Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Just made my dining reservations. I am not feeling confident about anything except Trattoria al Forno the night before the half. I'm sure I'll change them several times in the next six months.

Working on reservation...Is it possible to finish the race, get to Art of Animation for a shower, then get to Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge) by 1:30 for lunch? I think we'll be in a middle corral to start the race.

Working on reservation...Is it possible to finish the race, get to Art of Animation for a shower, then get to Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge) by 1:30 for lunch? I think we'll be in a middle corral to start the race.

That should be possible.

Our TA got our 3 adr's in the time frames we wanted, yay! Now to wait for ROL to get figured out hopefully. Not much to do until that info comes out or August to get ready for our fp date. I don't like the planning lull. Costume time I guess :)

Our TA got our 3 adr's in the time frames we wanted, yay! Now to wait for ROL to get figured out hopefully. Not much to do until that info comes out or August to get ready for our fp date. I don't like the planning lull. Costume time I guess :)

ROL was definitely throwing me off a bit for ADRs. I really want to see it, but I currently have my AK day planned for Friday, so we will want to be in bed on the early side and I didn't want to schedule dinner for 8 pm.

I agree, the not knowing about AK hours, or even the nighttime entertainment at MK and HS has definitely required me to make a ton of variable ADRs...just in case. But I agree with @RogueKnits I don't know in the end how late I'll even be able to stay up.

You've got the time, just keep in mind you'll be going to a park first, then transitioning to a bus to the lodge.

We are staying the week after the race and haven't totally figured our days out. We're also getting hoppers so as long as we can figure it out before our fp date well be good. We'll still do ak one afternoon/evening for the other nightime stuff so fingers crossed it starts before Nov.

A thread on the Attraction and Theme parks strategy board got me thinking, it was about Crying at Disney Fireworks.

Now I use to be quite Steely and not too emotional, then I became a mum (mom) and now I cry at loads of things and I have the sneaking suspicion I will turn into a blubbering wreck, maybe during the race and probably,(Who am I kidding) most definitely when I cross the finish line.

It got me thinking would I be alone with this and have to keep all my Kleenex to myself or are there other folks who will have a the odd tear in their eyes..

A thread on the Attraction and Theme parks strategy board got me thinking, it was about Crying at Disney Fireworks.

Now I use to be quite Steely and not too emotional, then I became a mum (mom) and now I cry at loads of things and I have the sneaking suspicion I will turn into a blubbering wreck, maybe during the race and probably,(Who am I kidding) most definitely when I cross the finish line.

It got me thinking would I be alone with this and have to keep all my Kleenex to myself or are there other folks who will have a the odd tear in their eyes..

I"m doing the 10K and I'm sure I'll be a mess afterwards - that's just how I am too. So I'm right there with you.

You definitely will not be alone. I usually tear up at the fireworks shows and when we leave the park to go home on our last day. And that isn't after running my first half marathon so I know I'll be an emotional mess after this race too! I agree, it was after becoming a mum that I became so sensitive and emotional and nostalgic and sentimental.
I usually insist that we all wear our MouseEars to the airport and onto the plane for take off. Then I tear up when we lift off the runway (although some of that is PURE TERROR about air travel) and remove our Mouse Ears and accept that our trip has ended. :,(

I had a dream last night that a 10K and challenge was added. I guess this is on my mind....or because I finally hung up my medals on my "Magical Miles" hangers and I have 1 empty hook on each one. :rolleyes1

Wow. Good call! Just got to go back and read through this thread with all I missed at the beginning.

Has anyone stayed at non-Disney onsite properties, specifically the Four Seaons or the Waldorf/Hilton Bonnet Creek, over a race weekend? Just wondering if they provide transport or do anything else for the runners?

ADRs made and I am sure we will be tinkering with them once we see where the courses will end and begin...LOL. Who am I kidding, we are already tinkering with them. LOL

I have my ADRs made, but I feel like I might end up changing or canceling half of them!! Waiting for F&W events and AK hours, etc.

Has anyone stayed at non-Disney onsite properties, specifically the Four Seaons or the Waldorf/Hilton Bonnet Creek, over a race weekend? Just wondering if they provide transport or do anything else for the runners?
I have, and you need to find out from the resort directly. Hilton Bonnet Creek has special Marathon Weekend (they use that term for all race weekends) rates that include buses to and from half and full marathons, but don't cover 5Ks and 10Ks, nor the expo. Wyndham Bonnet Creek has no race transportation. IDK about Four Seasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter