'Ohana at the Polynesian reopening on July 9th

I think the bread was more important than those noodles y'all. You'll be missing that when you get there. Then the grade F roadkill meat, ex egg laying chicken parts and venison sausage will seem like Christmas morning...

Simply put, the skewers need to return with the lovely grilled meats and shrimp along with the bread (not biscuits and scones) and all will be right with the 'Ohana universe. :thumbsup2
This......We’re not interested until things go back to the way they were. This seems like a cheap way to try and pacify a majority of the detractors of the new menu.

I opened this thread because we were just talking about possibly doing 'Ohana in December for a special meal. I just looked at the Disney dining section and it says 'Ohana noodles are on the menu.

I could have swore it said grilled beef steak but I’ll take your word for it

It was previously discussed as a change from the menu prior to closure. The chicken, shrimp, beef and additional of kielbasa were all changes.

If you read back in this thread to posts 177 and 131 they reference the teriyaki beef. :)

I felt that I won the lottery when I was lucky enough to secure an Ohana reservation for July. Then the realization hit me. Why was I excited to pay $55 for a greatly cheapened menu? The same week I also have a reservation at Narcoose's. At Narcoose's, (a signature dining spot) I can get the surf and turf with a lobster tail, for $3 less than a menu featuring an unidentified casserole, keilbasi, and chicken on the bone. Its a no brainer for me now. I will not allow Disney to continue to offer less for a lot more money. I have reached my breaking point. Disney will probably increase signature restaurant prices to make their new, cheapened menus seem like a value. I guess I will then stop visiting signature restaurants too.

I felt that I won the lottery when I was lucky enough to secure an Ohana reservation for July. Then the realization hit me. Why was I excited to pay $55 for a greatly cheapened menu? The same week I also have a reservation at Narcoose's. At Narcoose's, (a signature dining spot) I can get the surf and turf with a lobster tail, for $3 less than a menu featuring an unidentified casserole, keilbasi, and chicken on the bone. Its a no brainer for me now. I will not allow Disney to continue to offer less for a lot more money. I have reached my breaking point. Disney will probably increase signature restaurant prices to make their new, cheapened menus seem like a value. I guess I will then stop visiting signature restaurants too.
Nothing about the current menu makes me want to eat there.

An honest question: Do y'all complain this much when your local restaurants take something off the menu?
Yes. In fact all our local restaurants here scaled down their menus with the shutdowns and when they reopened a lot of them have shortened their menus. Very disappointing when you figure everyone was rushing out to eat our instead of delivery.

Yes. In fact all our local restaurants here scaled down their menus with the shutdowns and when they reopened a lot of them have shortened their menus. Very disappointing when you figure everyone was rushing out to eat our instead of delivery.

Life is all about how you adapt to stuff.

Yay! This is exciting. I'm happy for all of you who went there for the noodles... Tho I'd still prefer to have the shrimp skewers back. Hopefully they acknowledge there. I don't know anyone that seeks out shrimp casserole.

To be totally fair to shrimp...nobody wants a casserole, PERIOD. This isn't 1955.
I still eat them at home...lol. Mix chicken with veggies and noodles/rice....melt cheese on top.
When I didn't care about what I consumed I could throw back some hamburger helper like the best of them.

..but yes not in a restaurant for $, I have a shellfish allergy so no skin in the game but it does seem weird. Maybe it will be god's gift to food somehow but I doubt it will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter