Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

I'm getting pretty excited! (And nervous!) I was doing really well until the heat came back and I'm really struggling again ☹️ but I hope that gets better over the next four weeks...eek! Hope everyone else is getting there and meeting their goals!

For those of you who didn't receive an email, here is the verbiage from mine (Two Course Challenge):

It's almost time to celebrate the 2019 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz!

As a Half Marathon or Two Course Challenge participant, your access to our exclusive Post-Race Party at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is included, and is a great way to celebrate your accomplishments. Friends and family are also able to purchase tickets to enjoy the Post-Race party and tickets are still on sale!

You will be receiving your Post-Race Party ticket in the mail at the mailing address provided in your Disney Account. You will need to provide the ticket you receive in the mail, in a plain white envelope via USPS, to gain entry into the Post-Race Party. You can also add your ticket to your Disney Account and use the card or MagicBand associated with that account for entry. Mailings will begin the week of October 14, 2019 and you can expect to receive your ticket shortly thereafter. If you do not receive your ticket prior to arriving at Walt Disney World® Resort, on-site ticket solutions will be available at The Arena Box Office during runDisney Health & Fitness Expo hours.

Additionally, Half Marathon and Two Course Challenge participants will also be receiving a $15 Disney Promo Card, which will be sent to this email address. This email will be coming from Disney Gift Card Services, starting October 24, 2019. The Promo Card will expire on December, 31, 2019.

Additional details about the Post-Race Party and the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend can be found in the Digital Event Guide on runDisney.com.

The buttons which should take you to the digital event guide still are inactive as of this morning 2-Oct.
On a good note, I got the notification that my MagicBand for this adventure shipped.

Who told their kids they could run in costume but has done nothing to make it happen? This mom. The mom who also told the kid last night they could not run as pikachu as it is not a disney costume. Kid then pointed out she spent lots of time looking at Pokemon at Epcot's Japan pavilion. So, I should now figure out how to make a pokemon and a marie costume and give up on my own dream of a costume.....
Any opinions as to face paint for the day in whatever heat may come our way on November 2nd?
The wine portion of wine & dine will begin with the sewing this weekend.

Last edited:
Who told their kids they could run in costume but has done nothing to make it happen? This mom. The mom who also told the kid last night they could not run as pikachu as it is not a disney costume. Kid then pointed out she spent lots of time looking at Pokemon at Epcot's Japan pavilion. So, I should now figure out how to make a pokemon and a marie costume and give up on my own dream of a costume.....
Any opinions as to face paint for the day in whatever heat may come our way on November 2nd?
The wine portion of wine & dine will begin with the sewing this weekend.
You're in good company ;)

I mean, I get why with the construction, but it is kind of disappointing to not be running through Spaceship Earth. I was also hoping to go through Galaxy's Edge a little. :charac2: Oh well, it's our first race so it is going to be fun regardless! Let's do it! 🏃‍♀️

Love the 5K and half courses! Slightly underwhelmed by the 10K, but it is what it is. Didn't really expect anything different. It seems like there may be a little more backstage areas through Epcot than normal, which I love to see, since I can see the usual stuff in the parks throughout the day anyway.

Hmmm. It’s fine, but the start and finish are pretty inauspicious. Lots of running round car parks in the dark

It’s making me kind of wish they announced the change of 5k location BEFORE AP/DVC sign up day and not the day after when I was already committed as my reason for signing was a change of scene and not the same back half of the 10k course (now with even LESS park time then last year which already had a blink and you’ll miss it amount) just with an added out and back from imagination to seas ....

It’s kind of making me feel unmotivated in this final stretch when I need it most

Bummed about the 10K course. It was not the course I was looking for...

Does anyone have advice for my family getting from BC to the BW. Will it be a pain to get there if the race has started already?

I think the courses look fine to me. 3 parks for the half at least, last I ran Wine & Dine was 2016 with just 2 parks. Yes, it would be nice to have studios in the 10k but at least it's different than the other Jan/Feb 10k course. The 5k is different than the old Epcot 5k course so that's something. The ending being different is what it is with construction, will seem weird not going closer to the ball. I don't know I'm just excited so easy to please I guess.

I think the courses look fine to me. 3 parks for the half at least, last I ran Wine & Dine was 2016 with just 2 parks. Yes, it would be nice to have studios in the 10k but at least it's different than the other Jan/Feb 10k course. The 5k is different than the old Epcot 5k course so that's something. The ending being different is what it is with construction, will seem weird not going closer to the ball. I don't know I'm just excited so easy to please I guess.
Same, super excited!!. Not sure what others were expecting. Plus so much time in AK for the half!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter