Oga’s Cantina - Should we or shouldn’t we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on the fence, as well. I think I would at least like to go inside. I told my daughter we won't have to stay the full time. It really bugs her to be stuck at a standing table and I don't blame her.

If you get a table at all. I thought it was bad when my party of 6 was "seated" right in front of the emergency exit door with access to about 2' of counter (another party was already taking up most of it), then they brought in another party and just had them standing in an open patch of floor with no table at all. Thankfully that was our third time in, so we were fine with having one drink and getting out quick. We had seats the first time and were at the main bar the second.

Go just before park closing. We got right in. You need to see SWGE at night to get the full experience, anyway.

We thought it was fun, but it needed a little something, like characters, or sound effects - like Hogs Head in Hogsmeade.

Is each person required to buy something? Or can a group of 4 buy 1-2 drinks and share?

I read somewhere that if you have an ADR for Oga's that you automatically have a window/slot to see SWGE without waiting in a huge line? Can anyone confirm/deny/explain the process?

I read somewhere that if you have an ADR for Oga's that you automatically have a window/slot to see SWGE without waiting in a huge line? Can anyone confirm/deny/explain the process?

This is really only if GE (not the entirety of DHS) fills to capacity. At that point, they will activate what is called a "virtual queue". You go onto the My Disney Experience App (or kiosk at Disneyland) and sign up for a "boarding pass" for your party. You will be alerted when your group can head into the land. They haven't had to use the VQ since opening day but will likely use it for the opening day of RotR.

However (as I understand it), if you have a reservation at Oga's, Savi's, or Droid Depot you do not need the boarding pass. Just show them you have a reservation and they will let you in up to an hour before that reservation. I'm not sure how true this is on a normal day without the VQ system (like for those with morning reservations).

and just to add to what @Unvoiced_Apollo said the Virtual Queue was only used on the morning of day 1. That's it. We may assume that Dec 5th SWGE will hit capacity once again, prompting the VQ to kick back on

That's true if they are using Boarding passes to get into the land. If there are no boarding passes, you just go into the land when you're ready.

If the lands at capacity, a reservation for something in the land may only get the people associated with the reservation in. So a droid build or Savi for one would definitely let two in to the land as you can bring one guest with you, but they may not let three in.

We’re going with our five-year-old but I have my reservations about taking him. He won’t be able to see, I assume can’t sit on the floor without getting sticky/stepped on, and likely won’t appreciate the atmosphere even though he may be the biggest SW fan in the house! My plan is to get one drink each (the fancy pants ones because literally the only souvenir I personally want are those cups!) and if I need to leave with The Boy, DH gets all of them :) But my FOMO is too great to not even try.

There are tables with bench seating in the bar, but not many of them. I can’t imagine a cast member trying to put a child at a high top table, but you could request a table with seating to be sure.

There are tables with bench seating in the bar, but not many of them. I can’t imagine a cast member trying to put a child at a high top table, but you could request a table with seating to be sure.

When we had my 5 year old nephew with us they stuck us in the corner by the emergency exit. No seats, only a small bit of high counter space along the wall. My sister left with him pretty quickly, mostly because he was bothered by how loud it was.

When we went there were absolutely families with kids placed at the high top tables. You might be able to make a request if it's not busy, but during busy times they really don't have the ability to honor requests unless they're disability requests (which have to be honored).

Echoing others- I have seen kids far too short to reach a hightop placed there with their family. This is why I’ve said that while kids are absolutely welcome, the design of the place caters to adults.

I may or may not have neglected my own thread. Oops!

Anyways, we ended up going! We were stuck in the awkward time out corner with the shallow counter/table thing, but we were put in there with a fun couple and both DH and I really enjoyed our drinks. I had the fuzzy one (the real name escapes me) and he had the Jedi Mind Trick. It was definitely one of those tap the magic band and don’t look at the total situations 😂, but we’re glad we tried it. One and done, but fun.

Also I am very happy we did not have our kids with us. Definitely not something that we would find enjoyable with them in tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter