'Ohana at the Polynesian reopening on July 9th

I still eat them at home...lol. Mix chicken with veggies and noodles/rice....melt cheese on top.
When I didn't care about what I consumed I could throw back some hamburger helper like the best of them.

..but yes not in a restaurant for $, I have a shellfish allergy so no skin in the game but it does seem weird. Maybe it will be god's gift to food somehow but I doubt it will be.

I was thinking the same thing! LOL. Watch this be the BEST casserole anyone has ever tasted and then all of a sudden, everyone wants to go again! Then they'll try to get rid of it one day and it'll be like the noodle fiasco!

I expect to see an announcement any day...

"We here at the Walt Disney Company have listened to overwhelming guest demand to bring back skewers to Ohana. We are pleased to announce the return of skewers effective immediately."

View attachment 582325

:joker:
I actually don't mind kielbasa having ancestors from Eastern Europe. Add pierogi to that skewer and now we're talking!

Not taking credit for it but someone said this is Polishisian Cuisine or something like that. Too funny.

I actually don't mind kielbasa having ancestors from Eastern Europe. Add pierogi to that skewer and now we're talking!

Not taking credit for it but someone said this is Polishisian Cuisine or something like that. Too funny.
Omg yes!! Totally agree with you on that

While everyone is petitioning WDW about the 'OHana menu, maybe it's time to bring back the au gratin potatoes????? Gosh, that's been many years since they dumped them from the menu - but they were so so good!

Glad to see Disney is actually listening here.

While everyone is petitioning WDW about the 'OHana menu, maybe it's time to bring back the au gratin potatoes????? Gosh, that's been many years since they dumped them from the menu - but they were so so good!

Glad to see Disney is actually listening here.

Noooooo. . .they added those au gratin potatoes and REMOVED the noodles! Blasphemy!

The shrimp casserole addition is clearly a cost cutting measure. Serving shrimp with cheap "fillers" (to make a casserole) is a LOT cheaper than serving shrimp by itself. People will eat less shrimp when they have to eat the "fillers" with it. Adding kielbasa is also a cost cutting measure. Pork is the 2nd cheapest meat in the country (behind chicken) so if they can get you to eat more kielbasa then you'll eat less beef.

Why they would add in Cheddar Bacon Biscuits to a Polynesian dinner is beyond me though.

The shrimp casserole addition is clearly a cost cutting measure. Serving shrimp with cheap "fillers" (to make a casserole) is a LOT cheaper than serving shrimp by itself. People will eat less shrimp when they have to eat the "fillers" with it. Adding kielbasa is also a cost cutting measure. Pork is the 2nd cheapest meat in the country (behind chicken) so if they can get you to eat more kielbasa then you'll eat less beef.

Why they would add in Cheddar Bacon Biscuits to a Polynesian dinner is beyond me though.

Cheddar biscuits may be to “dumb it down“ and create broader appeal as they continue to charge a hefty amount for less. And I don’t mean that in an insulting way - I like cheddar biscuits myself, but it doesn’t fit at Ohana.…but neither does casserole and kielbasa (which I also like).

Have a 5:30PM ADR for July 17- after HEA was announced, stalked for a later time--- hoping to see HEA from 'Ohana (hopefully, they still have music piped in)

Finally, last night an 8:15 (perfect time for 9:15 HEA) showed up for July 26- Jumped on it--- so, think we will be going twice this trip--- Cant get enough of that Casserole (sidenote: If the new menu (sans skewers) is that bad, will be skipping the July 26 dinner--

Umm.... Dessert party return would make this all lot easier !! (anyone st Disney listening ??)

Not to hijack the thread but now that OH is open how bout giving auntie Winnie some love. Isn't there a niece needs going to the mainland for college? I miss SOA. Probably the only one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter