***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the September 2017 thread. All are welcome who will be at WDW at any given day in September. If you'd like your dates/resort added just post and I'll add. I'll keep the first post updated with refurbs, news, etc etc. Happy Planning!!!

All Star Music from 8/30 - 9/6! Thanks for the thread.

Just read coral reef is undergoing a refurb aug 27 - tbd. Hmmm guess that will solve my dilemma of deciding between coral reef and via Napoli on our Epcot day.

We picked Le Cellier for dinner on our Epcot day. It is hard with so many great eating choices and food and wine going on at the same time.

We officially hit double digits today!!!

We picked Le Cellier for dinner on our Epcot day. It is hard with so many great eating choices and food and wine going on at the same time.

We officially hit double digits today!!!

We hit double digits as well!
Isn't it exciting? When I started planning we had over 500 days. It passed so quickly.

Just read coral reef is undergoing a refurb aug 27 - tbd. Hmmm guess that will solve my dilemma of deciding between coral reef and via Napoli on our Epcot day.

Hmm I'll be watching for more info. We have a reservation towards the end of September. So I wonder if it will be available by then

A couple of updates:

I called WDW and the have nothing on the coral reef refurb.

Also, the new frozen dessert illuminations party is going to be able to be booked starting tomorrow. The dates start August 2 on....

I can't remember if I mentioned I when I was going, I'm sure I appeared on some of the earlier pages on this thread but I've stopped getting updates for most of the ones I used. September 17th to October 1st for me, solo trip staying at All Star Movies. I'm on 95 days today.

I am interested to see what it is like flying so far for us all, to get to such an active holiday. It is almost 14 hours flying time to Houston, then a 3 hour break for getting through customs and onto the next flight to Orlando, apparently another 2 1/2 hours flight time. So between having to check in 3 hours before flight time at our end, and the flight times, that is around 22 hours from airport to final airport, plus travel at either end.

Because we cross the date line both ways, we leave here at 5pm Friday, and arrive Orlando at 7pm Friday - if only it really was 2 hours!(Of course coming back it is leave Thursday, arrive home Saturday - that isn't so much fun).

I have done a much longer flight, years ago when I flew to the UK. We stopped in Cairns, Singapore, Abu Dhabi before finally making it to London. That was somewhere between 30 and 40 hours all done, I was so wiped when I got there!

London to Orlando isn't too bad I'm going back 5 hours in time with a 9 hour flight although I do loose my first day on travel because I could only get an afternoon flight.

I've not done a journey as long as yours, my flight to LA was something like 11 hours and the time difference got me then, the only time I can say I noticed jetlag had affected me. I struggled to get up in the mornings when I was there.

I had the intro part of Circle of Life as my alarm to wake me up, I think it helped. That and for Disney, we did a 14 night stay and did open to close in most parks for most days of the trip. By the end some of the other group were struggling (all adults) but I think I was running on pixie dust/magic. :rotfl2:

With everyone talking about AK earlier I was wondering do they still do these in the parks? - I know there is a new Pandora passport which I shall get.

20170611_115103 (2).jpg

I was going to go back and add the stickers to the bits I missed last time and I've lost some of the stickers somehow. Last time I went AK was always talked about as a half day park. We were there open till close and still had things to do. I'm planning a whole separate morning for Pandora and then trying to see it at night on my full day with just a walk though.

I can't remember if I mentioned I when I was going, I'm sure I appeared on some of the earlier pages on this thread but I've stopped getting updates for most of the ones I used. September 17th to October 1st for me, solo trip staying at All Star Movies. I'm on 95 days today.

London to Orlando isn't too bad I'm going back 5 hours in time with a 9 hour flight although I do loose my first day on travel because I could only get an afternoon flight.

I've not done a journey as long as yours, my flight to LA was something like 11 hours and the time difference got me then, the only time I can say I noticed jetlag had affected me. I struggled to get up in the mornings when I was there.

I had the intro part of Circle of Life as my alarm to wake me up, I think it helped. That and for Disney, we did a 14 night stay and did open to close in most parks for most days of the trip. By the end some of the other group were struggling (all adults) but I think I was running on pixie dust/magic. :rotfl2:

With everyone talking about AK earlier I was wondering do they still do these in the parks? - I know there is a new Pandora passport which I shall get.

View attachment 244443

I was going to go back and add the stickers to the bits I missed last time and I've lost some of the stickers somehow. Last time I went AK was always talked about as a half day park. We were there open till close and still had things to do. I'm planning a whole separate morning for Pandora and then trying to see it at night on my full day with just a walk though.

You may be talking about the original sept thread. The op went mia so i started a new one. The other one was closed so you wouldn't get any new alerts since nothing could be added. Glad you found your way over here.

OK I have a question for everyone. Other than the tickets and room etc, what have you bought especially for your trip?

I got a wooden Disney vacation countdown calendar off esty.
I bought 2 sets of luggage. Needed some anyway but I bought them especially for this trip.
New Camcorder, extra batteries, memory cards and travel bag.
2 pocket juice external batteries
Bought 2 battery powered fans for little mans stroller and batteries.
Got a park bag for my little man.
Got a child monkey restraint so my little man won't wander off.
Got some re-freezable packs for the soft sided cooler.
Got little man some Mickey Mouse Crocks.
I am sure there is more

Things I still need to get.
1st Disney Trip t-shirts
The in room celebration
I know the wife and daughter will get some new clothes, shoes, etc.

Not much yet. I have got a waterproof round the neck thing for my phone and stuff for water rides. I have a list of bits and pieces.
The main thing I have to get sorted in the next few weeks is shoes - but tricky as it is winter here, and I am wanting sandle type shoes for walking rather than closed in shoes.
I do have to sit and do a decent list, but school holidays in 3 weeks, so that is when I am aiming to hit all my Disney lists.

Way too much!

Backpacks for the girls. Will fill it with new small toys and things to keep them busy on the plane.
Small tinker bell gifts for the girls every night.
A cooler bag. Where can you refreeze the freezer packs? I don't think our room will have a freezer in the mini fridge.
New clothes for everyone. Disney tees, nightgowns, bathing suits.
Suitcases which we needed anyway
A rain cover for our double stroller
Need to buy extra battery packs for our phones
A pop up hamper and (3) hanging shelf organizers for the closet
Minnie ears (a few diff ones)

I bought bit belts.
I have a neck wallet and pop up hamper saved on Amazon.
I plan on getting ponchos and a misting fan when we get there.

Hi Everyone! We will be staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, September 17 - 22. We have stayed there before and love the relaxed atmosphere. So many new things going on at Disney! Happily Ever After, Pandora, Rivers of Light, to name a few. Hope we have time for it all! Currently deciding if we go with Touring Plans, Undercover tourist, or make our own Touring plan (as I usually do). Let us know what you think of a Touring plan!:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter