Oh NO! the volcano is off again!

Rosabelle

Mouseketeer
the IAA are waiting on an update at 8.30pm to see if they should close the irish airports from tonight :scared1:

i'm due to go to dlp at 7am wednesday morn :guilty:

oh dear god i couldn't face the disappointment of not going :guilty: i'll be absolutely gutted to say the least :sad2:

please somebody have a word with the weather gods and blow the cloud out into the atlantic or somewhere where it doesn't cause anyone any trouble :headache:

bawling like a baby here at the news :guilty: fingers crossed for wednesday xx

very sad rosabelle x

omg that is terrible

i will say a prayer for you. i would be gutted also.

can you make any other arrangements if the airports are closed.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I do hope they decide it's safe to fly. As mommy2ash say's could you get over to the mainland & fly from here instead if the worse happens.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:scared:

That is not good! Just checked the websites and they have only mentioned Tuesday so far, fingers crossed the silly ash gets out of the way before you fly!!!

Only seems to be Ireland at the moment, you'll just have to get on a boat over to England and fly from here if there's no change tomorrow. You HAVE to get there - it's the law.

thanks guys but no we've no other way of getting there

i checked it all out 2 weeks ago when this first happened,
we could get to hollyhead but we couldn't get a crossing then to france, the eurostar was fully booked back then too :guilty:

its fly or nothing im afraid :guilty: can't believe this i am so upset anyway we'll just keep hoping xx

We will get you there Rosabelle - worry not! I am sure that the cloud of volcanic ash would not be daft enough to linger over Irish airspace when it knows that you need to get to Disney!!

If you can get the ferry over here there are Easyjet flights from Bristol to CDG! :goodvibes

awww no thats a shame, hopefully you will be ok!

xx

ok they've closed all airports till at least 1pm tomorrow ,

so english people i need you here :goodvibes

if i can get a ferry crossing to holyhead what would be the best airport to fly to paris from near to holyhead?

if it's gonna be 6 trains 2 buses and a taxi then i think we'll have to forget it! we've a 6 yr old and a 16 yr old in a wheelchair so lots of changes and transfers are out of the question ....

im thinking ferry to holyhead tomorrow afternoon, overnight in a hotel then fly to paris next day, we are booked into SL from the 5th so any advice would be greatly appreciated :goodvibes

thanks guys x
rosabelle x

I think Liverpool airport is closest to there. Looks like some ferry companies offer an inclusive package...

" Stena Line have joined forces with Arriva and Virgin Trains to offer you a seamless service from the station to your final destination. Trains stop just a short walk away from the ferry check-in and are timed to connect to selected ferry services"

Easyjet fly from Liverpool to CDG or you can get the train to London & catch the Eurostar?

I'l be saying "go away, stupid ashes, go away!" for both of us Rosabelle :hug:

portuguese airports are still runing, so I'm a little more relaxed. Hope you can find a solution though :thumbsup2

thanks cee i hope things dont change for you :thumbsup2

m2B, ive checked flights from liverpool and they're coming in at £258 but they're not leaving till evening on the 5th , better late than never though!

I've also got a great price with BMI at £ 128 for aLL 4 of us from east midlands airport at 6.30 am on the 5th, this would be the same as our original flight, is it miles away though?

Oh Rosabelle,

And to think that I was only worried about us getting to go home when it is much more important for you to get here in the first place. I'll say a prayer that everything gets back to normal, but don't put yourselves under too much stress either worrying or making alternative arrangements that would put too much pressure on you. My heart goes out to you & I know how much you were looking forward to going. I'll be watching this thread to see how you get on.

Best wishes.

I am no help as I'm up here in Scotland but according to google it's 180 miles. Oh I do hope the flight's go from Ireland for you. What a nightmare.

I usually use manchester - have PMd an option.

thank you so much :goodvibes

ok maybe east midlands is too far so..

just everybody over there take a deep breath and blow over here, then you'll blow it away :thumbsup2

im turning off the laptop now because i'm getting so stressed out trying to figure it all out, a glass of vino and sleep and i'll be grand :thumbsup2.

we're all packed anyway so we're ready to go should we need to in a hurry before wednesday :thumbsup2

thank you all so much every one of you :goodvibes you're all so kind and good :goodvibes

may tomorrow bring better news..................and a westerly gale! :lmao:

rosabelle x

I have everything crossed too, I hope it all works out okay for you and you get your magical trip x

Goodluck Rosabelle, I wish there was something I could do to help but obviously it's out of everyone's hands.

I do understand your devastation, we are due to fly out of Australia in less than 48 hours and I have just come back from the hospital with my son who had blood tests for glandular fever, we are praying it's not that and that he picks up FAST so we can fly, otherwise the Dr is going to recommend we don't travel as it's a long haul flight.

Just read that Irish Airspace will open at midday, keeping everything crossed for your Rosabelle.
Zebette really hope you're son is on the road to recovery and that you too can get away.

Sending your both a little magic:tinker:

Oh no zebbette that's terrible! I really shouldn't complain when mychildren are hale n hearty . My husband had glandular fever before it's terrible :guilty:I do hope your son recovers soon and you are able to get going in no time xx

thanks everybody for the support the skies seem to be clearing but they are warning it could return ..... I'm staying positive:-)

Thanks guys and I'm thinking of you zebbette :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter