Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

I'm excited for the themes, especially the Challenge as the Three Caballeros! Jungle Book 5k is cool too even if not at DAK.

The 10k is my least favorite, but being Sven & Olaf versus the sisters makes it better at least. Too Bad no Tiana. So many other ideas they could do other than Frozen.

They all have food at least tied in, if the carrot counts on the 10k (not really but I'll go with it).

I saw the themes and I LOVE THEM. I’m doing the challenge, and I literally gasped with excitement when I saw the Three Caballeros in the artwork. So great!!! All three of the challenge art previews look excellent.

Here’s hoping they improve the merchandise quality this time so I can spend some money at the expo (unlike at Star Wars this year where I left empty handed)!!

And kids races as Timon & Simba. I think it is sort of cheating that the artwork was modified for a kids shirt we already bought, but at least my kids are excited about the theme?86869824-BBD5-4C3A-A1B7-95FF9A716004.png

I love the half and challenge. Of course, I let life and excuses get in the way so I'm only doing the 5 and 10. Regret that now for sure. Live and learn I guess.

Reread the article and the overall theme is trip around the world which makes sense with everything but the kids races being at EPCOT even if it doesn’t quite fit the wine and dine theme
Is there a link to the article? I can’t find a mention of the themes on rundisney itself.

I get that but still think its a stretch. I am also still bitter about the 5K being at Epcot when Jungle Book would've been perfect at AK.
Same I think if they announced the move BEFORE AP sign up I would of just did the 10k..... Jungle Book would fit more if we had an India pavilion at Epcot imho

I'm excited for the themes, especially the Challenge as the Three Caballeros! Jungle Book 5k is cool too even if not at DAK.

The 10k is my least favorite, but being Sven & Olaf versus the sisters makes it better at least. Too Bad no Tiana. So many other ideas they could do other than Frozen.

They all have food at least tied in, if the carrot counts on the 10k (not really but I'll go with it).

I’m excited too but I have to say... I’m super shocked that there was no princess and the frog. I mean; we all assumed that’s why Tiana was missing from princess, right!? I’m not complaining... just surprised. This was the only year I signed up for just the half but now I’m considering switching to the challenge! That challenge medal... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??!

So to go from half to challenge you just register for the challenge and get refunded for the half?

I just sent them an email to make sure... I wanna do the same thing but it's a lot of money to have two registrations if we don't get one back...?! This was the first time I didn't do the challenge and thought that the half was enough because I did all the races at Princess and I'm doing DLP for the castle to chateau challenge medal.

Of course Disney pulls out the 3 caballeros so now I'm panicking!!! :worship:

Last edited:
So wait, they pull the best 5k they have out of Animal Kingdom, only to theme it in such a way that's perfect for DAK? Makes perfect sense.

That being said, I do quite like 3 Caballeros as the challenge theme.

One day I will get my Tiana medal...one day. I’m a big fan of the American Adventure/Voices of Liberty though, so I’m excited to see the patriotic theme play out. Fingers crossed that the half ends up being Tiana themed for Princess.

I just sent them an email to make sure... I wanna do the same thing but it's a lot of money to have two registrations if we don't get one back...?! This was the first time I didn't do the challenge and thought that the half was enough because I did all the races at Princess and I'm doing DLP for the castle to chateau challenge medal.

Of course Disney pulls out the 3 caballeros so now I'm panicking!!! :worship:
You'll get a refund less a $45 transfer fee (what it used to be anyway). You have to call /email them to do the transfer after you register for the new Challenge.

The 3 Caballeros was a surprise & I think the most excited I've been for a medal/shirt. I can see it pulling people to the Challenge for sure, so smart Disney released these so early. I can't remember a time seeing detailed artwork this far in advance. Besides the new banners on the registration pages that is.

You'll get a refund less a $45 transfer fee (what it used to be anyway). You have to call /email them to do the transfer after you register for the new Challenge.

The 3 Caballeros was a surprise & I think the most excited I've been for a medal/shirt. I can see it pulling people to the Challenge for sure, so smart Disney released these so early. I can't remember a time seeing detailed artwork this far in advance. Besides the new banners on the registration pages that is.

Thank you so much! I'm right there with you... the only way that the challenge medal could have been better would be if Robin Hood magically appeared! But the Three Caballeros?! Come on! That's amazing!

Okay I will register for the challenge now; thanks for your advice! I assumed that would be the process based on the FAQ's but I didn't want to miss a step and be stuck with two registrations given that I have to register for Princess on May 30th! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter