Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

This post did make me think... Since Wine & Dine isn’t until November, I do not anticipate it will be cancelled. 🤞 However, we could still be phasing back into our new reality, which will most likely include new protocols for large events. How do you think Disney might handle this? The event is already sold out, so they do not have an option to limit capacity. They can adjust corrals and waves to spread us out, but that doesn’t help the starting line.

This post did make me think... Since Wine & Dine isn’t until November, I do not anticipate it will be cancelled. 🤞 However, we could still be phasing back into our new reality, which will most likely include new protocols for large events. How do you think Disney might handle this? The event is already sold out, so they do not have an option to limit capacity. They can adjust corrals and waves to spread us out, but that doesn’t help the starting line.
Yeah it will be really interesting to see what all races do for that matter.

There’s a strong chance the race will not take place as planned. Unless a vaccine is developed or a breakthrough is found to keep the virus from being so infectious, I don’t expect many insurance companies will be game for writing policies for mass participation events this year. Many of the usual volunteers who support races may not feel comfortable being surrounded by thousands of people, handing them water, etc., by this fall either.

There’s a strong chance the race will not take place as planned. Unless a vaccine is developed or a breakthrough is found to keep the virus from being so infectious, I don’t expect many insurance companies will be game for writing policies for mass participation events this year. Many of the usual volunteers who support races may not feel comfortable being surrounded by thousands of people, handing them water, etc., by this fall either.
I unfortunately agree. At this point, without a vaccine or testing, I think Wine & Dine is 50/50 at best.

I don’t know. Disney expects to be open by September at the latest. You have tons of races moved to the fall now as well. Someone has to bite the bullet and be the first race to go off since all of this has happened. Surely that won’t be Disney but Disney will be watching for sure.

I’m thinking if characters are on course they will be for crowd support and not meet-able also no provided water/fuel on course
I’m mentally thinking it’s a 60/40 chance the race will not happen (however when I commented to an influencer how I fully expect all fall/winter events at theme parks to be dropped even with parks reopen he said it was doubtful as they would want the revenue )

I’m mentally thinking it’s a 60/40 chance the race will not happen (however when I commented to an influencer how I fully expect all fall/winter events at theme parks to be dropped even with parks reopen he said it was doubtful as they would want the revenue )
That's just it. If Disney isn't forced to cancel the extra events they won't because they are going to need the revenue. The parks are one of their biggest revenue makers.

For those of us from outside of the US the chances of international travel being back to "normal" by november are looking slimmer and slimmer. At this point I've assumed I won't be there sadly.

A friend in my Facebook run group posted below. Probably it was someone at Run Disney trying to be funny and published below content in live-mode, instead of test-mode of the website. It's not on the website anymore, but has anyone else seen it?

View attachment 487062

Hahaha! Yeah, I saw that. The OP (Brian - he is a member of a few Run Disney fan pages on Facebook) posted that. I think it was originally an April Fool’s joke. A LOT of people thought it was real. Lol but there’s so much non Disney lingo in it and he really went all out with the weather. Lol. It was a good laugh!!

Hi, all! I'd like to submit a proof of time race result, but because of the current situation there are zero potential races that I could get to between now and August 4th. I did find a USATF-certified race I could enter that takes place on August 8th, however. Does anyone know if there's a way to perhaps petition runDisney to consider accepting those results as my POT? I have emailed them a similar question, but I received a standard canned response suggesting I continue checking the web site. Thanks!

Hi, all! I'd like to submit a proof of time race result, but because of the current situation there are zero potential races that I could get to between now and August 4th. I did find a USATF-certified race I could enter that takes place on August 8th, however. Does anyone know if there's a way to perhaps petition runDisney to consider accepting those results as my POT? I have emailed them a similar question, but I received a standard canned response suggesting I continue checking the web site. Thanks!
So many are in the same boat. You will have to make do with what you have unfortunately.

I sure hope so but the nurse in me says no.. I think with the amount registered- there is no way to complete this race before the parks open.. You have to remember all the buses have to pick up racers from all the resorts while practicing social distancing. the corals are jammed packed normally and it would take hours to do it the correct way. Maybe in 2021- it will be limited amount of runners to do it safely and in compliance. Just my gut feeling. :( I would love to return to for the wine and dine in November as it will be my 4th year in row.. There are just so many factors to consider and our new reality..

Now I realize this race may not happen, but that isn't stopping me from making my plans like it will.

It just feels good to have ADRs booked.
Yea my ADR day is Saturday and as of now we’re thinking even if the race is inevitably canceled depending on the state of the parks we’d still do a staycation as we live about an hour away

that said anyone know the likelihood that large gatherings bans will be lifted by marathon as that may sway me into signing up

The wine and dine will be my first ever run..... So I'm so very happy its a Disney run! I am just wondering what everyone brings to the race in the morning. I know you need to check in the day prior to get your bib, but do you need to bring anything else to the actual run.... I do not want to carry any extra stuff so I'm wondering if I have to bring I.D.? I know I'll have car keys (not staying on property this time, we love our DVC) and a small snack, but do I need anything else?

The wine and dine will be my first ever run..... So I'm so very happy its a Disney run! I am just wondering what everyone brings to the race in the morning. I know you need to check in the day prior to get your bib, but do you need to bring anything else to the actual run.... I do not want to carry any extra stuff so I'm wondering if I have to bring I.D.? I know I'll have car keys (not staying on property this time, we love our DVC) and a small snack, but do I need anything else?
Nope don’t need anything but your bib to run unless you are going to purchase anything at the finish line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter