Oh NO! the volcano is off again!

Any news, are the airports closed this morning? I heard onthe news before I went to bed that they were going to be closed. This really sucks for you all going today. I hope you all get away asap

the glasgow airport will be closed at least until 7pm tonight. we supposed to be flying tomorrow am at 8am. looks like the chances of flying is getting thinner. we are most likely will be driving all the way to dlrp tonight :snooty:

Oh god what a day!
We got to the airport in plenty of time, checked in luggage and went to the gate we were told to. On the journey there I had felt quite ill and by the time we arrived at the gate it was much worse and I had to keep running to the loo. Unfortunately one time I didn't make it and was sick where we were sitting.
It was terrible the poor kids were distraught and dh was very worried. I wasn't really aware of time but was listening to all anouncements as our flight was showing delayed on the website.

While sitting there dh noticed that the flight to Lisbon was finished boarding and another to Brussels was starting.

There were no boards to check no people to ask so dh checked the website only to discover that our flight had departed 15 mins before. It was 7.30 at this stage.

Still nobody anywhere to ask so we had to head all the way back to departures to sort it out.

What had happened was the check in guy wrote gate 103 on our passes when it should have been 301.

Airline have accepted it was their mistake and have rebooked us for same flight tomorrow so hopefully well get there.
Travel agent have told the SL well be there tomorrow and hopefully john from ezyshuttle can come back for us.

I was talking to him this morning but he hasn't got back to me yet. Might email him and see.

So I've been on the sofa all day still feeling yuck but determined to get there tomorrow. Ds knows where were going now so he's not as upset as he was but dd is Inconsolable .

Hopefully things will be better tomorrow!
Thanks for all the well wishes guys x

shall keep you posted :-) off to bed again :-)

rosabelle x

Oh Rosabelle, what a nightmare right enough - so close and yet no cigar - yet :guilty:. I really hope you are feeling much brighter in the morning, and you get safely and quickly on your way to The Magic.

Oh Rosabelle! :hug: What a day!

I've been thinking about you all day and wondering how you got on - who would have thought it would come to this?!! :sad2:

I hope you are feeling much better tomorrow and that nothing else gets in your way. Such a shame...

Fingers crossed for tomorrow! :shamrock:

i hope it all goes well for you tomorrow. i cant believe they messed up your boarding cards

Oh Rosabelle you poor thing, what a day eh! Hope you are resting up and feel much better tomorrow! xxx

I've been checking this thread all day, hoping that you'd gotten away, I'm sorry everything went so very wrong for you today, but things can only get better, so I hope that in the morning everything falls into place and by tomorrow afternoon you'll be enjoying the magic. :wizard:
Hope you feel better too. :hug:

I can't believe your bad luck. I too had checked the thread earlier & had hoped you had got away. I was only worrying about the volcanic ash, I didn't think anyhting else could go wrong. I only hope that everything goes OK tomorrow and that missing a day doesn't spoil your holiday. If it's any consolation, it was freezing today at Disney & we went home early because the kids were too cold to enjoy it, but it's to get warmer tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your kindness guys x
unfortunately our flight tomorrow is cancelled now :-( I've rescheduled it till Friday but at this rate I don't think well be going anywhere

Feeling really sad now, not looking forward to telling ds in the morning :-(

Night x
rosabelle x

Oh thats awful and you could have been on the flight today if they had given you the correct gate number.

Had you checked in your luggage? If so did that go without you? Not very good security if it did.

:hug:

unfortunately our flight tomorrow is cancelled now :-( I've rescheduled it till Friday but at this rate I don't think well be going anywhere

Night x
rosabelle x

I feel really bad for you. I'm another that checked today to see if you managed to fly out, but when I read what happened at the airport, I hoped your bad luck had stopped then. I did think, it would be awful for your children if flights were cancelled tomorrow, after the worry of them being cancelled today, and them not. I hope you do manage to get there :)

Also, hope you are feeling less poorly and that your children won't be too upset :flower3:

What a shame - after all your worrying about it being cancelled and then the airline getting it wrong.

I really hope it turns out well for you all, I know i'd be gutted too.

Sending you lots of :hug::hug::hug:

Night x
rosabelle x

Oh hun, what a week.:hug: :hug: :hug:
Will you be able to reschedule your return flight to come back a few days later too? If you could, we'd be there at the same time! :goodvibes I guess it's not as simple as that though? I hope that the airline & Disney both come good for you! :wizard:
Love & hugs & prayers x x x

Oh I am sorry you didnt get away. I hope you manage to reschedule. Have you tried to get some compensation from airline? At the very least a strong complaint letter.

Morning!

I'm so sorry about the rubbish time you are having and I really hope that you are feeling better today - I've just read on the bbc that Irish airspace opened up at 7am so maybe today could be your day? Fingers crossed for you :goodvibes

i am so sorry rossabelle. that is just awful. have disney moved your booking for you?

omg i am so sorry to hear ur news....
i too had been checking, but after not seein anythin durin the day hoped u were at the magic.
how awful to be cancelled again..... are they changing ur hotel booking so u keep the same length of stay???? really hope that u get to go real soon xxxxxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter