Official Wishes Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you...We are going in July...Any word when they open up July?
I called today about July and the CM said to check back...I hate that because now that means I will have to call everyday or risk not getting the date we want....Also the sooner you call for the date you want, the better the table you get...So I really want to book ASAP.

Hi, this is a little confusing. My mom is in a wheelchair. We'll be there with a party of 6. Does this mean that we'll be assigned a table to sit at to eat our desserts, but then for my mom to be able to see we'll have to move her to a different area, and we don't get to stay together?

thanks,

KC:hippie:

Having done this last year, I would suggest that you get there before they open the area and speak with someone. There are plenty of tables in the area where you can see the fireworks even if you do not leave you table, and even if people are standing at the rail (assuming no basketball teams are attending). If you speak with a cast member before people start getting seats, and explain your concerns about staying together, and ask if it might be possible to be at a table where you will be able to stay seated and see the fireworks.

It looked like they had all the seats assigned beforehand, so they may need to do a little shuffling. It can't hurt to ask. It may also pay to go over earlier in the day when this terrace is open and check lines of sight from various places in the area, so you can make an informed suggestion to the cast member.

i would also just suggest that you ask that your reservation is noted "handicapped/wheelchair" and you should be accommodated... even if your table is not in the first row, one can easily wheel to the rail to see :)

What if it is raining? Do they cancel?

Just trying to figure out if I want to try this. It sounds fun. Trying to figure out how many chocolate covered strawberries do I have to eat to make it worth it.:rotfl:

I think it depends on the weather...the area is covered, so you are sheltered from any inclement weather happenings..but whether or not they run the fireworks is a separate issue! :)

What if it is raining? Do they cancel?

Just trying to figure out if I want to try this. It sounds fun. Trying to figure out how many chocolate covered strawberries do I have to eat to make it worth it.:rotfl:

Last Aug., when we did it, it was barely sprinkling and they did have Wishes. However, Tink did not fly at all. THis was disappointing, since having her fly right over you is one of the perks to seeing wishes from that location. But I guess she does not fly in any kind of questionable weather, and since it's for her safety, I can't really complain. Be prepared for that to happen.

I understand that it is very rare for Wishes to be canceled due to weather, though.

When I made my reservation and they read from the "script" she said it was not cancelled due to rain, that the dessert party goes on rain or shine.

I called today about July and the CM said to check back...I hate that because now that means I will have to call everyday or risk not getting the date we want....Also the sooner you call for the date you want, the better the table you get...So I really want to book ASAP.

Hmm...when I made my reservation, yesterday, I asked if tables were assigned with the booking and was told that it is first come-first serve seating :confused3

Anyone know for sure? I really hope they are pre-assigned.

We'll be there April 10th.:woohoo:

Just booked April 17 :cool1:

OH MY GOSH! Not only are we also from NC, but we ALSO are eating there that night!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!! We couldn't get in during our honeymoon, so I'm stoked to go this time!

Hopefully we can meet! I will have my LGMH on :cool1:

Hopefully they keep it running throughout the year. If we go with just the five of us in January, it's possible we will do it this time. IF prices don't go up higher :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter