• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh NO! the volcano is off again!

I hope everyone makes there upcoming trips:thumbsup2

Hi

We were due to fly this morning from Dublin and our flight was cancelled due to the ash. We have changed our booking to tomorrow morning & return on Sunday instead of Saturday. Hotel New York also changed our reservation. Kids were inconsolable last night.

Keeping fingers, knees & toes crossed that we can fly tomorrow morning. :goodvibes:goodvibes

All this positivity is working and it looks like flights will continue up till lunchtime tomorrow :woohoo:

However the IAA said it looks bad for the end of the week so we may not make it home on time ...........

Like that's a bad thing ! :rolleyes1:banana:

Hi frenchfuntogo our posts crossed there

I'm so sorry this affected you! :hug:Your poor kids I can only imagine what they must have been feeling , ours think they're only goin to cork for 2 days so they won't be too devestated if we don't get to go ( unlike me)

I'm glad the hotel changed your booking for you and u don't lose any days of your hols :-)

Well prob see ye at the airport in the morn so :cool1:

Here's hoping that cloud stays wherever it's gone!

Rosabelle x

Wishing you all safe flights to the magic - and you can get stuck there for a few days as long as it doesn't mean that I can't get there! :)

Rosabelle & funfrenchtogo, looks like you'll be OK in the morning. Good news. Bring some warm clothes with you because it is very cold here at the moment. I had to have a hot shower when we got home this evening to warm up!

I hope the ash doesn't affect us then later in the week, but I suppose there are worse places to be stranded!

Rosabelle & funfrenchtogo, looks like you'll be OK in the morning. Good news. Bring some warm clothes with you because it is very cold here at the moment. I had to have a hot shower when we got home this evening to warm up!

I hope the ash doesn't affect us then later in the week, but I suppose there are worse places to be stranded!

Hi Karen

Are you there at the moment. Have been watching the 7 day forecast but wasn't expecting it to be cold.

Hi Karen

Are you there at the moment. Have been watching the 7 day forecast but wasn't expecting it to be cold.

Yes, we arrived on Sunday. It was very cold & a bit drizzly on Monday, so we didn't go into Disney. Today (Tuesday) it has been dry, but very windy & cold. I think it's the wind chill factor that's making it so cold. I could have been doing with a pair of gloves because I have been pushing a buggy & can't put them in my pockets! DH wishes he had brought a warm hat, but luckily had brought a hoody. I have been dressing the girls in their fleeces & coats. DD2 had 2 blankets wrapped round her in the buggy today to keep her warm. Lucky I brought them! We came home early today at 4pm because the kids were getting tired & I couldn't wait to get warmed up. It is forecasted to get a few degrees warmer over the next few days, and it looks like it is going to be dry until the weekend which is more important.

Still trying to blow the ash away for you guys, I am not doing a good job am I? Thinking of you all and hoping you get there (coz I really want to read your trip reports before we leave for Disney ourselves ;) )

Some positive news for us. Our son does not have glandular fever, nothing showed in his blood or urine test. He seems slightly more perky today so we plan to fly out to UK in 29 hours time.
God bless our family Dr for leaving a zillion messages on our answering machine to make sure we got the results ASAP and then giving us a nasal spray to help son breathe a bit better.
Son is not brilliant but has improved a bit and temp seems better.

Still trying to blow the ash away for you guys, I am not doing a good job am I? Thinking of you all and hoping you get there (coz I really want to read your trip reports before we leave for Disney ourselves ;) )

Some positive news for us. Our son does not have glandular fever, nothing showed in his blood or urine test. He seems slightly more perky today so we plan to fly out to UK in 29 hours time.
God bless our family Dr for leaving a zillion messages on our answering machine to make sure we got the results ASAP and then giving us a nasal spray to help son breathe a bit better.
Son is not brilliant but has improved a bit and temp seems better.

Good news! :thumbsup2 Hope he's ok on the flight :hug:

Would someone please put that volcano out! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter