years ago, DH and I did the Powerwalk through the Park before it opened with a tour guide. So incredible to be in the park with no one around. Really fun!

Plus, if you are a Pepsi fan (including Dr Pepper), you can enjoy those at OKW. Otherwise, you won't be able to until you get home. You can buy exactly what you prefer to drink and not just what Disney offers.
You won't find any Pepsi, including Dr Pepper, at WDW. It's totally Coke products. You have to go offsite and buy your own. They might not even have any at the Speedway Stations on the property.

That's what I thought, but I was responding to the first quote. But rereading it, I think now that what you meant was that you can drink Pepsi products there because of the kitchen-you bring your own. Sorry, I misunderstood.

Does anyone know if the OKW Studio rooms have the in-Shower Body wash and shower dispensers?

Or

Do they still provide the individual travel sized shower and body wash bottles that are replaced every day?

I'm trying to figure out if I have to pack body wash or not.

Does anyone know if the OKW Studio rooms have the in-Shower Body wash and shower dispensers?

Or

Do they still provide the individual travel sized shower and body wash bottles that are replaced every day?

We were in a one bedroom and there were dispensers in the shower.

Or

OKW has the wall mounted supplies. And on DVC points, your supplies are not replaced every day. Just every four days.

Hi all, I am staying at the OKW in a few days and it will be our first time in a studio... three of us. We've always been in a two bedroom but we missed Disney so much we had to make a 2nd trip this year and budget constraints = studio. I know two can fit in each queen bed, but is there even an option to ask for a cot? Is there room for one in a studio?

A cot is not normally available at OKW or most all DVC units. Some time when the DVC is a after thought and added to a hotel you may be able to get a cot. There are companies that will rent you one.

Thanks for the info... another question. Has anyone been in this situation before? I originally booked five nights in a studio at OKW renting DVC points months ago using a third party site we always use and love. Our dates are 7/28/19 thru 8/2/19. As it gets closer the other two people in my party were able to extend their vacation and we wanted to spend two more days in Disney. Since there was no availability last minute to rent DVC points for two more days at OKW, I booked thru Disney directly two additional nights in a studio at OKW for 7/26/19 thru 7/28/19. Will we have to check out and check back in again on Sunday 7/28/19? Or should we be able to stay in the same room? I wasn't sure if there is a difference in room placement if you book directly thru Disney or if you rent DVC points... The only thing we really care about is being by transportation. Every time we've been in the 2 bedroom it's always been on third floor and we don't mind stairs.

Thanks for the info... another question. Has anyone been in this situation before? I originally booked five nights in a studio at OKW renting DVC points months ago using a third party site we always use and love. Our dates are 7/28/19 thru 8/2/19. As it gets closer the other two people in my party were able to extend their vacation and we wanted to spend two more days in Disney. Since there was no availability last minute to rent DVC points for two more days at OKW, I booked thru Disney directly two additional nights in a studio at OKW for 7/26/19 thru 7/28/19. Will we have to check out and check back in again on Sunday 7/28/19? Or should we be able to stay in the same room? I wasn't sure if there is a difference in room placement if you book directly thru Disney or if you rent DVC points... The only thing we really care about is being by transportation. Every time we've been in the 2 bedroom it's always been on third floor and we don't mind stairs.
Yes, they cannot link these two reservations because they are made with different inventory. You will have to check out and check back in and you might have to move to a new studio. You'll want to add "continuing reservation" to both reservations and the other reservation number on each. And you need to add that now or you will be too late for the scheduler and will already be scheduled into a villa. With three people and two queen beds, you should be fine. OKW will not provide any rollaways or cots. You could bring your own air bed, though, plus any sheets or blankets needed for the air bed. OKW will not provide those either.

Where would I update this info to show continuing reservation? I went on the website for my Disney experience and there isn't a place to put any notes...

Where would I update this info to show continuing reservation? I went on the website for my Disney experience and there isn't a place to put any notes...
You would need to call Disney Reservation Center where you made the cash reservation and ask them to add this to your reservation. Then the member you rented from would need to add it to your points stay. Then when you check in, check to see if you are booked to stay in the same villa for your entire stay.

OKW has the wall mounted supplies. And on DVC points, your supplies are not replaced every day. Just every four days.
Just to be clear, we aren't talking about the individual tiny travel bottles that they usually put by the sink, right?

I assume you mean that the wall mounted dispensers that is mounted to the Shower walls have more than enough shampoo and Body wash to last for more than 4 days?

Sorry....I have another Stupid question on my part..... Although house keeping replaces the supply of body wash and shampoo every 4 days....I assume that this does not mean that they only come once every 4 days to clean the room as well?

I assume ( like any other hotel ) that there is daily housekeeping that cleans the room and makes the bed once every day?

I've been trying for weeks to try to book a dinner reservation at Story Tellers with ZERO luck. I just checked and was able to book a dinner reservation on the day that we arrive! It's a late dinner time, but I was able to get a table for 4!

source.gif

Last edited:
Just to be clear, we aren't talking about the individual tiny travel bottles that they usually put by the sink, right?

I assume you mean that the wall mounted dispensers that is mounted to the Shower walls have more than enough shampoo and Body wash to last for more than 4 days?

Sorry....I have another Stupid question on my part..... Although house keeping replaces the supply of body wash and shampoo every 4 days....I assume that this does not mean that they only come once every 4 days to clean the room as well?

I assume ( like any other hotel ) that there is daily housekeeping that cleans the room and makes the bed once every day?
[/QUOTE

DVC is a timeshare, not a regular hotel, and therefor there is no daily house keeping. If you want daily service (bed made/new towels) DVC may not be for you. The dispensers are full size and should last more than 4 days.

Housekeeping will come in daily for a security check and take the garbage out, but that is it. There is an option to pay for daily house keeping and you would set that up with the front desk.

I hope that helps.

Do you have a cash reservation or are you renting/staying on points?

If it’s the first, you’re getting everything replenished every day and daily housekeeping

If on points, you’re getting trash cleared everyday, and depending on how long you are staying, it’ll be either trash and towel on day 4 (if you’re staying less than 8 days), or full housekeeping on day 4/trash and towel on day 7. (If staying for 8 or longer days)

Any DVC stay on points (either your own or rented) means you fall under DVC rules for Housekeeping. You will have the trash picked up daily (and that is only trash in the trash cans), but anything else will be limited. For stays of seven nights or less, you get a single day of housekeeping and that is limited to towel and supply replacement. They do not make beds, they do not vacuum, they do not change the sheets, etc. For stays of eight nights or more, you will get a full cleaning on day four, meaning your bedding is changed, towels and supplies replaced, floor vacuumed if required. Then on day eight, you get the towels and supplies replaced. Read this note below for the details on DVC housekeeping. If you want daily cleaning, you can pay for it.

Laundry and Housekeeping Services

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.
With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:
  • Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins

• Provide fresh bathroom linens

• Replace bath amenities as needed

• Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper

• Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.
With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
  • Change the bed linens

• Vacuum and dust the vacation villa

• Clean the bathroom(s)

• Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.
For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.
Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested

• 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested

• 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested

• 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested

• 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested

• 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested

• 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested
Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):
  • Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel

• Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners

• Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

• 2 Bathrobes: $6

• Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.
Not the clearest photo in the world, but this should give you an idea of what you get in the shower.
DSC03645.JPG

I'm pretty certain you've booked OKW on cash thru Disney, yes? Then you get daily housekeeping. Something to be aware of, since guests booked on points thru DVC do not get daily housekeeping like those on a Disney cash booking, is that sometimes housekeeping can get a bit messed up and not have the room marked down for the daily housekeeping. A call to housekeeping should correct that though if by chance they are missing you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter