Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Am I the only one incredibly excited for the themes? Kinda shocked at how much disappointment there is actually. Also thought it was obvious that Patriotic Mickey would be involved somehow since that was on the email sent out after registration.
The only thing I'm disappointed about is the fact that the kids races got Lion King.
While I’m rolling my eyes over the irony of the 5K being Jungle Book the year after it moved from DAK I’m excited and now adding new costume ideas to my list

Am I the only one incredibly excited for the themes? Kinda shocked at how much disappointment there is actually. Also thought it was obvious that Patriotic Mickey would be involved somehow since that was on the email sent out after registration.
The only thing I'm disappointed about is the fact that the kids races got Lion King.
Yes! :rotfl2: Actually, I think those of us vocally opposed to this year’s themes are the minority. I just felt like an anniversary year should stay true to the original theme of the weekend.

Yes! :rotfl2: Actually, I think those of us vocally opposed to this year’s themes are the minority. I just felt like an anniversary year should stay true to the original theme of the weekend.
Yeah Facebook seems to like them.

Did everyone see the extra extra magic hours announcement? I’m disappointed it ends Nov 2 so I can’t use them at all because I’ll be running.

Did everyone see the extra extra magic hours announcement? I’m disappointed it ends Nov 2 so I can’t use them at all because I’ll be running.
I wonder how it will effect the Half course on the second..... am also pondering since I’m only doing the 5 and 10 if I want to attempt studios Sunday morning (were already planning Epcot Forever Saturday night)

I wonder how it will effect the Half course on the second..... am also pondering since I’m only doing the 5 and 10 if I want to attempt studios Sunday morning (were already planning Epcot Forever Saturday night)
I am guessing that the 10k on November 2 won't go through HS at all (like Star Wars 10k) so that HS can open at 6 am for Extra, Extra Magic Hours. Then we can run the regular half course on on Nov. 3rd because HS can be on normal schedule and we will all be out of there before it opens at 9 am.

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place for these questions, but please redirect me if not! I am excited for my husband's first Disney race, the wine and dine half on Nov 3! He is a fast runner, and I need some help understanding how a Disney race goes so that I can plan for the rest of our family. My two main questions are: 1. How is the transportation after the race? We're staying at the polynesian that day. If he finishes like, around 7 am or before, how long will he wait for a bus back? Would he have to wait until 830? 900? For a monorail back? Is it difficult to get an uber/taxi/Lyft back? And 2. In the chance that he places in the top three, the award ceremony is at 830. How timely are the award ceremonies? If I don't buy chear squad, would I be able to see it?

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that park hours were extended/changed from Sept. 1 - Nov. 2nd. Of course this is due to SWGE.

Sadly I can’t rope drop the parks after the 5K and 10K anymore :(

Doing ADR's right now. Sad to see no availability for Cali Grill Brunch after the Half Marathon :(

So, with park hours (except EP) changing and the extra extra magic hours, I guess maybe that's why the 5k was moved from to DAK to Epcot. Normally, it's all over by the time guests come in, but now with extra extra morning hours at 7:00am that wouldn't be possible at DAK.

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that park hours were extended/changed from Sept. 1 - Nov. 2nd. Of course this is due to SWGE.

Sadly I can’t rope drop the parks after the 5K and 10K anymore :(
Right! I'm trying to figure out the best way to do these extra extra magic mornings and race mornings as we always do that too. I feel hitting Galaxy's Edge after a race might not be the best idea since the crowd will already be there. At least there will be 2 months of crowds to see how those mornings play out to prepare us.

How do we go about transferring from the Half to the Challenge? Do I need to call and do it or sign up for the Challenge first?

I'll be real bummed if the 10k doesn't go through DHS. Or even worse if the half doesn't (a la 2016 course). I understand that the park will opening earlier, but many times when I run through for the half or full (I'm much slower), the park has been open.

How do we go about transferring from the Half to the Challenge? Do I need to call and do it or sign up for the Challenge first?
You sign up for the Challenge & email/call runDisney and they refund you the difference less the $45 (unless the amount has changed) transfer fee.

I'll be real bummed if the 10k doesn't go through DHS. Or even worse if the half doesn't (a la 2016 course). I understand that the park will opening earlier, but many times when I run through for the half or full (I'm much slower), the park has been open.

The only other time I ran Wine & dine was 2016, I really hope it doesn't go to that half course. It was okay, but I like the other one better (did it for Dark Side). 10k was just the regular Epcot course in 2016.

The 10k didn't even go through Studios in 2018 though, same with Rival Run 2019. I can see it being this course again.

I have a feeling barring the construction on World Drive 10k will be the same as last year/rival run was which was so dark and narrow and hilly

FWIW 2017 was my favorite course

There's no chance for the 10k. With the huge crowds for Star Wars there is no way we run through that for the 10k. It will he packed by 6am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!