Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

The wine and dine will be my first ever run..... So I'm so very happy its a Disney run! I am just wondering what everyone brings to the race in the morning. I know you need to check in the day prior to get your bib, but do you need to bring anything else to the actual run.... I do not want to carry any extra stuff so I'm wondering if I have to bring I.D.? I know I'll have car keys (not staying on property this time, we love our DVC) and a small snack, but do I need anything else?
If you are interested in a finish line beer, you will need ID. I have visions of tripping, smashing my face, passing out, and destroying my bib with emergency info on the back so I carry ID, a tissue, chapstick, and $20 incase my magic band fails (slightly more likely than knocking myself out, but still has never happened).

The wine and dine will be my first ever run..... So I'm so very happy its a Disney run! I am just wondering what everyone brings to the race in the morning. I know you need to check in the day prior to get your bib, but do you need to bring anything else to the actual run.... I do not want to carry any extra stuff so I'm wondering if I have to bring I.D.? I know I'll have car keys (not staying on property this time, we love our DVC) and a small snack, but do I need anything else?

In case you do end up wanting to bring gear, runDisney gear check is usually fast, organized and easy. I check my gear with them at every race. You have to use the bag they provide (large, clear plastic bag given out when you pick up your race shirt), but it works fine.

I like to have essentials with me, plus I always pack ID/cash for my post-race champagne! Also there's usually a small merchandise tent at the finish w/ anything left over from the expo. (I wear my magicband too, but the magicband system is known to crash out temporarily, so having cash for backup is a good idea.)

In case you do end up wanting to bring gear, runDisney gear check is usually fast, organized and easy. I check my gear with them at every race. You have to use the bag they provide (large, clear plastic bag given out when you pick up your race shirt), but it works fine.

I like to have essentials with me, plus I always pack ID/cash for my post-race champagne! Also there's usually a small merchandise tent at the finish w/ anything left over from the expo. (I wear my magicband too, but the magicband system is known to crash out temporarily, so having cash for backup is a good idea.)
Very good tips thank you

Well I didn’t have this fear, but I do now. :oops:

At home, I run alone. I always run with my ID, insurance card and a CC. Years ago I was hit by a car who ran a red light (my head made quite the impact on their hood and thru their windshield). Even though there would be thousands of people around at Disney, I want to be as sure as possible to have the bare essentials on me if something goes awry.

good morning all! as my adr day is in 3 days it had me thinking about the races I know no one knows anything yet but I honestly don't think races will be allowed until next year I just wish run disney would let us know sooner than later just with I could get excited about training and going on vacation but I just cant yet anyone else in the same mental boat?

good morning all! as my adr day is in 3 days it had me thinking about the races I know no one knows anything yet but I honestly don't think races will be allowed until next year I just wish run disney would let us know sooner than later just with I could get excited about training and going on vacation but I just cant yet anyone else in the same mental boat?

Patience. We’ve still got 6 months until the race weekend. A lot has happened in the last month and I think it’s a safe bet that a lot is going to keep happening in the coming months.

My pure speculation is that if they can open the parks, the race weekend will most likely be held. The only possible thing RunDisney could do right now is cancel the races. I don’t think they’re going to do that. They’re going to do all they can to keep the races if they can be held safely and that won’t be known until we’re much closer to November.

Train like the races are going to go on. The worst that will happen is that you’ll be in better shape and healthier if they end up cancelling later.

For me I’m still planning to put down some ADRs on Saturday cause even if the race is canceled so long as the parks are open to some capacity we will have a well deserved stay cation (I’m a grocery store employee, the others in my party is an Amazon customer service representative & an Operating Room technician)

as for training I’m planning to tentatively do my first half in February so if W&D is canceled it will just be extra training for this

We're making plans as if we're going, but I agree with you and feel like the chances are high this will be cancelled. My opinion is that the way the country seems to be going about reopening, we will easily see another spike in infection and mortality rates and we could very likely see another high spike that creates additional closures and stay at home orders.

Odds Wine and Dine will be cancelled but Marathon Weekend will be held? Not super interested in doing both races, but would hate for W&D to not happen and then Marathon Weekend will be obviously sold out.

Odds Wine and Dine will be cancelled but Marathon Weekend will be held? Not super interested in doing both races, but would hate for W&D to not happen and then Marathon Weekend will be obviously sold out.

Your guess is as good as anyone else’s at this point.

I know local races are different then big races like RunDisney but as of last night my local running club officially canceled their summer series, officially moved their May race to the weekend their September race was to be run and in turn the September race to early October

it was also interesting to see how fast AP/DVC got sold out this morning with it being the first race to open registration in pandemic times RD could be planning to lower capacity for 2021 races so they can be run in accordance to large gathering ordinances

it was also interesting to see how fast AP/DVC got sold out this morning with it being the first race to open registration in pandemic times RD could be planning to lower capacity for 2021 races so they can be run in accordance to large gathering ordinances

Wine & Dine sold out for the AP/DVC early registration, didn't it? I'm not sure that is a good barometer. How quick;y it sells out for general registration may be a better gauge--especially the full.

I know local races are different then big races like RunDisney but as of last night my local running club officially canceled their summer series, officially moved their May race to the weekend their September race was to be run and in turn the September race to early October

Yeah, anyone who is interested needs to be on their A game on Tuesday because it does seem general registration will go fast either due to limited capacity/ those from Star Wars/ etc.

Any other year I would just wait it out and see and if it gets cancelled. But i've been really close to placing in my age group my past two attempts. I am about to age up into the next group that seems more challenging with several elite runners. Marathon would be the last race weekend in my age group so I am super tempted. Probably will end up signing up just in case. And if I have to take two Disney trips...then..welp, I guess I'll just have to. :rotfl2:

I'm making ADRs and planning my Wine & Dine trip. But I'm not anywhere near sure I'll go, even if the race happens as scheduled.

Too early and way too many unknowns for me to make informed decisions about risks, so I'm just enjoying the planning part even if the trip never happens. :)

Everyone is just kicking the can down the road at this point. In a few months, you will see Fall races being moved to Spring. Shutting down is not making the virus go away, it is just dragging it out. We either decide to live with it when numbers trend up after things start to re-open or be prepared to stay in shut down mode until there is a vaccine or treatment which may come by January or maybe in 2 years or maybe never.

Everyone is just kicking the can down the road at this point. In a few months, you will see Fall races being moved to Spring. Shutting down is not making the virus go away, it is just dragging it out. We either decide to live with it when numbers trend up after things start to re-open or be prepared to stay in shut down mode until there is a vaccine or treatment which may come by January or maybe in 2 years or maybe never.
The point of shutting down isn't to make the virus go away, it's to keep volumes down so our healthcare system can handle it.

The point of shutting down isn't to make the virus go away, it's to keep volumes down so our healthcare system can handle it.
Agreed. I am not debating why we shut everything down. Just commenting on why races (and other things) will keep getting postponed. When people start going out and cases go up, we will need to shut back down so again we don’t overload the healthcare system. That’s why experts are warning about opening up too early. And this back and forth will drag on until we find a vaccine or treatment.

Agreed. I am not debating why we shut everything down. Just commenting on why races (and other things) will keep getting postponed. When people start going out and cases go up, we will need to shut back down so again we don’t overload the healthcare system. That’s why experts are warning about opening up too early. And this back and forth will drag on until we find a vaccine or treatment.

The good news is that there are vaccines already entering human clinical trials and if everything goes well, could be available for emergency use this fall. That’s still a ways away from general availability, but previous SARS and MERS research has helped move candidate vaccine identification ahead more quickly than it might otherwise have.

The good news is that there are vaccines already entering human clinical trials and if everything goes well, could be available for emergency use this fall. That’s still a ways away from general availability, but previous SARS and MERS research has helped move candidate vaccine identification ahead more quickly than it might otherwise have.
I wonder how many people will get vaccinated with the first release of vaccinations without knowing the long-term side effects?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter